Yuusha Series

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kurando

Yuusha Series

Suprised that there isnt a yuusha series topic..

The yuusha series is awesome. My personal favourites are Exkaiser, Might gaine, Da Garn, Goldran, Dagwon and every GaoGaiGar series.

Also. GaoGaiGar project z looks cool.. but mamoru as the main character pilot sucks big time. Although a bigger link to betterman seems cool
Wingnut

Re: Yuusha Series

Kurando wrote:Also. GaoGaiGar project z looks cool.. but mamoru as the main character pilot sucks big time.
How do you figure that? Given the amount of time that would pass before he would be able to pilot his own machine he could change considerably to the point where it would seem natural for him to be a pilot, following in Guy's footsteps.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kurando

Wingnut wrote:
Kurando wrote:Also. GaoGaiGar project z looks cool.. but mamoru as the main character pilot sucks big time.
How do you figure that? Given the amount of time that would pass before he would be able to pilot his own machine he could change considerably to the point where it would seem natural for him to be a pilot, following in Guy's footsteps.
Well mamoru seemd to have aged only a little bit. In his very early teens is my guess (12-14). Unless project z pulls a Gurren Lagann on us with a timeskip with an ever more GAR version of mamoru.

Im personally getting a weird vibe about this series release.. we haven't seen nor hear anything new about it.
Mark064

That's because it's not a series.
Kurando

Mark064 wrote:That's because it's not a series.
Wha? well I know it won't be a series of sequels ect. but there is a gaogaigar series..

So what will it be?
Recon 5

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if if Mamoru was given a mecha (neuromechanoid, BTW) at his current age (age at the end of Grand Glorious Gathering). Kiddie mech pilots aren't new- Dendoh had two, and Machine Robo Rescue had a whole legion. Besides, he's got Ikumi as a copilot, so that should make up for whatever Mamoru lacks in the piloting department.
Mark064

A bettter example is the pilots in Betterman. Keita and Hinoki the pilots of a Neuronoid are both at a young age. Seeing as they both had special powers that was the requirement. Big shock looking at Mamoru and Kaido both have special powers, so it's no shock to see them as pilots.
Kurando wrote:So what will it be?
No one really knows but it's unlikely to be a full out series. Of course for all we know it could just be a manga or novel or something. Or maybe that one page was it. There is no confirmation one way or the other. And seeing as they've already thrown out merchnadise for it doesn't look good either.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

It may as well be considered GaoGaiGar's "MSV" then
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Mark064

I'm not really sure what to classify it as, probably something like "Original DVD Creation". One thing worth to note about this whole thing is the fact that I'm only seeing english sites proclaiming this as sign a new GaoGaiGar work is coming.

Other signs about this are shown too first is the obvious figures and toys and even shirt about it, there is no point to produce merchandise for an upcoming work. Second CM Corporations GaoGaiGo puts this in a series category as King of Braves GaoGaiGar Grand Glorious Gathering. If this really turns out to be something then they are taking the weirdest possible route.
Heecarl_Reez

IF they gonna launch new yuusha(or GGG continuity),wow..that sure nice..

But still, i want Baangaan to be serialized...
It's not enough to only play it in the BraveSaga games...
Kurando

Heecarl_Reez wrote:IF they gonna launch new yuusha(or GGG continuity),wow..that sure nice..

But still, i want Baangaan to be serialized...
It's not enough to only play it in the BraveSaga games...
Gear fighter dendoh used an awful lot of concpets from baangaan. There WAS gonna be a BaanGannn series but it was canceled.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Wingnut wrote:
*points to Wingnut*

Totally what he said. Mamoru was hot-blooded enough when Gao Gai Gar vs Gao Fai Gar, albeit it wasn't really him. :P I'm sure he'll be all sorts of yuusha in this (whatever it will be, manga, anime, whatever) whenever it comes out.
Ork_dreadnought

Well, if memory serves Mamoru had hotblooded moments in tv series and OVA. He had the nerve to after Lord Pasder and a CG copy of his biological dad on his own. I think he would come into his own.
NAMSOC's mecha fanboy
Kurando

Ork_dreadnought wrote:Well, if memory serves Mamoru had hotblooded moments in tv series and OVA. He had the nerve to after Lord Pasder and a CG copy of his biological dad on his own. I think he would come into his own.
Actually.. now that I think of it... your right! although Guy>Mamoru in my book