Question about Zeon uniforms

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Android raptor

Question about Zeon uniforms

I've found some good reference pics for my cosplay, but I've run into an issue. I don't know whether I want to do this uniform, worn by 08th's "Keregeren Girl" or this one, worn by a random gal. As you can see, they are very similar and of the same rank, but there are some minor differences such as the second ones collar being red and the shoulders. What do those differences mean? Need to know so I can decide which one to do for cosplay.
Let me show you my Pokemons!
Liking characters no one else does since 1989.
Cardi Doorl

The second one lacks pants, though; that might be a problem.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
His Divine Shadow

Cardi Doorl wrote:The second one lacks pants, though; that might be a problem.
That'd be a matter of opinion. :P

Denied the bulk of my resources here and going off of dead reckoning, I'll go out on a limb and say that the Kerguran one is a ground forces version, while pants-less is a Fleet one. Someone with better access and time might shed more light, though. :)
"If you ask me," said the little man to Shadow, "you're something of a monster. Am I right?"
"I'm American," said Shadow, "if that's what you mean." - Neil Gaiman
ORegan

The shirts look the same, with the exception of the collar. But just to make me happy, use the one without any pants....PLEASE! :lol:
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
ShadowCell

According to Library of Londenion, the emblem on both uniforms is that of a soldier or NCO. Moseying on over to Bernie Wiseman's profile on GundamOfficial, it says he's an NCO, and he's wearing the same shirt as our pantsless Zeon gal up there. So I would guess that the first one is wearing a soldier's uniform, while the second one is wearing an NCO's uniform.

Of course, it looks like fanart to me, so take that as you will.

And if those creepy cosplay rape stories I've heard are true, you might want to wear pants after all.
Draco Starcloud

You know, the "no-pants" thing could just be that she was caught in an awkward situation. I mean, I don't think the open shirt is a standard way to wear the uniform either.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
ShadowCell

And what looks like nothing else.

I'm pretty sure you have to wear underwear in the Zeon forces.
ORegan

ShadowCell wrote:And what looks like nothing else.

I'm pretty sure you have to wear underwear in the Zeon forces.
No, Zeon forces are allowed to freeball. Not like they do regular underwear inspections :lol:
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
toysdream

Putting aside the issue of pants for a minute and returning to the original question... :-)

I think the fanart-y image, with the red collar and smaller shoulder epaulets, is more authentic; this is how the Zeon grunt uniforms always looked in the original series. I think the green collar may have been introduced in 08th MS Team, where it seems to be used for enlisted ranks only, and it was mimicked in the character designs for Lost War Chronicles.

-- Mark