Do you replay your games after beating them?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Do you replay games

Replay them
93%
Leave it on the shelf after I beat it
7%

Total votes: 42
Scyron

Do you replay your games after beating them?

Simple question, a lot of people I know in real life seem to just buy a game and complete it once then never touch it again. I was just wondering how common this is.

I usually replay most my games just because I tend to "rush" through them, I've been told. I feel that completing a game 100% is far more important than just completing it once through (soakthru).
HiZaku

Oh God, I am notorious for this. Here's how I play my games: I play throught the game once to prove I can do it, then replay it for a 100% prefect file (All items, weapons, all room explored, etc.). Currently working on seeing every ending in Chrono Trigger, how's that for replay value?
DEARKA: (Interrupts with a laugh) Calm down, Yzak.
YZAK: (Angry) That’s what you always **** say!
DEARKA: (Laughs) I guess I do always say that.
Cardi Doorl

I've got no vigilance - with a lot of games, I tend not to ever beat them even once... :oops:
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
ZeonfromHell

I dont buy a whole lot of video games. Rather, I have a select few that I really like and play them over and over again.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
midnightcitysky

depends on the game, I try to only buy stuff I know i will either A) spend a whole lot of time on in order to get everything the first time and them most likely replay it again once I forget about the story or B) A short game with a great fighting system that I know will be able to beat and replay over and over again.

any game I beat and feel no need to replay I just sell. only games that fit both descriptions are final fantasy 7 and wild arms 2. if I owned chrono trigger it would probably be up there too I've beaten it twice...great game, if only chrono cross had lived up to the legend....
My posts say something about me...I LIKE WRITING ESSAYS...
Wingnut

Well I first play a game to win and see the ending and all that good stuff. Then I go back and start over with the intent of getting a high score and/or the best possible outcome I can.
It also depends on weither or not the game has good replay value.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Scyron

HiZaku wrote:Oh God, I am notorious for this. Here's how I play my games: I play throught the game once to prove I can do it, then replay it for a 100% prefect file (All items, weapons, all room explored, etc.). Currently working on seeing every ending in Chrono Trigger, how's that for replay value?
Ohh wow, I don't think I could ever get every ending on Chrono Trigger, even with the guide from way back when it still looks like a daunting task. Best of luck.
ultimatenewtype

sure, why not? it's the best way to go back and find things that you missed or try to get a better performance. for example, i am replaying Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam to try to beat UC mode with as few sorties as possible.
Vega Vaikyuko

I play through every single game I have multiple times - the only time a game sits on the shelf is when it is 100% complete with everything done in the entire thing. Even then, I sometimes pop them back in. Federation VS Zeon, for example (even though I have Gundam VS Zeta Gundam not yet complete).
toysdream wrote:...any wave with a frequency between 1 and 300 GHz could fit this loose definition, whether it's a wave of light or sound or, I dunno, chocolate.
Chris
Administrator

I definitely replay a lot of my games. Sometimes I play them just for fun (i.e. Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World). Other times I replay them to pick up things I didn't notice the first time (Shenmue I/II).
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
G.Squirrel

I definatly fall into the "Replay" category. I wish I was able to install Freedom Fighters again. For it's flaws, it was an insanly addictive game.
Scyron

Vega Vaikyuko wrote:I play through every single game I have multiple times - the only time a game sits on the shelf is when it is 100% complete with everything done in the entire thing. Even then, I sometimes pop them back in. Federation VS Zeon, for example (even though I have Gundam VS Zeta Gundam not yet complete).
I forgot I totally missed one game I've never completed Gran Turismo series and Gundam Seed Never Ending Tomarrow.

I think the one franchise I've always come back for more is the Silent Hill franchise, albiet the GBA play novel since I can't read japanese yet :(
VR7

It depends on if it was worth playing or not. For example, Wing Commander IV, MGS, Ace Combat, etc.. I usually don't replay games that were not very fun to begin with, or got boring too quickly.
-noel
EZero8

As with alot of people, I only replay games that are fun to replay. I wont just go and start replaying every game on my shelf, but I usually replay the fun games, especially Gundam games and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Ez Barzam

I only buy games I plan to get my money's worth out of, so I replay them once or twice. If the game is exceptionally good, such as Resident Evil 4, I'll replay it. A lot.
Bezerker

Super Smash Bros, Diablo 2, Drakenguard and Final Fantasy X cuz i kept screwing up my characters...plus some of them side quests are insane
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
Anonymous

for games that have something notable to do after finishing the game, like the above mentioned chrono trigger, its sequal chrono cross, i might play through it a secound time if i missed something, or get to the top level and all that. for games more non linear like GTA ill play it afterwards every once in a while. but if theres not something notable to do after finishing the game it will most likely end up on the shelf, though the DBZ games my girlfriend enjoys playing agenst me
DragoZERO

You gotta replay them! Especially if you didn't unlock all of the secrets and/or there is a hard mode you did not play yet.
Fritz Ashlyn

I tend to play games that have branching paths, so if I want to get the whole story I have to replay at least once. I'm on my tenth play through of Super Robot Wars D for the GBA, and I'm not tired of it yet (plus, when you can critical for 10,000 damage with head vulcans, you don't quit).
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Anonymous

Unofficial Poll: How many times have YOU beaten Chrono Trigger.