The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk. IV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Homeless

Scan is too blurry to really read any of the information in the corner but given that its an MSV and unlikely to ever appear on-screen, whoever pilots it is probably sort of irrelevant.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Arsarcana

VentZX wrote:
Maelstromm wrote:Hmm, in any case, I wonder what the belt-feed like thing on the back of the Eins is? It certainly doesn't look like a chain gun or something is mounted on the shoulder plate...
It's strange really. It's connected from the shield to its left fore arm. Can't make head nor tails of what it could be.
I'm reminded a bit of the Joshua from Xenosaga when it first appeared and had cables connecting one shoulder and arm, though they vanished in Ep III. If that shoulder plate was bigger or shaped differently I'd suspect it of being a power feed for some beam weapon or shield. Just three months or so until they're scheduled to appear and we find out...
VentZX

Arsarcana wrote: Just three months or so until they're scheduled to appear and we find out...
I'm sure we'll start seeing some better looking official art and whatnot soon enough. And the model of the Throne Ein is due out in February, so it's not too far out. I'm just dieing to see what it looks like colored, and if the other units will follow a similar scheme or not. My opinion of the thing would greatly change if it went with traditional red/blue/white or a more monochrome motif.

And I thought the wait for episode 13 would be bad...
Homeless wrote:Use the Throne Eins model then:
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/568/ ... inszd0.jpg

Or look at this month's 00V:
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/810/svms01vx7.jpg
Do like. I was expecting a Kyrios Varient this time around, but the 'Heavy' Flag looks great. Based on its reinforced armor and lack of winged backpack, I'm guessing this is a Ground Type varient?
quasadra

Homeless wrote:Or look at this month's 00V:
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/810/svms01vx7.jpg
just when i thought the Flag couldt get any cooler :shock:
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
ExhileVoid

Somehow it looks bulkier... What a sec! It looks like a regular Union Flag except with external green armor parts attached to its main body just like the Avalanche Exia. Or it could be for underwater operations. Graham commented that the Union Flag wasn't capable of operating underwater when Exia escaped.
Nightwing03

Awesome, Awesome to the max. The Flag equipped with the new armor looks sweet! Reminds me alot of Military camo. Maybe this armor will be the key to defeating the CB's Gundams. But i highly doubt that, since the armor will just make the flag slower.
♣♦♠♥
wing zero alpha

I wonder if that thing can still fly with that armor equipped. If it can't, there goes the Flag's main advantage over the Tieren. :?
Jack

I'm really hoping that thing is called a 'Flaglabor'.
Kasn

Pics from http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/

UNION FLAG GROUND PACKAGE SHELL TYPE “SHELL FLAG”
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1645 ... ov1kq7.jpg

GUNDAM ASTRAEA TYPE F
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4004 ... op1jt6.jpg

Does ASTRAEA TYPE F is any different then normal ASTRAEA?
Adeon000

Hmmm

Astrea type F appears to have a different rifle and a prototype GN gunblady thing ( it also has a mask to hide its identity, even though the rest of it looks exactly the same....)

does anyone know if the dengeki parts have the weapons for the two astreas?

Coz that would be sweet
Maelstromm

Judging from what I know, the February 2008 issue of Dengeki Hobby will only have the 00 P conversion parts...I don't think that it's likely to have the 00 F conversion parts too, but I could be wrong...and here's hoping that I am...
Gahh!!! My kingdom for a signature!!!!
Any takers?
Ryujin

Clearer, larger lineart of the Gundam Throne Eins.

Looks like it's not by Okawara after all, but by Naohiro Washio of Fafner/Heroic Age fame, according to Anonymous.
Kasn

Maelstromm

Even after looking at the new line-art, I still can't, for the life of me, figure out why the Throne Eins has a belt-feed to its shoulder shield...perhaps I am fixating too much on pointless details?
Gahh!!! My kingdom for a signature!!!!
Any takers?
Zero Revenge

Maelstromm wrote:Even after looking at the new line-art, I still can't, for the life of me, figure out why the Throne Eins has a belt-feed to its shoulder shield...perhaps I am fixating too much on pointless details?
Maybe it's a connection to the generator? Maybe the shield becomes a Beam Shield? **shrugs**
Kurando

Throne eins better not be purple/red pleeease! Then I will associate it with Justice too much!
Arsarcana

Nightwing03 wrote:Awesome, Awesome to the max. The Flag equipped with the new armor looks sweet! Reminds me alot of Military camo. Maybe this armor will be the key to defeating the CB's Gundams. But i highly doubt that, since the armor will just make the flag slower.
More like 'because it's a side-story design unlikely to show up in the anime', though we might get a cameo of it like some of the MSV in Destiny. Pity because I like the look.

ETA: Looking at the larger scans, anyone else reminded of the Exbrau-B when looking at Throne Zwei?
Gone Astray

Arsarcana wrote:ETA: Looking at the larger scans, anyone else reminded of the Exbrau-B when looking at Throne Zwei?
I'm more reminded of the Aestivalis models from Nadesico, actually.

And the Thrones appear to have GN Drives, although all the backpack stuff obscures the cone on the Eins and Drei. Either CB needs some reinforcement for their Meisters (which is possible, considering the angelic naming theme), or someone got their hands on a Drive.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Mwulf

I know we're all having fun talking about the Thrones, and I know what I'm about to say has a good chance of having already been said. So, sorry.

*ahem*

On the subject of the Excia's GN Sword:

Now that I've finished my HG Excia, I think I have a much better feel for the mobile suit. Design-wise, I love it. The difference between the model and what you see animated is roughly equal to the difference between what you see animated and the old lineart. :shock:

The actual "beam rifle" in the sword actually looks a lot like the beam pistols the Kyrios has--only with a much shorter barrel. Looking at the thing, it doesn't seem to be at all accurate. I imagine you wouldn't get a decent accuracy rating until point-blank range. Now, the pistol is attached to the tiny-shield which is attached to the forearm. The only time the Blade is attached to any of this is when it's extended in "sword mode."

This, along with the appearence of the plastic mold has led me to the following deductions:

1. The Sword is supplied with power via the forearm, but produces/refines/stores the GN particles inside the shield.

2. The GN Beam Gun is NOT a beam gun at all. Rather, the barrel that fires GN particles is the same means by which GN particles are transferred into the sword. It's a makeshift-beam gun, which accounts for both it's incredibly low accuracy as well as it's high rate of fire--with the sword attached, I imagine it would "fire" a constant stream of GN particles.

3. Since the GN Blades do NOT have a permanent attachment, I would say that they store GN particles for a short period of time, but will lose their effectiveness if they are not returned to their clamps to "recharge." This would explain the large clamping mechanism they use to attach to the Excia's skirt instead of the more traditional hardpoints. Basically, the GN Sword is "active" and the GN Blades are "passive."
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
VentZX

Holy crap at the Throne Zwei. It seems to be aptly named as it carries a friggin' huge blade. And that is most certainly, and undeniably, a GN Drive 'cone' on the back of the Zwei. On that topic of the Throne Gundams, despite them having the same basic body type, they have extremely varied equipment. The clearer line art is appreciated, but I still want to see them in color! Oh well.

When I first saw the Shell Flag, I assumed it was a ground type varient and i was right! :D That thing is too beautiful.

Not much to say on the Astrea Type F, other than it better be three times as fast as the regular Astrea.