The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Build 6.0

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SNT1

haha, an odd, white prototype, I almost thought it would be clad with a bunny decal.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Laevatein

Interesting tidbit regarding the name "Varanus":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varanus

Considering that the head and arms made me think of a lizard when I first saw the design, I think it's oddly fitting. :lol:
quasadra

so the rumor a couple of months ago were right after all. it have two GN cone, but the drive is nowhere to be seen. it is in the torso perhaps? and those cones seem to be movable.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
OutLawSuit

Looks identical to the lineart that appeared just as the first season was ending, so guess that is the true design afterall. What is interesting is that it has no visible weaponry other than Astraea style weapon plugins on the wrists.

EDIT: I missed what look like two vertically oriented beam sabers on the back waist armor. I think the green circles around the joints have some significance though.
Last edited by OutLawSuit on Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
quasadra

it has two beam saber at least.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
plau

so it's basically a buffed version of Exia, why can't they come up with something more original... lol oh well, but it still looks pretty cool. haha
Patrick Lau <ZGMF-X20A>
Knights of the Round
Laevatein

plau wrote:so it's basically a buffed version of Exia, why can't they come up with something more original... lol oh well, but it still looks pretty cool. haha
In terms of aesthetics it doesn't look much different from the Exia, but it's in the details that make this MS beautiful, like the elbow joints being GN Condensers (can't wait to see how they'll translate that in Gunpla form).
OutLawSuit

I'm kind of liking the more simplistic design after the stuff we got in SEED, it's a nice change. The impression I get of Gundam 00 is that it can be equipped with different armor and weapons similar to Victory 2 Gundam; Nadleeh already set the precedent for it in 00. Particularly with the wrists and back, it looks like it can handle different equipment there.
Last edited by OutLawSuit on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
plau

Well, I was a big fan of SEED. It was because of SEED I started watching Gundam. Anyways... I'm not I partiularly like the two things on the shoulder, it's starting to look like a mecha from the Brave Saga.
Patrick Lau <ZGMF-X20A>
Knights of the Round
azrael

I'll be the first to say the cone blocks can rotate around the shoulders.
Omega

Looks kinda like there's a possible Core Fighter in there, judging from the way the Torso is made.

BTW, Aren't the GN Drives basiclly Solar Converters?
Last edited by Omega on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VentZX

Omega wrote:Looks kinad like there's a possible Core Fighter in there, judging from the way the Torso is made.
You know something Omega, I'd normally say, "No way that thing has a Core Fighter." But then again, the Plutone randomly had one, and we all know just how full of surprises the 00 Gundams are, so at this point, I say anything is possible.

But yeah, I was surprised when I saw this thing was real. I remember seeing the line art back when the first season ended and just passing it off as fan art. I have to say I really like the design, but the shoulder cones bother me a bit. Looking at it carefully they seem to be attached to the back and not the shoulders which suggests that they are movable. That alone makes me like it more. Also, there was some confusion about what those cones are exactly. I've seen people calling them GN Drives, but that is erroneous. For one, a Gundam wouldn't need more than one GN Drive to begin with, and second, as evidenced by the last episode of season 1, they don't have more than one drive to give it. IIRC, the O Gundam, Exia, and more recently the Astrea, were the only Gundams to have Cones on their backs, but obviously every Gundam had a GN Drive ( or more accurately, Solar Furnace, which we actually got to see when Tieria purged the Nadleeh's). This pretty much means that Cone =/= GN Drive. In that vane, I can only assume that what we see on the 00 Gundam are in fact vectorable GN Cone type thrusters.

Anyway, seeing in color really gives a better feel for the design. It really feels like an upgraded Exia. The design is rather minimalist for a titular mid series upgrade, but I can only assume that it has crazy weaponry that's yet to be revealed. Who knows, it might even have optional equipment ala V2, or more appropriately, the Avalanche Exia. Crap, now I really can't wait for season 2...
Omega

Well, here's a possibility:

What if those cones are either custom made Tau Drives, or Decoys to get the enemy to shoot at them... oh wait, the UN has beam weapons now.

Why else would they call it the OO Gundam? Two GN Drives would make sense.
RedBlitz

I like that design alot, it kinda hints that Setsuna is still alive. They basically took the Exia and improved far beyond it's normal capabilities. My guess is that it will have a few equipement packs like the Strike, or just a bunch of sword weapons like the original Exia. MAYBE BOTH!! :shock:

Maybe they did the samething with the recovered Nadleeh, Kyrios and Dynames (I dont remember if it got destroyed.... I think Lockon got out to make his final stand because it was offline)
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
VentZX

Omega wrote:Well, here's a possibility:

What if those cones are either custom made Tau Drives, or Decoys to get the enemy to shoot at them... oh wait, the UN has beam weapons now.
They're most definitely not Tau Drives. The 00 is going to be fitted with Exia's Drive.
RedBlitz wrote:Maybe they did the samething with the recovered Nadleeh, Kyrios and Dynames (I dont remember if it got destroyed.... I think Lockon got out to make his final stand because it was offline)
The remains of the Dynames were inside the container that Sumeragi, Feldt, and Ian were in. It's Solar Furnace was obviously still intact because it was providing power for the container.
Last edited by VentZX on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lsutehall

Did anyone else spot the V2-esque "beam-shield emitters" on the forearms?
What is YOUR Gundam-ness?
Rudy A Winchester

I kind of like the design being very similar to the Exia, to be honest. For the most part, I think that many mid-series upgrades become too complicated looking (Strike > Strike Freedom), or they don't look similar enough (Mark II > Zeta). Nice to see an upgrade Gundam that is both simplistic for the most part, and similar to its predecessor.

I would have to agree that we'll see V2-style/Strike-style packs to go along with the Gundam, to give it a little bit more. Though I hope for the most part it will be sortied in its base form, as I think it's very elegant. Wonder what the other Gundam units will look like; will they take off the other third generation designs? Or will they be more separated?

When we get a better scan, perhaps someone can translate the information on there.
T.V.

In some ways this upgrade reminds me of of the RX-78GP01Fb.
Especially the GN drives and vernier cones within the shoulderarmor, which are connected to the back via swingarms.
I'd say the Core Fighter idea is very real possibility.
Overall the 00 looks a bit buffed up compared to the Exia, considering the increased thickness of the limbs, giving off a more muscular look.\
The forearm design reminds me of Victory Gundam's forarms. So perhaps they also store additional beamsabres or knives.

I get the feeling 00 is a return to the Astrea in being a multi-role MS, instead of the close combat optimized Exia. In itself that wouldn't be surprising since Celestial Being will have fewer MSes and thus can't afford to have too specialized MSes.
Omega

That would mean that it is likely powered by Dynames' GN Drive.