The Official Gundamn! Saji Crossroad Crew Fan Club

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Destiny_Gundam

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:That or it's the Thread to Provide Neo and Chris with Endless Jokes at Soul Bro's Expense!!! :twisted:
I'm pretty sure that's why this thread was made in the first place :lol:
Destiny, don't you feel a bit nervous about advertising your Nena fanhood in a Saji thread?
Not at all. On the contrary, I imagine most people here would be grateful to her for getting Louise out of the way.

If anything, I should be ashamed for also being a Louise fan.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Oh what's wrong with Louise, she's funny! She's the kind of girl you'd like to hang out with but not have as your girlfriend. Some other poor sod's yes, but not YOURS.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
ShadowCell

There are lots and lots of people in reality who are like Louise, and what's cute and funny in a cartoon isn't so cute and funny in reality.

I'd ask what Saji sees in her, but hey, he's Saji, and if I were him I wouldn't be pushing my luck anyway.
Arbiter GUNDAM

At least she has fairly good taste. She could be hanging out with a jock or a rich boy instead of the Pizza King. :)

--Freyja Wion
goufx

you got a point recon. but every gundam series' i have seen where that somebody important dies, the best friend, relative, etc., the person goes to get revenge. i.e. athrun zala, kira yamato at one point, shinn, and the kid that pilots the GX and the Double X (sry, forgot his name). so, i have come to infer that the same will happen. who knows though, 00 is different compared to most of the saga. so, maybe they will change. who knows, lets just wait for the episodes to come. k?

shadow, you have got a point, i know people like louise, and you know what? I WANT THEM TO F-ING DIE ALREADY!!!! GOD!! I WANT THEM ALL TO JUST FALL DOWN AND DIE!!!! :lol: jk. but really, they are freakin' annoyin'.
Last edited by goufx on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowCell

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:At least she has fairly good taste. She could be hanging out with a jock or a rich boy instead of the Pizza King. :)
I bet you could get free pizza from the rich boy.

=P
Last edited by ShadowCell on Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
goufx

?? what do you mean? i am definatly not rich man. and i really do not have that many friends. just the other cadets in Civil Air Patrol.
ShadowCell

...I'm not talking to you.
goufx

lolz, sry.
Recon 5

I'm tempted to say something about netspeak in MAHQ...

Hey, I'm turning into a rules lawyer out of boredom. How disturbing is that? :shock:

Anyway, you might want to edit that post before you get a warning.

About Louise and Saji, they're civilians, pure and simple. In any war show, especially in the more recent Gundam series, civilians drop like flies. The only difference is that in 00 they actually get some character development.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Destiny_Gundam

The reason why Louise's actions may be seen as annoying is because Saji lets her get away with it.

Yeah, there are girls like that in real life (I had the 'pleasure' of living with one for 9 months. Though Louise is far more pleasent by comparison) and all it took was one "F*** off!" from me to get her to smarten up. If Saji stood up to her once in awhile, he could have kept her in better check.
Indicible

Saji is almost certain to have to deal with Celestial Being: they wouldn't have established Setsuna as his neighbour if it was for nothing.
Just imagine: Setsuna and Saji on a roll, trying to uncover the sinister truth behind Aeiolia Schenberg.
I don't quite see how, but I did not see Kaname Chidori interacting with Mithril either (but I prefer Chidori over Saji anytime.).
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame.
Destiny_Gundam

I see no reason for that. Setsuna has shown NO dissatisfaction for Celestial Being. He didn't like the Thrones because he felt they went against all that CB stood for. And now that you have Corner taking over Celestial Being, Setsuna would want to free it from his hands. Setsuna has always been loyal to Aeolia's Celestial Being.
NastyNate

It might be possible that setsuna and saji would team up and get to the bottum of cb. Because in ep 21 setsuna had many dreams about stop fighting and he said that he is tierd of fighting. So he might take a more non violent way with saji.

Though this would not sell gundam models so....mabey not
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Destiny_Gundam

NastyNate wrote:Because in ep 21 setsuna had many dreams about stop fighting and he said that he is tierd of fighting.
He didn't say he was tired of fighting. Yeah, part of him wants to stop fighting, however as he says later in the ep, he still wants to continue fighting because 'he's still alive'. To Setsuna, fighting is his life, so stopping means death.

Him and Saji won't be teaming up any time soon.
Heretic

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
NastyNate wrote:Because in ep 21 setsuna had many dreams about stop fighting and he said that he is tierd of fighting.
He didn't say he was tired of fighting. Yeah, part of him wants to stop fighting, however as he says later in the ep, he still wants to continue fighting because 'he's still alive'. To Setsuna, fighting is his life, so stopping means death.
I suspect that his reasons to keep fighting are more than “Fighting is life” at this point. They used to be, when he had no other choice. I think he realized that he now has the choice, and thus chose to fight for what he believes in. Something to replace the “God” that he once followed unquestioningly.

But back to Saji and the possibility of a team up. It may not happen until perhaps near the end of the series but I believe it will happen. I like to pick apart the writing methods of some of the most talented Sci-Fi and Fantasy writers, from what I’ve discovered, the foreshadowing one by the best can be easily spotted. But still, even seeing a twist coming, the execution of that twist can be just as awesome to follow.

From what I have seen, there is some serous talent behind the writing and direction of Gundam 00. As such, the fact that Saji and Setsuna have already met and interacted in passing, suggests that there must be a reason for it. I suspect that CB will cease to exist as it was meant to be, usurped by Corner and what I believe to be the “New World Order” he is trying to create. The Misters-- I’m not prepared to pronounce Lockon KAI, how many times have characters survived worse in anime?-- will be one there own, disconnected and on the run. Wandering the world and perhaps questioning CB and the world around them, eventually arriving at their own answers and reuniting for a counter offensive.

Setsuna believes in the ideals of CB, thus I think he will come to the conclusion that CB as it will become does not follow those ideals and turn against it.

Saji will continue his sisters quest in the tradition of his family, a quest that will lead him closer and closer to the truth of what is happening. Although each character will follow their own individual path, I predict that, as the story approaches its final climax, they will all be drawn closer together as each of them seeks their goal.

Saji and Setsuna are central to this I think. As each of them continues there fight in their own way, the full truth will be revealed to us, and eventually each other when their paths finally converge.

I think there’s something almost poetic about it. Saji, the seeker of truth, through which the truth is revealed to us. Setsuna, the warrior and defender of an ideal born from that truth. The powers that govern awesome writing demand that they come together.

Just my thoughts.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Recon 5

I don't know why I'm the only one bothered by this, but I feel that grand resolutions are becoming somewhat cliche, especially in mecha anime. Regardless of how neatly all the plot threads are tied in the end, the fact is that tying them all (or trying to, at least) is something that has been done over and over again. In fact, before the rise of post- modernism (and Evangelion), the only time things weren't tied was when a certain work got discontinued for whatever reason.

People have got to make more shows with fully open- ended conclusions or which end with a lot of unanswered questions. Its the only horse out there that hasn't been beaten beyond death. Sure, most might say that it leaves one feeling 'empty', or that there's 'something missing', but when an ambiguous end is well- written its refreshing to say the least.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Destiny_Gundam

Recon 5 wrote:People have got to make more shows with fully open- ended conclusions or which end with a lot of unanswered questions. Its the only horse out there that hasn't been beaten beyond death.
Only those kinds of animes piss people off. Though open ended endings are an anime trademark.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Is it just me, or is this starting to sound like the 00 anime thread rather than the Crossroad Crew?

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

Recon 5 wrote:People have got to make more shows with fully open- ended conclusions or which end with a lot of unanswered questions. Its the only horse out there that hasn't been beaten beyond death. Sure, most might say that it leaves one feeling 'empty', or that there's 'something missing', but when an ambiguous end is well- written its refreshing to say the least.
You have got to be in the extreme minority on this, because most people hate that kind of anime. Personally, I don't like to have everything tied up neatly in a bow for me at the end, but I can't stand a show that ends with "a lot of unanswered questions." Many anime end abruptly anyway with a lack of resolution in many aspects, so why would you want MORE of it?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his