The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 12

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Chris
Administrator

The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 12

New thread, same rules, etc. Please try to control yourselves and refrain from any stupidity about "ZOMG GRAHAM HE IS A CHAR!"
The Big Zabowski wrote:Recon 5 wrote:
Whoops. Guess I confused the two. Anyhoo...

So, what was Hal, anyway? If he was a portion of Al's psyche, what would the eye have to do with his existence? Was he some kind of program contained in the eye? Also, with the destruction of the eye having such an impact as eliminating Hal, what would it mean for the rest of Al's enhancements?

Portion of Al's psyche more or less. The eye I believe was something associated with the Super Solider program, Al probably being a washout along with all the other kids on the vented ship due to that psyche and his mental instability.

Al's enhancements were pretty much there in the end too, and his persona was more a combination of Hal/Al anyway IIRC. Could have been that Al kept the surge of GARness that got him to join up with Hal that last time.

I'll have to watch it again. It was 4:30AM and I hadn't slept since 6AM. Still haven't slept really. <_<

Drcnch wrote:
And about the GN particles that Saji sees at the end, were they more blue than the true solar furnace, or was it just against the back drop that made them look blue?

Green as usual. May have been the feed quality, because my screen showed green while watching it live on Keyhole.

Dwin wrote:
Yazi88 wrote:What happened to sumaragi and feldt?

That and is this out on veoh?
Sumeragi and Feldt were not shown in the 3-5 minute timeskip clip but they should be very much alive. They weren't seen outside of the first 3 minutes of the Ep anyway. At that point were VERY much alive.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Exia

I thought that i heard Feldts voice in the part at the end of episode 25. in the scene where they were talking about the Gundam 00 and about Exia.
One thing that makes me wonder is if Setsuna is still alive. On one side you might think he is dead because of his message to Marina but on the other hand he didn't seem to be fatally wounded.
Destroy... I'll just destroy you. I'll annihilate you! I'll exterminate you!
Dwin

Question: Who's in charge of Celestial Being after this event?

Is it Tieria, Wang and Nena, or Ribbons?
darkhunger

Exia wrote:I thought that i heard Feldts voice in the part at the end of episode 25. in the scene where they were talking about the Gundam 00 and about Exia.
That was Wang Liumei.
Dwin wrote:Question: Who's in charge of Celestial Being after this event?

"Tieria" is wearing a UN uniform.

Ribbons is leading the "INNOVATORS".

Wang is being called "ojou-sama" by everyone, including Nena and Ian, so she's probably a leader, or at least a figurehead.
UrbanSniper

Trying to watch this episode in the office was harder than I expected for a Saturday, but it was well worth the hour and half or so it took for me to finish it up. Very satisfying way to tie up the first season, I think, and that little time-skip segment was very interesting, to say the least; so many questions...so many months to wait, lol.
Marcis

I just finished 25, without translation. That WAS intense!
I mean like ... wow ... loss of words.
Vicious battles. And nice setup for 2nd season.
Love every moment of it.
Applying for job at Anaheim
Dwin

darkhunger wrote:
Exia wrote:I thought that i heard Feldts voice in the part at the end of episode 25. in the scene where they were talking about the Gundam 00 and about Exia.
That was Wang Liumei.
Dwin wrote:Question: Who's in charge of Celestial Being after this event?

"Tieria" is wearing a UN uniform.

Ribbons is leading the "INNOVATORS".

Wang is being called "ojou-sama" by everyone, including Nena and Ian, so she's probably a leader, or at least a figurehead.
Hmmmm. Interesting I guess Tieria thinks the world is at peace now. And now there might be two factions of Celestial Being (again).
Genocide

Wait a minute... PATRICK IS ALIVE?

Now I'm going to have nightmares of this series turning out like SEED.
TSfan20

One thing that I just love about this entire episode is that they go back to the first opening them for the time skip. I love how the song was daybreaks bell, and at the end it was being played while a new day of peace was being ushered in. I just thought that was fantastic(and showing Setsuna fly away guess?) Overall a great season can't wait till s2. Now lets hope that Lelouch gives us more!
Gundam 00...more twists than an M. Night Shyamalan movie!!!!!

Got Celestial Being?
Camille Vidan

yeah, I feel the same. I don't know, these new changes are a bit too much.
TSfan20

It wont be like seed. Nothing can go from so good to so bad that fast. I have a feeling that S2 will turn out just as crazy and awsome as this one. Have faith!

Got Celestial Being?
Recon 5

darkhunger wrote:"Tieria" is wearing a UN uniform.

I wonder how they're doing after their Golden Boy got offed in the end. Did Tieria take over? If so, how? He might just be infiltrating, though.
darkhunger wrote:Ribbons is leading the "INNOVATORS".
Anyone knows how this new faction started out?
darkhunger wrote:Wang is being called "ojou-sama" by everyone, including Nena and Ian, so she's probably a leader, or at least a figurehead.
In CB? Probably a leader. They don't seem to have much use for figureheads.
Camille Vidan wrote:
yeah, I feel the same. I don't know, these new changes are a bit too much.
How so?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
TSfan20

And to who ever wanted to know you can hear Sumeragi and Feldt talking(I think it sounds really close to them) when Marina is watching the ESF be formed and her aide is leaving her. Anyone else hear or confirm this?

and The Innovators appear to be all Ribbon/Livonze clones
Last edited by TSfan20 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Got Celestial Being?
Marcis

Jeez, just because we see Patrick alive does not mean it will turn SEED-like. It's not like he died, shielding something and then was miraculously resurrected.
Applying for job at Anaheim
Janx_Dolaris

Genocide wrote:Wait a minute... PATRICK IS ALIVE?

If you notice in episode 25, the cockpit is in the jutting waist armour of the GN-X, which was completely untouched by the explosion, unlike what people THOUGHT was the cockpit hatch before.

As soon as i saw that in 25 i knew he was alive.
Genocide

Marcis wrote:Jeez, just because we see Patrick alive does not mean it will turn SEED-like. It's not like he died, shielding something and then was miraculously resurrected.
It's not so much the 'miraculous ressurection' that makes me think this series will go down the same road as SEED, but the reluctance to kill off someone like Patrick. Graham's survival would probably fit the ressurection bill better, since we saw his cockpit go boom. Of course, he does have a mask on his face, so it's possible he's horribly scarred.
If you notice in episode 25, the cockpit is in the jutting waist armour of the GN-X, which was completely untouched by the explosion, unlike what people THOUGHT was the cockpit hatch before.
Perhaps, but that would have been a fitting death for him. There was nothing humorous about his survival that time around, and frankly, I just can't see any use in keeping him alive for the second season.

Regardless, I'm not saying 00 will turn out like SEED, but at this point anything is possible. We'll just have to wait a few months to find out.
World's End Mecha

Janx_Dolaris wrote:the cockpit is in the jutting waist armour of the GN-X, which was completely untouched by the explosion
Which is really, really silly. This sort of character shielding is a mistake. Either have Patrick retreat or kill him off, but not survive through a miraculous 1/1,000 fluke.
darkhunger

TSfan20 wrote:And to who ever wanted to know you can hear Sumeragi and Feldt talking(I think it sounds really close to them) when Marina is watching the ESF be formed and her aide is leaving her. Anyone else hear or confirm this?
No that was definitely Wang and someone else (most likely Nena because her VA was credited but she had no other lines in the episode).

BTW, I put "Tieria" in quotes because that might or might not be him. In the credit roll, Romi Paku (Loran Cehack and Edward Elric from FMA's VA) is credited for a role, and the only one who would fit that role this ep is the Tieria look-alike.
Last edited by darkhunger on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsarcana

First off, do not worry about 00 becoming another SEED. This episode was too awesome to allow the series to go bad and with a six month time gap to flesh everything out they shouldn't have any problems come October keeping the massive coolness coming. Now, impressions:

- I was right about who had a 'get to season 2 alive' pass, except that Sergei surprised me by not dying.

- Given the big time jump, I suspect the GN Flag won't show up again (it did seem sort of like a patchwork job). Graham's fulfilled his promise so now he can pilot something else if he likes. I just hope that mask vanishes because it looks damn silly. Oh, and because it has to be said: Graham, he is a CHAR. So much for 00 not doing the Masked Ace thing.

- Livonze/Ribbons, new antagonist? The odds look good now that Corner has gone to the gold-plated 10th circle of hell.

- So... Allelujah knows Soma under another name? One of many things we'll have to wait six months to find out more about.

- I sure hope they recovered Nadleeh's GN Drive.

- Tieria and... Louise? WTF?!

- Looks like the Trinity ship will show up in S2 and Nena will be working with whatever's left of the Ptolemy crew.

- Felt and Sumeragi have got to be alive. Ian was with them on the container and he shows up at the end. Setsuna's gotta be alive, if Graham survived what looked like a fatal blow, the main character has to have. Plus, 00 Gundam looks like a rebuilt Exia. That's not going to anyone but Exia's Meister.

Holy ****, this is going to be a long six months. This episode was awesome, the hints dropped at the direction the second season will take were awesome and in general, Mobile Suit Gundam 00 has been one whole run of awesome for 25 episodes. Well, at least we have the equally awesome Code Geass to occupy our time until October.
ShadowCell

Arsarcana wrote:Oh, and because it has to be said: Graham, he is a CHAR.
No. No it doesn't.

Enough about Graham's gimp mask and stupid Char jokes, everyone. They aren't funny.

This is going to be a long six months indeed.