What's Your Latest Movie?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Dark Duel

Just recently saw A History of Violence, which I rented mainly because of Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris.
I thought it was a great movie, really...Loved the ending.

Also saw 1408, which was a lot less scary and a lot more confusing than I was led to believe. But John Cusack was great. Samuel L. Jackson was good in his first scene(Thankfully the bulk of his screentime), then typically mediocre in the two or three appearances he had after that.

Finally managed to rent Transporter 2 and Mr. Brooks, which I have yet to watch - really looking forward to the latter.

I also rewatched the entire Jurassic Park trilogy last week.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
J-Lead

Eh, I saw Jumper with my girlfriend. She wanted to see it because Hayden Christiansen is in it (as if he's a reason to go see anything. :roll: ) Don't go see it. It's not bad, but not good enough to go see in theatres, more like something you'd order on demand...if your bored. Unfortunately, just when things actually start to build up and get interesting, the credits roll. It leaves waaay too many loose ends, and I still want to know what happens to Griffon, my favorite character. They just...leave him there. This film should be a perfect example how not to end a movie.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
DAG101

most recently seen: Robin Hood: Men in Tights/Coheed and Cambria: Live at the Starland Ballroom (Can't remember what order I saw them in)
Most recently bought: Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Coheed and Cambria: Live at the Starland Ballroom, and the Rocky Horror Picture Show :lol:
Blue 55

Just saw Jumper, it was ok. There will be blood was great a must see I say.
"Dear humanity we regret being alien bastards, we regret comming to earth, and me most certainly regret the corps just blowing up our raggedy azz fleet"
---
Lans

Re: What's Your Latest Movie?

Chris wrote:Latest movie seen: I am Legend. Pretty good movie, and better than I expected. Will Smith actually did a very good job playing the part of someone fighting a losing battle against isolation and despair. Didn't care too much for there being CG monsters though, as they looked pretty lame and un-human.
Same here, in fact the credit still rolling in my background. Awesome story and quite a thriller. As usual thumbs up for Will Smith. The scenery of deserted NY is also good and quite realistic although one can argue that the building seems to be pretty clean after all those years. I don't mind the CG zombie, but yeah it really bothers me how they can force entry a fortified building. IMO they can't be that strong but that doesn't effect the overall story and movie so I won't rant. 8)
Jack

I just finished watching L'Interieur. It's a French horror film about a pregnant woman being stalked on the night before she gives birth. This isn't a film with cheap scares that you watch with someone on a date. This is pure, straight-up graphic violence which will disturb you and leave you feeling horrified, nauseous, or some combination of the two. Stuff like Saw and Hostel is nothing compared to this. If you're a fan of the genre and want to be tested by a film which isn't afraid to push beyond your limits, definitely check it out.
Chris
Administrator

Continuing my obsession with film noir and Humphrey Bogart, I recently watched Key Largo, and oldie from 1948 with Edward G. Robinson and Lauren Bacall. Good movie, and an easy pick if you're a fan of Bogart.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Dark Duel

Finally saw Mr. Brooks, which is an AWESOME movie with Kevin Costner.
In the movie, Kevin Costner is the title character, and is essentially addicted to killing. He's been "clean" for two years, and when he finally gives in and decides to kill again, he's seen by a neighbor.
Meanwhile, his daughter's home from college, and Mr. Brooks's life gets really complicated because in addition to that, a cop(Demi Moore) is getting pretty close to catching him.

SEE IT. IT'S GREAT.

Then yesterday I saw Premonition, with Sandra Bullock. Great movie too - Sandra Bullock has a premonition that her husband dies in a horrific car crash, and does everything she can to prevent it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
MrMarch

Sadly haven't seen as many old films as I'd like. But I love Casablanca and Bogart was amazing in it.
His Divine Shadow

Vantage Point was pretty good. The replaying of the same scene gets a bit tiresome, but the plot is solid.
"If you ask me," said the little man to Shadow, "you're something of a monster. Am I right?"
"I'm American," said Shadow, "if that's what you mean." - Neil Gaiman
Dave

His Divine Shadow wrote:Vantage Point was pretty good. The replaying of the same scene gets a bit tiresome, but the plot is solid.
Just saw that with my dad. Would have liked to seen the second part drawn out a little more. :-/
あなたの父親と母親elderberriesハムスターのにおいがした.
goufx

mine was national treasure 2. it was suprisingly better than the first. and the first was really good in my opinion. so, i would recomend it to anybody who has not seen it.
Jak Crow

Saw Cloverfield in the theater this week. Wow! Awesome movie. Very intense. I felt like I had been almost holding my breath when it was over.
Jack

I caught Diary of the Dead last night. It was alright, but it could have been paced a bit better. I realise it was probably meant to be like that, as it was presented as a student-produced film, but there wasn't a constant threat like there is in Romero's other zombie flicks. Definitely see it, because it's great fun, but if you ask me, the zombie/handheld thing was done better in [REC].
Darth Optimus

J-Lead wrote:Eh, I saw Jumper with my girlfriend. She wanted to see it because Hayden Christiansen is in it (as if he's a reason to go see anything. :roll: ) Don't go see it. It's not bad, but not good enough to go see in theatres, more like something you'd order on demand...if your bored. Unfortunately, just when things actually start to build up and get interesting, the credits roll. It leaves waaay too many loose ends, and I still want to know what happens to Griffon, my favorite character. They just...leave him there. This film should be a perfect example how not to end a movie.

Sequel maybe?
^^^^^More Incoherent Ramblings^^^^^

"The truth is...I am Iron Man"
Recon 5

You're on the spot, my friend. It seems to be a common practice with moviemakers nowadays. We're likely to have yet another trilogy on our hands.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Wingnut

What is it with them and trilogies anyway? If they can tell a story in two movies, then tell it in two movies. Franchise titles aside, there is no good reason to over extend a story over another film.
I guess this is another thing to blame George for eh?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Recon 5

George can only partially be blamed for the 'trilogy' part as companies could easily make 'sagas' of four or more movies. In fact, unless you choose to ignore a certain three films, Star Wars actually spans six main titles, so George himself wasn't exactly obsessed with the number 3, just that he chose to release his saga in 2 sections of 3.

Could there be some kind of commonly inserted clause in acting contracts that mentions trilogies? Being unable to retain actors for movie 4 and onward would forcibly limit a franchise to three movies regardless of the makers' intentions.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Darth Optimus

Bourne Ultimatum = unbeliveable.
^^^^^More Incoherent Ramblings^^^^^

"The truth is...I am Iron Man"
His Divine Shadow

The Bank Job is worth the money.
"If you ask me," said the little man to Shadow, "you're something of a monster. Am I right?"
"I'm American," said Shadow, "if that's what you mean." - Neil Gaiman