The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 4.0

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Direct X

I'm pretty sure the Celestial Being will crumble, once they find out where the funding is coming from =p
wing zero alpha

Okay guys, yes there's going to be yaoi fanfictions out there, we get it. What bothered me about Dean's post was he made it sound like it was actually in the show rather than a bunch of rabid fangirls coming up with it. And since Chris is very tense on that topic, let's leave it there, shall we?
Gundam 00, sponsored by Al Gore. @ Alternative Energy
I wonder how many carbon credits were spent over it. :roll:
Yeah, that's my piece. I am a bit disappointed, it looks like the next episode will be the THIRD action-heavy episode of the bunch, and hot China-girl didn't get enough air-time this episode. Hopefully things can calm down soon and I a can start to learn a few names.
Damn straight, I'm getting a little annoyed that aside from a few passing shots Ryumei doesn't get any air time. I hope that changes soon, although I liked her with her hair down in a ponytail.
ShadowCell

Is this Mecha Talk or LiveJournal? Stop acting like a bunch of yaoi fangirls for Christ's sake. This is a corollary to that "for the love of God, stop pulling things out of your asses about Tieria's sexuality and post about stuff that you actually know about" thing. Drop the yaoi crap, now. There are enough people here who don't understand what a joke is anyway.

Christ, forty-eight episodes to go...
SNT1

wing zero alpha wrote:
Yeah, that's my piece. I am a bit disappointed, it looks like the next episode will be the THIRD action-heavy episode of the bunch, and hot China-girl didn't get enough air-time this episode. Hopefully things can calm down soon and I a can start to learn a few names.
Damn straight, I'm getting a little annoyed that aside from a few passing shots Ryumei doesn't get any air time. I hope that changes soon, although I liked her with her hair down in a ponytail.
My opinion on her went down when she enters the scene being carried by her bodyguard in a safari suit.

Me? I wanna see more Sumeragi. Gotta love hot, female beer-drinking officers.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
wing zero alpha

SNT1 wrote:My opinion on her went down when she enters the scene being carried by her bodyguard in a safari suit.

Me? I wanna see more Sumeragi. Gotta love hot, female beer-drinking officers.
Somehow I knew that was going to put off people, not that I really cared. :roll: As for Sumeragi, eh, getting tired of the beer-drinking commander types; it was alright when she did it that one time, but I'm afraid she'll turn into another Misato Katsuragi-wannabe.
SNT1

I'm afraid she'll turn into another Misato Katsuragi-wannabe.
^That's fine by me. Never really bothered me when FMP's Melissa Mao is pretty much Misato Katsuragi (down to the english dub voice).

I also wanna see more from that princess. Later down the road, I guess.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Aegis

wing zero alpha wrote:Damn straight, I'm getting a little annoyed that aside from a few passing shots Ryumei doesn't get any air time. I hope that changes soon, although I liked her with her hair down in a ponytail.
Any excuse to show cute Chinese girls on screen is well worth it. ;p
As for Sumeragi, eh, getting tired of the beer-drinking commander types; it was alright when she did it that one time, but I'm afraid she'll turn into another Misato Katsuragi-wannabe.
Well... when she starts waking up a slob and mixes curry with her ramen, then it'll be a real cause for concern. As it is, if not for translation, I would've thought she was having an energy drink. >>
wing zero alpha

At least Mao had the ex-Marine attitude going for her, making her different from usual Misato types. Sumeragi has yet to display anything that makes her stand out beyond the drinking, not that I don't have any hope on the subject as it's only the second episode.

And yes Aegis, any excuse for cute Chinese girls is well worth it. :twisted:
Mwulf

No, not Misato--Mao, it's Mao! We cannot stop with the FMP comparisons! Never!

*ahem*

Back to more serious concerns.

Mr. Monocle apparently has a name. He is Aeolia Schenberg.
DATABASE/ Aeolia Shenberg
Material that can get to know him is only the thesis of an engineering theory and the physical theory that he left now. The one to be paid attention especially especially is a basic theory of the photovoltaic generation system by the orbit elevator. To our regret, it was not possible to achieve by technology at that time, and social attention was thin. He is advocating the concept of the person type machine that does construction and the defense work of the orbit elevator at...
He appears to have been born in 2015, and rose to prominence in 2051, which it looks like is when the article in the database was written.

I would translate the engrish as follows:

DATABASE: Aeolia Shoenburg
Material regarding Dr. Shoenburg is scarce, mostly comprised of his theories regarding physics and engineering. His most notable scientific contribution was the basic theory of photovoltaic generation--now known as Solar Power--that could be carried out by enormous space-elevators. But the current level of technology of the world was too low to realize this vision, and public support for the idea quickly crumbled in the face of the enormous financial cost of such a project. Dr. Shoenburg also advocated the development of early mobile-suits, which would be used primarily for construction--but also for repairing and defending the Orbital Elevators.

~___~

Well, that's my take on it. There's also Aeolia's comment about "those who were raised on Earth" --implying that their are humans were NOT born on Earth in his time, or that he expected something like that to be the case. Either way, it's essentially confimration that the "leader" of Celestial being is, in fact, the very same man who "invented" Solar Energy, mobile suits, and the orbital elevators themselves.

On, and BTW, if anyone thought I was talking out of my ass, the source is the animation. Seen in this screenshot.

EDIT: And you'll notice that Microsoft seems to be doing well, even in 2307. :roll:
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Tafumi

Going to assume that, at some point, Mr. Peanut there was frozen. Or he's more machine than man now.

Otherwise, people live to be very, very old. Like, 200+ years old.
Direct X

wing zero alpha wrote:At least Mao had the ex-Marine attitude going for her, making her different from usual Misato types. Sumeragi has yet to display anything that makes her stand out beyond the drinking, not that I don't have any hope on the subject as it's only the second episode.

And yes Aegis, any excuse for cute Chinese girls is well worth it. :twisted:
The Yellow fever seems to have sunk in.

I'm surprised. No lusting over Japanese girls? :P :P
Poochi

I like the premise of the 3 factions being in a stalemate and fighting for control over the elevator. In fact, with the current situation, CB seems to be more of a villain than any other side.

So is the plan is to unite the 3 factions by giving them a mutual enemy to hate? Sounds a bit iffy to me.
Code name Lockon Stratos. The man who can snipe from across the stratosphere.
Zero Revenge

Holy Christ we've gotten FAR off topic with this crap about Asian Women and Yaoi and this crap.

I'd like to have a Gundam 00 Thread to use, and don't want this locked.

And to stay on track... Poochi each Faction has their own Solar Generator, they aren't fighting over one single one.

But I agree, if the translation is correct - with the CB's goal to unite all humanity against them, who's to say they wouldn't go back to killing each other after vaporizing Celestial Being?

PS: Good Luck Graham. Please at least dent it. I've been pretty happy so far, and now we're about to get our first "Enemy Ace vs Lead Gundam Pilot" Fight. I do not want to be disappointed.

And I doubt I will.
auriga

So is the plan is to unite the 3 factions by giving them a mutual enemy to hate? Sounds a bit iffy to me.
Interesting... Another dude who thinks like Naruto's Pain... Two times in a weekend has to be a record for me. It does seem a bit farfetched... But it might just work. I'd say it's a radical take on the "we're all the same, so we shouldn't fight" cliche.

Though I'd like to really know more about Ioria. He comes off as a more optimistic Rau to me... And I think that's a good thing.
wing zero alpha

Resident Atlantic Fed/Union Fan wrote:Holy Christ we've gotten FAR off topic with this crap about Asian Women and Yaoi and this crap.
How? Two of the subjects in question are part of the anime, so it's not really off topic.
Direct X wrote:The Yellow fever seems to have sunk in.

I'm surprised. No lusting over Japanese girls? :P :P
I have a response to that, but I'm afraid it's not very civil. I'll say this much though: it's only two words.
Interesting... Another dude who thinks like Naruto's Pain... Two times in a weekend has to be a record for me. It does seem a bit farfetched... But it might just work. I'd say it's a radical take on the "we're all the same, so we shouldn't fight" cliche.
Out of curiosity, who was the other guy that thinks like that (unless you're referring to Nagato himself)?
Last edited by wing zero alpha on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpMegs

Random note that someone's summary elsewhere pointed out: Setsuna's not gone two episodes before becoming a bit...unique. He shot on ahead without being given orders, and the wholescale slaughter of the Tierens wasn't exactly the plan. That, and the two Amphs he bisects near the end were *thanking* him for his assistance and going on to press back against their "oppressors" or whatever. Setsuna's uncompromising decimation of both sides is what he believes to be the purpose of the Gundam Meisters, to the point that Tiera asks Lockon how he got to be a Meister in the first place.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
auriga

Out of curiosity, who was the other guy that thinks like that (unless you're referring to Nagato himself)?
I'm referring to Nagato... Wait, I think we're already discussing spoilers - Naruto spoilers. :lol:
Random note that someone's summary elsewhere pointed out: Setsuna's not gone two episodes before becoming a bit...unique. He shot on ahead without being given orders, and the wholescale slaughter of the Tierens wasn't exactly the plan. That, and the two Amphs he bisects near the end were *thanking* him for his assistance and going on to press back against their "oppressors" or whatever. Setsuna's uncompromising decimation of both sides is what he believes to be the purpose of the Gundam Meisters, to the point that Tiera asks Lockon how he got to be a Meister in the first place.
So much for the Sousuke/Heero references; this kid clearly has issues and is no "perfect soldier." Strange, too, because I (I'm sure there are others with me) was thinking the "unmerciful pilot" role was already reserved to Tieria.

But then again, I think it would be much better to hold such assumptions until I actually see the episode.
Mwulf

Ooh, and the Anon sub extends the post-preview for a few extra scenes. Looks like we'll see another Union character in the next episode (some old guy with long hair) along with a spiffy Tieren-flight type. Awesome. Gotta love the Tieren with it's hand wrapped around the Excia's head.

Extended Preview Screens

First Graham, now this Tieren... looks like Setsuna's gonna have a worse start than Camille. ~__~

I think it's safe to say that white-haired guy is the Tieren's pilot.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Zero Revenge

OpMegs wrote:Random note that someone's summary elsewhere pointed out: Setsuna's not gone two episodes before becoming a bit...unique. He shot on ahead without being given orders, and the wholescale slaughter of the Tierens wasn't exactly the plan. That, and the two Amphs he bisects near the end were *thanking* him for his assistance and going on to press back against their "oppressors" or whatever. Setsuna's uncompromising decimation of both sides is what he believes to be the purpose of the Gundam Meisters, to the point that Tiera asks Lockon how he got to be a Meister in the first place.
Yeah, that was a bit uncalled for, killing those two Amph pilots that the Celestial Being were sent to defend anyway...

I understand why he did it, but it was uncalled for. However, i'm confused to why Lockon reacted so panicky when he saw the Amph's running towards the Exia. Did he figure Setsuna was gonna go nuts about them? Or did he think they were gonna attack him? ....Not like they'd be a threat anyway after seeing the can of whoop ass Setsuna unleashed on that entire Tierin brigade.

However, I only saw the RAW. So ...what do I know? Nothing, i'm going off only the words I do know (very little) and the body language.

I know I shouldn't say this but... looks like Setsuna pulled a Shinn here. Not thinking clearly, just killing people. Wah wah wah.... yeah, i'm going to hell.
Mwulf wrote:Ooh, and the Anon sub extends the post-preview for a few extra scenes. Looks like we'll see another Union character in the next episode (some old guy with long hair) along with a spiffy Tieren-flight type. Awesome. Gotta love the Tieren with it's hand wrapped around the Excia's head.

Extended Preview Screens

First Graham, now this Tieren... looks like Setsuna's gonna have a worse start than Camille. ~__~

I think it's safe to say that white-haired guy is the Tieren's pilot.
Holy crap, looks like that Tieren Pilot is kicking some Exia ass! I'm shocked. I wonder how badly Graham's gonna whoop on Setsuna. Hopefully enough to knock some sense into him!

PS: Thanks for posting the pictures, the RAW I have just cuts short after the regular preview.
Last edited by Zero Revenge on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
auriga

A High-Maneuver Tieren giving Setsuna a hard time? This is a must-see.