Upcoming Models, Merch & Rumors Mk IV

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Kurosawa

I too would actually like a force or sword Impulse in MG format. As far as the different packs are concerned, the 1/100 HG packs that came with the sword strike and the launcher strike were more or less compatible with the MG. Bandai even released a few parts to make mounting the striker packs on the MG Strike, the additional parts were around 20 bucks each though. So IF they ever had something along the lines of a MG Impulse, they most likely would design it to fit the existing packs for the HG impulse.
Rice...its a way of life
Mark064

I don't think there is too much a point to do it with the Impulse though. Strike works nicely because it's just the base Strike color while the Impulse goes through a color change. So if you wanna turn your Force Impulse to a Sword Impulse you'd have to paint it red then be stuck with a Sword Impulse or well a red Force Impulse.
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

First pic of the MG Destiny SE with the Wings o' Light:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/ ... 193461.jpg

Looks tacky and ridiculous, which should come as no surprise whatsoever.
Last edited by James E. 'ZEE' Doyle on Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
wilcosu35

Bandai october merchandise:
https://bandai-hobby.net/news/index.html
english:
http://bandai-hobby.net/english/item.html

not much interesting stuff for me, except for the special edition MG destiny:
those WoL look impressive
Mark064

I thought the Wings on the Destiny were just about the only decent feature on the MG, the Palm and Beam Boomerang those are just silly.
auriga

The Palma Fiocinas are okay, it's the beam boomerangs that are stupid. :lol: if the kit looked cheap, it's because of that.

But then again, beam effects parts never really tickled me..
SNT1

More SRW goodies coming up; posted by 1999.co.jp

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10063918
Alteisen 1/144 (blue)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10062375
Wildwurger
--

As for the Destiny SE: Funky.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Ascension

I can't help but notice that all of the pics of the Wurger are without the jacket armor. I suppose they're expecting you to pose it in a Raptor Wings or Twin Bird Strike pose... Rather disappointing that it doesn't come with optional armor... :?
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Dark Duel

An AltEisen Nacht kit release? I suppose it's just a recolor of the old Alt(Yay redundancy!) kit, right?

Wurger looks awesome, though the lack of Jacket Armor kinda fails.
I actually think the MG Destiny SE WOL (Yay acronymns!) look pretty freakin' badass.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
firefox

There is a god that watches over gundam SEED :)

MG destiny gundam Special edition

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-40371-1-1.html

fantastic, one of the best MG's so far :)
In the end, nothing remains
SNT1

Good Lord---that's an awesome boxart. That's when Shinn went Anakin and stuff...

I might have to get this over Hi-Nu, Strike Noir and Alt 1/100, just because of that boxart. But then again I can get by with the normal version.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Dark Duel

"MUCH more impressive than SF, the SE-MG Destiny Gundam is." *Yoda nods*
And that boxart is made of 100% pure EPIC WIN.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Lert

Dayumn .. *Adds Destiny to Must Have MG's*

Let's see ..

AcGuy
Zaku 2.0
Gelgoog 2.0
Turn A
Hi-Nu
Destiny

My god, I'm going to be so poor ..
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
latenlazy

A few more panel lines and MG Destiny would be godly...
vaKuz

I vote MG Destiny SE to be the MG boxart of the year!
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
auriga

Yes, I fell in love with the boxart since I saw it last week...

But I don't think I would go as far as calling it the best or even one of the best MGs ever... It's awesome, that I'll give it... But in terms of innovation, heck no; Turn A, Hi-Nu, and Zaku 2.0 all whacked it out of the ballpark.

But still, it whooped the Strike Freedom. That's more than enough to put me at peace. But still not enough to make me want it.
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

I think the Gundam OYW recolor had the most impressive box art of 2007 hands-down, though the Destiny easily belongs in the top 3. Very dramatic, if a little weak on the rendering.

As for the kit, it doesn't appear to raise the bar in any way as far as new technology goes. A good, solid effort, but nothing jaw-dropping. Nothing wrong with that, of course.
Vectorspace

That is some very nice boxart, but I was never a big fan of Destiny. I don't buy myself many models (I have 4 MG's and that's it - Freedom, Strike Freedom, Zeta 2.0 & Strike IWSP), and I think I'll probably get Unicorn instead.
firefox

vaKuz wrote:I vote MG Destiny SE to be the MG boxart of the year!
although i do not want to temper any enthousiasm, i doubt this boxart is the one for the S.E. version, looking at the size and form of teh box, this is probably the boxart for the normal MG destiny, the S.E.- boxart will be rectagle in the other direction. As with Strike freedom S.E. we also didn't get to see the S.E.-boxart till the very last minute.
In the end, nothing remains
auriga

Yes. This is the boxart for the standard release. Hence why I saw it as early as last week.