For those of you who haven't heard...

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Strike Zero

For those of you who haven't heard...

Apparently, Anonymous now equals "Hackers on steroids".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxWgRY1I_SI

....I never, ever dreamed that I would in my lifetime hear a mainstream media reporter utter the phrase: "But for truly EPIC lulz".

Why can't people report on something that's actually relevent to real-world events?
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
The Big Zabowski

Re: For those of you who haven't heard...

Strike Zero wrote:Why can't people report on something that's actually relevant to real-world events?
Apparently the thing about the stadium dirty bomb threats count as real-world events.. even if it was a hoax, it will handled the same way as if Ahmed Al Ahmed decided to blow up a truck outside some crowded place.

And here I thought all that leet speak stuff had gone out of style with hackers. Just proves how stupid, and immature they are.

*shrugs*

This is why we have to thank hackers like "Mr blackout" in that movie. Still proof that some people of the hacker caliber retain their spines.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Fritz Ashlyn

Apparently you can manage to blow up a van of some kind with 'roided-out hacker skills. Truly epic lulz indeed.

Ebaumsworld, when will you stop doing this to innocent people?
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Bright Noa

Also, here's the other part of the backlash.....

Fox News' local message boards were spammed heavily, especially the Los Angeles ones.

I swear I couldn't stop laughing at the insanity and the stupidity of Fox News--I mean...Fox Noise--and their people.

Someone needs to grant them mercy and tell them to go back to making movies and stuff; leave the news to the real pros.....
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Wingnut

Bright Noa wrote:Fox News' local message boards were spammed heavily, especially the Los Angeles ones.
How heavy? They had about 6 1/2 pages of ligit stuff before this. Earlier today there was more than 60 pages of spam, most of it the same topic. I would imagine there is much more than that now.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Bright Noa

Wingnut wrote:
Bright Noa wrote:Fox News' local message boards were spammed heavily, especially the Los Angeles ones.
How heavy? They had about 6 1/2 pages of ligit stuff before this. Earlier today there was more than 60 pages of spam, most of it the same topic. I would imagine there is much more than that now.
Actually, NOW they are cleaning up that spam.
Took them about....oh, almost 12 hours to notice the spam.....how dumb can you be to not notice THAT much spam?
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Aegis

Strike Zero wrote:Why can't people report on something that's actually relevent to real-world events?
Because real world events is boring, and boring means few ratings. And we can't have that. ;p

Thus, stupidity sells and sells big.

I feel depressed.
Blue Comet

Aegis wrote:Thus, stupidity sells and sells big.
Reason: Common sense isn't exactly common these days.

People can believe almost anything they see on TV. Even if it is Fox... :(
Nagi

My favorite part was where they said 4chan commits racist and anti-Semitic assaults against sites like Habbo Hotel. The whole point behind the Habbo raids was because Habbo were racist and anti-Semitic, and 4chan got jollies pushing their buttons by making black avatars.

I also love the part about the Harry Potter spoilers, because really nobody that doesn't spend copious amounts of time on the internet is going to get the rationale behind that, so they just default to "those poor victimized Potter fans." But if the Harry Potter online fanbase wasn't a bunch of excessively outspoken advocates of pedophilia and other such socially reprehensible garbage (Snape x Harry, etc.), 4chan'd've just let them be.

The MySpace thing...yeah, okay, those were just an unprovoked "hay a bug I can exploit" sort of thing. But for the most part, 4chan's (er, "Anonymous'") actions tend to universally err on the side of baiting and attacking the parts of internet culture that these reporters would've found FAR more reprehensible had they taken the time to dig a little deeper (racists, religious lunatics, furries, emo bloggers, camwhores, and so on).

But then I guess because 4channers are easier to slap a "hacker terrorist" label onto, that was good enough for the mainstream media. :roll: Whatever, this news story gave me my "EPIC LULZ" for the week.
Ryujin

In all fairness, the /i/nvasion board's 420chan territory.

Ah, Fox...you should really stick to comedies. Oh, wait--
Antares

This news was something that I laughed long and hard about yesterday when it was first sent to me. I will not go through all the memes but I am now desperately trying to find the Internets Haet Masheen so I can go be a part of it. :D Indeed epic lulz. :lol:
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Draco Starcloud

Once they started talking about lulz, I just shut it off. They're just posting a bunch of pictures of 4chan and a video of an exploding van they probobly got off of YouTube to scare people into thinking that Hackers are destroying the world.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Nagi wrote: I also love the part about the Harry Potter spoilers, because really nobody that doesn't spend copious amounts of time on the internet is going to get the rationale behind that, so they just default to "those poor victimized Potter fans." But if the Harry Potter online fanbase wasn't a bunch of excessively outspoken advocates of pedophilia and other such socially reprehensible garbage (Snape x Harry, etc.), 4chan'd've just let them be.
Exactly! They make it sound as if its a crime to spoil movies now :roll:
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Haros_Pet_Kat

And this, folks, is why 4chan and Myspace are not good places to hang out.
Exactly! They make it sound as if its a crime to spoil movies now Rolling Eyes
Yeah, but it'll induce public outrage/etc, so...
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
ShadowCell

I wonder how long it will take Keith Olbermann to start using the phrase "truly epic lulz."
wing zero alpha

Haros_Pet_Kat wrote:Yeah, but it'll induce public outrage/etc, so...
I'm sorry, but if spoiling a movie or a book is going to cause riots in the streets, I'm just going to laugh my ass off. It would only confirm all the things I've thought about rabid fanbases over the years.
ShadowCell

I dunno, with all the press Harry Potter has been getting the past couple of weeks, you'd think God had just released a sequel to the Bible or something.

Which would make this all another victory for cosmic irony, now that I think about it.
Heretic

What gets me is the people who seem to be in a panic, thinking that that “Anonymous” is out to get them. The only reason the “Anonymous legion” can do raids and the like is because of their large numbers and the mob mentality. In essence, they all get caught up in the raids and end up doing things or saying things that they wouldn’t normally do under other circumstances. The average “Anonymous” is really just your average person, but give them anonymity and combine them with others…

If you were given the powers of invisibility, would you use them to better all mankind? Or would you use them for bettering your life and the lives of those around you first? Although not exactly the same thing, the internet does offer power through its ability to distribute information, and in how one can remain hidden behind a screen-name.

And Lawl at “Their secret Websites”
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Haros_Pet_Kat

I think everyone wants to bash FOX news, and I do agree that they're pretty ignorant on a lot of things, but if it's true that those people were terrorized, then whoever did that is in the wrong as well, despite how much people like the word "LULZ".
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
Heretic

The thing is, the people dong it only get their “Lulz” when the get a reaction out of the people they’re trying to terrorize. It’s no different from schoolyard bullying, yes it is wrong, but its not global terrorism or hate crimes.

They’re ***holes, not war criminals. Everone has to deal with ***holes at one point or another. Whining on a news channel about them just gives them what they want.

Attention.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!