RF Online anyone?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Aulon

RF Online anyone?

I was wondering if someone on this forum is playing Rising Force Online? If yes what are your nicks and what race & server. My name is obviusly Aulon and I'm Bellato on Novus.
CarbonStereoxide
Location: Starting an explosive party at Azadistan with Setsuna

Tried it once but I discontinued it because of lack of time.

My character was a Bellato and the server was also Novus
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00

"Celestial Being is the World's Finest Terrorist"- Tieria Erde

"Wanna Get High?"- Towelie

"I'll Dance in your Grave Tonight"-Hallelujah Haptism

"Mosque Closed, Party's Over!"- Lockon Stratos after shooting Ali-Al-Sarches
Dygenguard

I don't, but I've always considered it. I really liked the look and feel of the game, however, I kept hearing bad things about the gameplay and community.

For one, I heard there's little to no end-game. When you reach the high levels, all there is to do is PvP or grind mindlessly, which is in contrast to games like World of WarCraft where you have to raid regularly and possibly for months at a time to get good equipment and see the more difficult content. In fact, I've heard of a lot of MMOs have little end-game content, i.e. Lord of the Rings Online, making them focus more on the leveling aspect, but when you reach the cap, interest dies until patches are released with more content.

I also heard RF is mostly "gold farmers" and people who can't type English well. Well, I survived Diablo 2 with my share of "KEKEKE U DUPE SOJ? ^______^", so I think I can handle a mostly foreign community to some extent, but is it really that bad?

So, ease my fears, if you can. Is it really that bad? Else, I might give the free trial a shot.
Ougi: Guren Maengun!!!
Tafumi

I played for a few months about... a year and a half to two years ago. Was a Bella Hidden Soldier on Spirit server. That was back before Giga Final was released though. I stopped playing when I moved and kind of lost interest in the game.

All I ever did was PvP and overnight mine when we won the CW. Kind of got boring.
Chavelo

I checked their site and it had a big flashy image that said "100% FREE!" or something to that end. Though it seems like the company for the game have turned to selling the in game gold themselves, probably why they made it free.
Dygenguard

Oh, that's right. I think I heard that RF Online now sells in-game points or something to be bought with real-world money. You can spend the points on high-level equipment. I think.

I could have sworn the game use to be so you had to buy the game and pay a monthly fee. Did it do that badly?
Koshernova

I like the look and design of it, but the good ole MMO mechanics drove me away. Specially coupled with poor localisation and little of interest to do. I'm not the kind of person that can spare their precious gaming time in grindfests...
Kurando

YAY now you can play and download the game for free! I quit it because of the monthly fee.
Dygenguard

I might give it a shot then, just to see how it is. It might help to pass the time, but I doubt I can take it seriously if it's just a grindfest. I have too much on my gaming plate to devote the time to it. :? I'll get back if I end up signing up.
Kurando

Dygenguard wrote:I might give it a shot then, just to see how it is. It might help to pass the time, but I doubt I can take it seriously if it's just a grindfest. I have too much on my gaming plate to devote the time to it. :? I'll get back if I end up signing up.
Prepare to be dissapointed. We all know korea are the MMORPG masters. But most korean MMORPGs are a grind fest