What's Your Current Anime?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
quasadra

the problem now is that i just have to locate the rest of the series. which could be very difficult. i got Crest Of The Stars with a stroke of pure luck, its the very last copy at the very end of the storage covered in dust(the cd still looks nice though). according to the guy, he has it for years and nobody seem to bother to pick this up, and i just found out about this series when i scroll around the net aimlessly.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Arbiter GUNDAM

I'm about halfway through Zeta Gundam and I love it! One question: Is that AEUG Slapping Boy stuff a Japanese thing?

Also re-watching Rurouni Kenshin.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Well, I changed my mind about Brain Powerd, and I decided to watch Code Geass after Turn A instead. Dunno why just got an urge to watch it.

I'm also watching Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, both on YTV and 4kids.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
J-Lead

I'm currently watching Armored Trooper VOTOMS for the first time thanks to my new On Demand subscription (literally as I type this.) If it's as good as Chris says it is, then I'm in for one hell of an epic series. :D
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
RedShirt0909

Reddo is currently enjoying the hotbloodedness that is Gurren Lagann. It finally makes sense of hotbloodedness, since the mechs run on that.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Asides from following some stuff on AS,

I was trying to watch Ergo Proxy and Tenjho Tenge on FUSE, but they have apparently cancelled their anime block. And right after announcing a new show? Kind of weird.

Tactics on Scifi: God, why do I do this to myself? I have never been so bored in my life. The 'action' is weak as hell and the character interations feel so superficial. It's alsp pretty borderline yaoi. Is all bishonen anime like this? I should just stop watching this.

Ikki Tousen: fan service and excessive blood/violence really isn't my cup of tea, so it's a little strange that I saw this one through. For a fighting show, the combat is rather mediocre. I think it was because the character designs interested me. Kanu is such a badass, haha. I've always been a huge Guan Yu fan. This show is okay if you can overlook some slightly offensive material. How did this air on TV in japan?? It can be pretty funny, and some of the characters are great. "BASICS!!" Try out the show if you're bored (or like fan service?).

Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny- This is the second season, and it is much much better. The show is much more character and story driven. Fights are also all very impressive now. I was pleasantly surprised to find I enjoyed this season so much. The fan service seems to have lightened up somewhat, or maybe I've just gotten used to it all and stopped noticing. A bigger plus is that Kanu is the main character for this season. She's even cooler this time around. Watch this one.

They also announced a third season for the show. That might be worth checking out.

I'm trying to avoid starting on another anime. I need to concentrate. Maybe Turn A or V Gundam after I get into things again.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
quasadra

after finished DMC 4 for the first time, its time for more anime. first thing i go for is Shagukan No Shana 2. i am still at ep 7, but there are less fight more romance. i hope it picked up the pace later. then there is Dragonaut: The Resonance, its like watching Eureka 7 and Digimon in the same show only less interesting.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Antares

I had two short series here, Baccano! and Shigurui. I found Baccano! very funny, even if the very non-linear narration of the series bounces you between several timelines at the same time (I grasped the plot around episode 8 out of 13), but you can live with it. Has funny, somehwta sympathetic characters, but also mucho mucho blood.

Shigurui in turn is a samurai-anime, running 12 episodes, and also narrated in an odd fashion, since the first episode is the last and completely non-conclusive at that. But if the flow of iaido and very, very violent swordplay (they actually show blood and guts in this one) is for you, you might want to check it out. It wasn't outstanding, but it reminded me of a few Japanese slasher-type movies I've seen, and I wasn't exactly bored at any stage.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
NastyNate

I first saw the gundam seed astray video clips on youtube. does any one know if this manga will become a tv series. If not how many manga volumes are there.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
mcred23

Astray is definitely not going to become a TV series anytime soon, or ever. Gundam mangas have never been animated, period. The original Astray manga has three volumes, and there are various other Astray mangas out there.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Darkerangel

Starting my Gundam DVD collection and I've so currently need to watch 8 more, but right now I'm just watching Victory Gundam.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

mcred23 wrote:Astray is definitely not going to become a TV series anytime soon, or ever. Gundam mangas have never been animated, period. The original Astray manga has three volumes, and there are various other Astray mangas out there.
Closest thing we'll get, are those five minute promos sadly.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Lans

I'm re-watching Battle Fairy Yukikaze again, and after that I'm planning to watch Macross Zero again that now I have the DVD. I only hope that the DVD subtitle will work consistency with what we used to know, although it's maybe too much to ask for them to provide translation as perfect as fansubs.

I had enough so called - official release/ claimed as original DVD that subtitles vary from near right to absolutely garbage. For example Radar gun for Beam weaponry (MS GUNDAM), and stinger fish for STINGER missile (GITS SAC 2nd gig).
Darkerangel

lans* wrote:I had enough so called - official release/ claimed as original DVD that subtitles vary from near right to absolutely garbage. For example Radar gun for Beam weaponry (MS GUNDAM), and stinger fish for STINGER missile (GITS SAC 2nd gig).
omg Lans I had the same weird concerns with my Turn A Gundam DVD. like there was a scene of this guy seeing a cow I guess for the first time and he said, "Wow look at those breasts." and then I youtubed it and the same scene was up, but the guy was like "So many udder." So I dunno, it was just weird lol.
Lans

Darkerangel wrote:omg Lans I had the same weird concerns with my Turn A Gundam DVD. like there was a scene of this guy seeing a cow I guess for the first time and he said, "Wow look at those breasts." and then I youtubed it and the same scene was up, but the guy was like "So many udder." So I dunno, it was just weird lol.
Lol, you should see the variation of Gundam Wing tv series. I once saw Heero in the subtitle said, "I'll save Relena" (local tv sub). But in reality what he said was, "I'm gonna kill her" (confirmed by my friend who speak Japanese and also fansub).
quasadra wrote:the problem now is that i just have to locate the rest of the series. which could be very difficult. i got Crest Of The Stars with a stroke of pure luck, its the very last copy at the very end of the storage covered in dust(the cd still looks nice though). according to the guy, he has it for years and nobody seem to bother to pick this up, and i just found out about this series when i scroll around the net aimlessly.
I also found Gundam manga, Ecole du ciel at local bookshop at discount price. I get 4 for a price of one. It's quite a good luck but actually I'm pretty disappointed, it seems that that kind of merchandise is actually low on sales. I'm afraid that in the near future, they would never purchase and sell another Gundam manga again.
Kavik Ryx

Just finished Infinite Ryvius, and I'm not sure where to start. To sum it all up, someone once said that it was psychologically deeper than Evangelion, and I would have to say that it was that and then some.
Lans

I got Hellsing Ultimate OVA 4 and planning to watch it instead of Macross Zero which I stated early on above post. I plan to rewatch Hellsing OVA 3 tomorrow before watching the 4.
Commissar Bright Noa

Just watched Gurren Lagann. It is the epitome of awesome.
His Divine Shadow

Kavik Ryx wrote:Just finished Infinite Ryvius, and I'm not sure where to start. To sum it all up, someone once said that it was psychologically deeper than Evangelion, and I would have to say that it was that and then some.
I agree. I've watched Ryvius through four times now and still don't think I've grasped the entirety of it. I also get the impression there are pieces missing they simply didn't have budget for, which just adds to the confusion.
"If you ask me," said the little man to Shadow, "you're something of a monster. Am I right?"
"I'm American," said Shadow, "if that's what you mean." - Neil Gaiman
Kavik Ryx

I've taken up Mazinger Z as a guilty pleasure. Execution wise it is so bad, yet very addicting.