The Offical Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Black Knight

Sonic or otherwise, I find it interesting that the bayonet, on comparing your second and fourth pictures, appears to retract into a recess on the under-side of the linear rifle. Nice way to handle it, honestly, and as the AEU doesn't seem to have the Union's ability to create a plasma blade yet, the bayonet is a nice way to get a little extra reach when using a melee weapon.
Bazookafied

Homeless wrote: I can't believe they bothered fixing it:
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6774/001ew4.jpg
I don't think they even bothered fixing it! Take a look at its colors. They look darker than his original Enact's bright green colorscheme. I think they just gave him a MP and he's happy they're letting him pilot an Enact again.

EDIT: yeah, nevermind... those colors look like his Enact...

So why would they rebuild it? I mean, we already see they've got MPs of it running around... it'd be like raising the Titanic, plugging up the hole in its hull and sending it back to do transatlantic crossings.
StrikeEnd

Bazookafied wrote:
Homeless wrote: I can't believe they bothered fixing it:
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6774/001ew4.jpg
I don't think they even bothered fixing it! Take a look at its colors. They look darker than his original Enact's bright green colorscheme. I think they just gave him a MP and he's happy they're letting him pilot an Enact again.

EDIT: yeah, nevermind... those colors look like his Enact...

So why would they rebuild it? I mean, we already see they've got MPs of it running around... it'd be like raising the Titanic, plugging up the hole in its hull and sending it back to do transatlantic crossings.
I don't think they rebuilt it. They probably just painted a MP Enact bright green, and changed the head back to the Demo type. You know, I don't actually think there's that much difference between the MP and Demo versions beyond those two things.
Laevatein

So supposedly, according to info from episode 6, it's confirmed that the GN Blades are coated in GN particles... like the GN Sword, as the dialogue states, which would explain the wierd white glow in episode 4.

Also, the Exia's development codename is, obviously enough, "Gundam Seven Swords".
OpMegs

Meanwhile, I don't know if it was a tactical decision on Ali's part or not, but his Enact nails Exia several times with his linear rifle, and seemingly does no more damage than merely knocking the Exia around a little. Then again, given the focus on capturing a Gundam, it may be that's exactly what Ali intended.

Similarly, one has to wonder why the GN bazooka is as humongous as it is if Virtue's GN cannons do that much damage. I had to laugh when Tieria targeted IN BETWEEN the oncoming Enact and Hellions.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
Calubin_175

Exia left GN beam daggers on the Hellions, I hope either side will be smart enough to retrieve them.
Homeless

OpMegs wrote:Meanwhile, I don't know if it was a tactical decision on Ali's part or not, but his Enact nails Exia several times with his linear rifle, and seemingly does no more damage than merely knocking the Exia around a little. Then again, given the focus on capturing a Gundam, it may be that's exactly what Ali intended.
Keep in mind that would appear to be the low power/high firing speed setting for the linear rifle, as mentioned in the Flag's model booklet.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Hyakushiki

In another instance of real life and fiction converging, I found this article it seems the Tierian's pilot helmet has a real life counterpart.

http://spluch.blogspot.com/2007/11/scie ... style.html
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Ascension

Awesome. I read a children's book about fighter planes when I was a wee little kid that ended with a section on fighter planes of the future and opined that someday we would have helmets that would display the HUD on the visor like that and that would also have the ability to target weaponry in whatever direction the pilot was looking in, so that he would only have to glance in the direction of a bandit to lock onto it.

Now we're halfway there! :D

I love the Tierens, too, everything from their cockpit to their form to their weight to their sluggishness. They're just so charming! My favorite by far is the Long Range Type, though. Can't beat a hammerhead-style camera setup and a head-mounted near-Xamel-size artillery gun. 8)
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Hyakushiki

When I first saw them fighting in episode 2, they immediately reminded me of Wanzers from Front Mission. In fact I think this is the first Gundam show where I like the Grunt suits just a little more than the Gundams for all the same reasons, even that quirky High Mobility Type. I thought that one was weird, but they have made flying tanks before. Who knew! :lol:
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Poochi

Calubin_175 wrote:Exia left GN beam daggers on the Hellions, I hope either side will be smart enough to retrieve them.
Heh, nicely spotted!

Does anyone else question the purpose of having the 2 GN Blades? What can those 2 blades do that the GN Sword/Gun plus 1 GN Blade can't that warrants discarding the extra shield and gun? The added weight doesn't seem like an issue at all.
Code name Lockon Stratos. The man who can snipe from across the stratosphere.
Dean_the_Young

Homeless wrote:
OpMegs wrote:Meanwhile, I don't know if it was a tactical decision on Ali's part or not, but his Enact nails Exia several times with his linear rifle, and seemingly does no more damage than merely knocking the Exia around a little. Then again, given the focus on capturing a Gundam, it may be that's exactly what Ali intended.
Keep in mind that would appear to be the low power/high firing speed setting for the linear rifle, as mentioned in the Flag's model booklet.
Not just that, but inversed as well. Higher strength=lower firing speed, so the Linear Rifle blast from Ep. 1 that Setsuna avoids would have done much more damage.

Still doesn't beat Graham's rifle, though. We say what that could do, and Ali's gun came nowhere close.

But Jesus Yamamato, how many times can the Virtue fire its BFG or its BFC(annons)?
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
OpMegs

Dean_the_Young wrote:
Homeless wrote:
Not just that, but inversed as well. Higher strength=lower firing speed, so the Linear Rifle blast from Ep. 1 that Setsuna avoids would have done much more damage.

Still doesn't beat Graham's rifle, though. We say what that could do, and Ali's gun came nowhere close.

But Jesus Yamamato, how many times can the Virtue fire its BFG or its BFC(annons)?
Well, so far as we know....once, each. That's all we've seen it used.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
Recon 5

Dean_the_Young wrote:But Jesus Yamamato, how many times can the Virtue fire its BFG or its BFC(annons)?
Well, for all we know about the Solar Furnaces, the BFG (Big Freaking Gundam) may be able to fire all three weapons continuously (and fire them together) with no time limit. We'll just have to wait and see. What we do know, in case any of us has forgotten, is that the Virtue (at least) is the power source for an MS carrier and thats pretty impressive.
Zero Revenge

Recon 5 wrote:
Dean_the_Young wrote:But Jesus Yamamato, how many times can the Virtue fire its BFG or its BFC(annons)?
Well, for all we know about the Solar Furnaces, the BFG (Big Freaking Gundam) may be able to fire all three weapons continuously (and fire them together) with no time limit. We'll just have to wait and see. What we do know, in case any of us has forgotten, is that the Virtue (at least) is the power source for an MS carrier and thats pretty impressive.
I was under the assumption that any of the Gundams could do it, but Tieria choose to for his love-lost for Earth.
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

could be that since the others are more versatile (as far as we've seen) that it's more prudent for those units to be out there while the Virtue stays back more ofter than not.
razgriz

everyone says size doesn't matter but who knows maybe theres just more space in the virtue to hold all that energy
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Recon 5

The size is due to its armor and possibly the GN shield generators. I mean, if you'll notice Tieria is the only one who hasn't taken a single defensive action in combat.
Ascension

I still say they gave him the Virtue because he's really the worst pilot of all the Meisters and they're just trying to hide it. Virtue would be such a simple MS to pilot a non-newtype monkey could do it. You don't have to dodge because it has both an energy barrier and heavy physical armor if anything makes it through the field. You don't have to aim because the beams it fires are so honking huge they vaporize everything in the general vicinity. There's nothing to it. No wonder Tiera's hair is always neater than the other Meisters', he probably has time to comb it during combat.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.