A few questions about Zeon (and related) MS

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
deadtech

A few questions about Zeon (and related) MS

So I was watching Char's Counterattack again last night, and I got to wondering 3 things:

1. Are there any MS with folding (solid) shields besides Geara Doga and Marasai?

2. Which MS besides Sazabi have the cockpit located in the head rather than the chest?

3. (This is probably a dumb question, I realize) Are there any Zeon or related (Neo-Zeon etc) MS that do NOT have a monoeye main camera setup?

Any help or discussion would be appreciated.
Hyakushiki

Both Psyco Gundams had cockpits in the head.

The Quebeley had two eyes there could be more I just can't think of any.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Blade of the Red Comet

1. The Zaku III and R-Jarja seem to carry on the folding shield equipment, but the R-Jarja's is called a "flexible shield" so not sure if its the same thing.

2. The only other Zeon style suits to have the cockpit in the head that I know of off hand is the Zeong, Rick Dias, Schuzrum Dias and Quin Mantha.

3. I don't think that's a dumb question...kinda cool trivia, really. Especially since the only one I can think of is the Qubeley.
Dark Duel

2. Whoo, there's a list. The earliest one I can think of is the MSN-02 Zeong. Then there's the MSA-099(RMS-099) Rick Dias, the RMS-099B Sturm(Schuzrum) Dias, and the MSK-008 Dijeh. Then of course there's the MRX-009 Psyco Gundam, MRX-009 Psyco Gundam MkII, and the NZ-000 Quin Mantha. Can't think of any others.

3. The AMX-004 Qubeley and the AMX-004-2/3 Qubeley MkII had two eyes. That's the only one that readily comes to mind, but I'm sure there're more.

EDIT: *** it...Ninja'd again...
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ScornMandark

1. ZZ Gundam, it's upgradeEnhanced ZZ, and all the associated MSVs of it. Other than that, I can't think of any.

2. For starters, there's the Zeong, Psycho Gundam, Psycho Gundam Mk II, Quin Mantha, a Azieru, and that's all I can think of for UC mecha. In MSV, there are variants of most of these.

3. I can't think of any Zeon/Zeon affiliate/Titan/"bad guy" mecha that doesn't have a mono-eye (save those that are about to get stolen by the "good guys").

EDIT: Shows me to walk away from a reply at work before I click submit =p
Blade of the Red Comet

Dark Duel wrote:EDIT: *** it...Ninja'd again...
LOL, sorry Dark, you got me on the Dijeh though, can't believe I missed that one :?
ScornMandark

Man, left off the Quebeleys, Diases, and the Dijeh? Must be slowing down in my old age... oy.
J-Lead

Re: A few questions about Zeon (and related) MS

deadtech wrote:So I was watching Char's Counterattack again last night, and I got to wondering 3 things:
So was I, coincidentally. :P
deadtech wrote:3. (This is probably a dumb question, I realize) Are there any Zeon or related (Neo-Zeon etc) MS that do NOT have a monoeye main camera setup?
Well, the Gaza series definitely doesn't feature the "traditional" monoeye that most people think of when they discuss Zeonic technology, so I dunno if that counts for ya. The Geymalk also features an unorthodox setup for a Zeon-related MS.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Recon 5

1. Since someone mentioned the ZZ, I suppose MS outside of CCA count as well. So, why has everyone forgotten poor GP03 Stamen?

3. Psyco Gundam Mk II (again, outside CCA). Its a Gundam, people...
auriga

1. It's not just the Stamen. You also have the GP01 and the Mk II.
Goatee Gundam

The Gaza-C and Guntanks also had their cockpits their head. Don't the Gaplant and Asshimar have cockpit hatches in their heads, while the actual cockpit is in the torso? About the shields, I think he means folding in half, rather than the way the MK-II shield does. Also, I think that the Quin Mantha actually has gundam style eyes, rather than a mono-eye.
DeltasTaii

If we're going into technicalities of non-mono-eye MS, I put forth MS-06E-3 Zaku Flipper, the recon type with the giant sensor attachment hanging off its face.
toysdream

The Zeong's main cockpit is actually in its chest - this is where Char boards it before launching into battle. The head is basically a glorified escape capsule, and it's never been clearly explained how Char transferred from one cockpit to the other in the middle of the battle.

-- Mark
Ascension

Question: Would you count multi-monoeyes as non-monoeye setups? Other than the aforementioned Flipper and Qubeley I can't think of any particular Zeonic examples off the top of my head, but at least the Hamrabi had monoeyes in multiple locations. I think some others did too.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
His Divine Shadow

Just because people tend to forget about it, and it does technically count: Gerbera Tetra had two mono-eyes.
"If you ask me," said the little man to Shadow, "you're something of a monster. Am I right?"
"I'm American," said Shadow, "if that's what you mean." - Neil Gaiman
Wingnut

His Divine Shadow wrote:Just because people tend to forget about it, and it does technically count: Gerbera Tetra had two mono-eyes.
Oh? Where's the second one?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
deadtech

yeah, to clarify...

So to reply to some of the discussion (thanks, guys!), I mean any MS, not just CCA-era suits. And I was interested in any non-monoeye setups, although suits like the Gaza-C (love Kobayashi's designs!) don't have the traditional 'glowing red' main camera, they still count as a monoeye, IMO. But then there are the weird ones like the Hambrabi one of you mentioned. I can't believe I forgot the Qubeley. I may be the only one, but I love the clunky old Zaku Flipper. It may have something to do with the main camera too. I hadn't thought of it as a non-monoeye, but I guess a bundle of 3 cams isn't one camera. That is actually one of the things I like about it, the resemblance to my beloved Scopedog. Only without the rotatable lens setup, a la old time (real world) film cameras.

Having still not watched ZZ, I am not as familiar with the suits that first appear in that show. As for the folding shields, I mean ones that (appear?) to fold fully flat for stowage (I guess), like Geara Doga and Marasai. So I'm not sure ZZ Gundam shields are set up like that. Also, I guess in the case of Geara Doga, it would only be foldable if the shield-mounted Sturmfausts were not fitted (or already discarded).

As for head-based cockpits, I figured some of the larger MS and of course most Mobile Armors would probably have them there. Thanks for the info. I *thought* I remembered Char entering through a Zaku-style chest hatch to get aboard the Zeong. Funny that the Zeong and Sazabi both had 'escape pods' of one sort or another.
J-Lead

Re: yeah, to clarify...

deadtech wrote:Funny that the Zeong and Sazabi both had 'escape pods' of one sort or another.
Well, Char does have a reputation to uphold. He lives through shit. :P

Afterthought: Was that too soon? :lol:
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
ScornMandark

Re: yeah, to clarify...

deadtech wrote:Having still not watched ZZ, I am not as familiar with the suits that first appear in that show. As for the folding shields, I mean ones that (appear?) to fold fully flat for stowage (I guess), like Geara Doga and Marasai. So I'm not sure ZZ Gundam shields are set up like that. Also, I guess in the case of Geara Doga, it would only be foldable if the shield-mounted Sturmfausts were not fitted (or already discarded).
Well, the ZZ shields go from this to this with a little of this. I think they probably fit your bill.
Zeonic Glory

The links say Forbidden.
edit: Nevermind, copy and past links in address bar.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.