No votes
no
100%
It'd be better if... (post below)
No votes

Total votes: 1
Chang_Blu

Mobile suit Gundam - Unknown, A Fancomic in the works

I know this is a mech forum so the question is kinda bias but. I'd like some feed back on a fan comic I plan to do, I've made a few panels (they are pretty rough, but I'd like some input on them. (if the project gets off the ground I'll be refining these)

The title is "Mobile suit Gundam - Unknown"

Anyways about the fan comic. It's about the development of an MS that never existed in any actual gundam ^_^. Its a made up one that however does use the GM as its basis. The RGM-83[A], a proposed replacement for the RGM II, nicknamed Sturm Jim/GM(in honor of the german tank hunters of WWII).
The story is about its development and the characters that pilot them. The beginning is few panels are going to be pretty boring as they are merely testing the waters with the concept, and giving me practice drawing these things (I'm not really good at it). Also so far no characters have been introduced. Which brings me to an eplaination of the first few "pages" they are just going to be about testing/propaganda making/promoting the new machine.

Anyways here are the first few panels
http://fazz33.deviantart.com/art/Mobile ... 1-76059531

Please give some input, on ideas/refinement or anything else

Actual comic is here http://www.drunkduck.com/Mobile_Suit_Gundam__Unknown/
Last edited by Chang_Blu on Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHASER

Seems generally interesting as a story, and I think you're off to a good start with the art as well. Personally, in the first panel the feet of the GM seem rather small for the body, though that's kind of going under the assumption that it's a regular GM... if you intended it to have small feet then there isn't really a problem there.

The car/laptop in the first one also look very square in comparison but that's easy to fix. You draw Mobile Suits better than I do (though I think I try too hard) but with a bit of cleaning up and, if you have one, some editing in a graphics program could make things look ever smoother.
HellCat wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:I'm skipping this one if it's in suppository form, though. Like, I like Gundam, but not that friggin' much.
They decided against that because most Gundam fans already have something up their butt.
Chang_Blu

Ah the feet -_- lol I wanted it to be a regular sized GM, thanks for that I'll try not to make that mistake in future panels. I'd also like to say that I've put them into page forum and am now beginning full comic production :) but feedback and crits are still welcome :)
jam!

This is interesting.

Please keep us posted when you update.
Chang_Blu

heh, I forgot to say where the comic is hosted :P well click here to see actual comic pages http://www.drunkduck.com/Mobile_Suit_Gundam__Unknown/
Last edited by Chang_Blu on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jam!

Oh nice!

How often do you plan to update?
Chang_Blu

I want to update, Atleast once a week. For now I have some time. I can probably manage 1 or 2 pages. But in about 8 days I'm going to be doing 3 tests in a row plus labs and quizzes in university so, the comming week might be slow.... Thats why I'm trying to push out more pages now :)

Anyways thats the game plan.
Chang_Blu

For anyone whoes intrested the comic has just reached 11 pages :) And I decided that thursday will be my official update day.
Intrested in a Mobile suit Fan comic? If so, check mine out, here! http://www.drunkduck.com/Mobile_Suit_Gundam__Unknown/