The Official Gundamn! Saji Crossroad Crew Fan Club

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
thehod wrote: Certainly something could happen to Saji himself, but if he died, well, he'd have no more problems now would he?
I'd have no problem with that either.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Strike Zero

Quite frankly, I wouldn't really feel anything if Saji died either, because right now, he hasn't accomplished anything relating to the plot surrounding Celestial being in any way whatsoever.

That's why I believe it's safe to say he isn't going to die. No director in their right mind would be that dumb.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

Well, the point of Saji could be for the audience to get to know him and hopeful like him, so when he's killed off despite being totally unrelated to the conflict, the "War sucks and ruins people's lives" will hit harder. It'd be more effective than showing some nameless extra being hit in the head by shell casings (God I love F91).
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Strike Zero

So that's it then. You'd have him die by being hit in the head by a shell casing.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Arbiter GUNDAM

hawk of endymion wrote:
thehod wrote: Certainly something could happen to Saji himself, but if he died, well, he'd have no more problems now would he?
I'd have no problem with that either.
Sorry Neo but I think Saji was given a coat of mithril plot armor when they gave the cast thier costumes at the start of the show. 8)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Destiny_Gundam

Strike Zero wrote:So that's it then. You'd have him die by being hit in the head by a shell casing.
Now that's good television :wink:

Or, he could be wandering around a city where Gundams are fighting, picking up a dropped machine gun and in a rage fire on one of the Gundams. Now that's something within his power to do.
Kavik Ryx

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Well, the point of Saji could be for the audience to get to know him and hopeful like him, so when he's killed off despite being totally unrelated to the conflict, the "War sucks and ruins people's lives" will hit harder. It'd be more effective than showing some nameless extra being hit in the head by shell casings (God I love F91).
Sweet, it's nice to know that someone else love that movie. It may have been short and little weak, but it really deglorified war so well.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Well crap, now the Kult of Kross... I mean the Crossroad Crew has to organize a moment of silence for Kinue. Dammit all, I wanted her to live! :evil:

This show is reminding me more and more of Zeta, where Lila, Kacricon and Mouar are all dead by halfway through the show!

--Freyja Wion
speedstriker

Wait... If the Gundamn! section is being closed down, what will happen to this fan club??!! Don't tell me its going too! :shock:
Chris
Administrator

speedstriker wrote:Wait... If the Gundamn! section is being closed down, what will happen to this fan club??!! Don't tell me its going too! :shock:
Chill out man, you're totally misreading everything. I deleted the Gundamn! page because it's redundant now that there's a blog. Nothing has changed at all.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Soul Bro Ryu

Raise your lighters, gang.

Held a vigil for my girl, Kinue, this weekend. Had a drink or two in her memory as well. At this point, I don't care if the story reveals that Ail used to be the coolest cat in all of Gundam before he turned douche enough to make children shoot their mothers and kill defenseless women.

This b@$t@rd has to go.

No pun intended, but it looks like my man, Saji, is at a crossroad himself. Will he take the "Woodward & Bernstein" route and get his hands dirty with the conspiracy that mutilated his girlfriend, killed his sister, and (possibly) robbed him of his family? Or does he go back to beating the clock at Pizza Shack? At this point, there's a good chance Dante is gonna have to get his Olive-free pie delivered by some other sap.

His disposition in episode 21 is a glimpse of the man he might become and it will be interesting to see if he has what it takes to pick up the torch that not only Kinue had unfortunately left him but one that her own agency is unwilling to rekindle. He doesn't seem to be losing his $h!t, which is definitely a good thing, but will he pushed over edge of sanity if any more tragedy comes his way (like finding out that Celestial Being were directly responsible for the loss of his parents)? Or will he grow and adapt into the most electrifying dude of 00?

If there's one thing that 00 has proven to me is it's unpredictability, so it's extremely hard to tell what events will shape and guide Saji-kun next, but he's being thrown headlong into some "Dr. Tenma-esque" character development, and so far, his persona and reactions to the happenings in his life are reminding more so of "Monster's" protagonist with every passing episode.

Keep your head on a swivel, "Big Pimpin'". The troubles are only warming up.

Edit:
BTW, there's a "Crossroad Crew" group on MySpace for those on there, created by dopeness himself, "Setsuna F. Darkness". Join up and spread the word about the Man, the Myth & the Legend. ^_^

MySpace Groups
The Crossroad Crew: http://groups.myspace.com/crossroadcrew
The Unofficial Celestial Being: http://www.myspace.com/unofficialcelestialbeing
Last edited by Soul Bro Ryu on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
NastyNate

this plot definitly is thickening. I think it would be awsome if his dad actually never died and that he was a gundam meister, and then saji takes up his dads path. There has to be some kind of reason for all the focus on this guy, considering there is only 30 minutes per episode
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Destiny_Gundam

I still think Ali is pretty awesome. He's the guy that's just pure evil, but he looks so cool doing it. He's right up there with Full Metal Panic's Gauron.

Saji's dad was framed by some one he was investigating and got sent to jail where I assume he died. If it was CB he was investigating, he would have been killed rather than imprisoned.

Also, Saji brings to mind a different Tenma. As for what Saji will do next, he'll probably just mope around for the rest of the season. Maybe he'll be shown with a more determined look in ep 25 though. Its season 2 when we'll see that he's become a more determined delivery boy! He'll get Dante to pay his tab some day! Work hard young pizza boy! Perhaps by chance you'll meet some one that'll let you pilot a robot despite being under qualified!

Boy is this thread fun.
valkyrie013

Saji's sis is toast.. officially.. he's getting up there with setsuna in the losses department.. unfortunatly.. no one in real life should have to undergo this stuff.. in a perfect world...

i think he'll start digging lik his sis.. and find out that launga is toast too... back to square one..

gotta love the way this is unfolding.. whoever is writing this is gold in my book.. thrills and chills every episode! so unpredictable.. i love that in a show! :twisted:
where ever you go there you are..
Soul Bro Ryu

I feel the same way, man. BTW, Destiny, you crack me up every time you post.

I had no idea if this is 100% true, but if it is I must have NewTyped-it. The Seiyuu for Saji Crossroad, Miyu Irino actually dubbed the voice of Sir Lancelot (played by "Fantastic Four's" Ioan Gruffudd) in "King Arthur", as detailed in the "Dubbing Roles" on his Wikipedia Page.

Talk about connections. ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:I feel the same way, man. BTW, Destiny, you crack me up every time you post.

I had no idea if this is 100% true, but if it is I must have NewTyped-it. The Seiyuu for Saji Crossroad, Miyu Irino actually dubbed the voice of Sir Lancelot (played by "Fantastic Four's" Ioan Gruffudd) in "King Arthur", as detailed in the "Dubbing Roles" on his Wikipedia Page.

Talk about connections. ^_^
OMG!

What is this six degrees of Saji Crossroad?
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Arbiter GUNDAM

hawk of endymion wrote:
OMG!

What is this six degrees of Saji Crossroad?
That or it's the Thread to Provide Neo and Chris with Endless Jokes at Soul Bro's Expense!!! :twisted:

(just kidding) :oops:

--Freyja Wion
goufx

why do i have a feeling saji is going to get some sort of moble suit and go trying to kick the Meisters' asses?? why did his (SPOILER!!) have to die?
Recon 5

That must be the most common expectation that people have for tragic Gundam heroes. Its also totally unreasonable, but I suppose we've been conditioned to accept it every time it happens. What hath anime wrought?

Why can't people accept that it would be better for our man to just go through this the way real people do and get over it?

I'll be happy with whatever happens, though, if only because I'm expecting the writing to be excellent.

EDIT: Destiny, don't you feel a bit nervous about advertising your Nena fanhood in a Saji thread?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Teki

Lol, I love soulbro's references. Unless we get a "deep-Throat" character to help guessing Saji won't get anywhere. I think he will take path of true journalist and fight the war with the truth and not bullets.