Gundam SEED movie: Hopes and expectations

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Genocide

jam! wrote:Or maybe that VA is there for a new/unrelated character....
I'm surprised no one brought that up earlier. Or was it specifically stated "Stellar will be in this movie", not just the VA? Because for all we know it could be a flashback scene for Kira involving Fllay, or even something involving Natarle. Hell, didn't Kuwashima even voice a young Rey in a flashback scene?

Edit: Nevermind. Seems ANN has her listed as specifically voicing Stellar. Guess that's the end of speculation there.
jam!

Hopefully it's for a flashback.

However it does seem possible that Shinn will kick the bucket and if so, I'm not enthused unless it's well-done *crosses fingers*
Phantomexe87

I doubt they'll kill Shinn now, if they didn't kill him in Destiny, they sure won't do it now.
flamingtroll

The least they can do is to not reuse animation, and make some interesting fight scenes. I would be happy enough if that is achieved, ignoring anything about stories and characters.
Koshernova

I originally misunderstood this as being a movie remake (not a compilation movie) of the original SEED.

However, upon realising it's actually a sequel, I no longer have much interest.
Nagi

Genocide wrote:Edit: Nevermind. Seems ANN has her listed as specifically voicing Stellar. Guess that's the end of speculation there.
No it's not, because ANN's Encyclopedia is basically built from user contributions. It's like a Wikipedia with stricter fact-checking and whatnot. Some user probably credited Kuwashima to Stella based on an assumption made at Gunota or something, but that doesn't mean it's the final word.
Sabersonic

Well considering that the topic is simply to post what one would hope/wish to see in the upcoming SEED Movie, I'll have to group my hopes, wishes, and expectations in two separate parts since what I ultimately hope to see in the SEED Movie would be completely improbable considering the production staff unless they were going for a really "bat out of nowhere" end to the CE saga.

1. Probable Movie Hopes and Expectation Summary (a.k.a. Mild.)

The movie's central plot is a throwaway villain who manipulates the world into creating an artificial conflict where he/she will be able to take control of the world and enforce his/her version of a perfect and lasting peace. The hero cast are able to confront the chief antagonist, but not before he/she was able to mass enough force/power to make it a difficult task at best. After a long and hard fought battle, the antagonist and his forces are defeated only by the heroic sacrifice of one of the hero cast and the movie ends with the characters reflecting about how the antagonist's plan for ever lasting peace is correct, but the methods were wrong. Then the group unanimously decide to create that version of peace, but this time executing the plan using the "right" way.

1. Improbable Movie Hopes and Expectation Summary (a.k.a. DARK.)

The movie's central plot is a quasi-mystery (to both the characters and the audience) of a mysterious villain to manipulate the world into another war that would end with the fulfillment of the antagonist's vengeance against Orb through it's destruction along with fulfilling his twisted version of an everlasting peace. The hero cast attempt to find who is behind this plot as the body count rises, which includes the death of one or more of the big three and possibly his lady friend. However they are unable to find the hidden puppet master in time to prevent an all out war in which the war related atrocities only begin to mount as the world descends into absolute chaos and hell.

It is only during the climatic final battle and the introduction of a super weapon does the hero cast finally discover that a supposed ally and friend is the mastermind and seek to confront the villain, however again they are unable to act in time to prevent the destruction of Orb among other casualties. The final battle is more of a battle of vengeance then anything else which reduces their number even more until the chief protagonist finally dies by the hands of a slayer hero, but not before taking the slayer hero with him in an explosion that takes both of them out and into their graves. The movie concludes with a ruined earth and civilization hanging by a ever weakening thread due to the actions of the chief antagonist, which apparently is not what he wanted in the end only due to a miscalculation in his plans. The survivors then look onto a ruin world in which peace would have to be placed upon the back burner as priority is shifted towards survival, lamenting on how this could have been prevented if they had only widen their paradigm and made a far better plan in protecting the world then "Fight and oppose those who wish to wage war".

Anyway that's my hopes, wishes, and expectations for the upcoming movie.
Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

"If I had seen farther than others, it has been by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Issac Newton
wing zero alpha

I thought it Houko Kuwashima (Stellar's seiyuu and subsequently Natarle's and Fllay's) had established that she was going reprise her role as Stellar on her personal blog. If she isn't Stellar, then we can safely assume she'll be another character that bites it, making a guiness world record.
NewtypeS3

OpMegs wrote:Half-joking, but I'd like to see the whole "winged space-whales" thing addressed. Given it's supposedly proof of extra-terrestrial sentient life, it'd definitely be an interesting possibility to have an "alien species" as the antagonists. I'm pretty sure that'd be a first for Gundam, as both sides have pretty much always been human, IIRC. And given the tradition of "Star Trek Rubber Forehead Aliens", they could even be relateable. It'd certainly be better than "Earth Alliance/OMNI are racist and evil, Mk. III."
Gundam Seed: Dynamite!
Starring Lacus Clyne, singing to evil space whales bent on breaking our peace and whaling rights!
Guest-starring Nekki Basara!

Seriously, though, I really can't expect much. Certainly, this has potential still... but I can't help but be skeptical after how Destiny turned out.

What I'd like to see is an Astray movie. Or a movie where Shin Asuka gets a main role and doesn't job for some reason. Like Shin's Counter-thrashing - similar to CCA, but without the rock-dropping and with Shin finally getting his revenge for so many things. Maybe with the Astray characters joining in if it fits them.

What I expect is a throwaway-villain, Athrun being wishy-washy, Kira obeying Lacus everything says, Lacus winning in the end with her random Seed modes and speeches that re-phrase what the 'villain' just said...
...and about 5 or 6 new 'GUNDAM' units, one being a Justice knockoff and the other being a Freedom knockoff so Bandai can make more money off the model kits.

However, I've still got some hope out there somewhere.
jam!

I like your idea Sabersonic.

Thinking about it and all the noise made about Seed and Seed Destiny, I honestly don't believe either Bandai or Fukuda or blind enough to ignore it and do the same thing over again. Similar to apparently new elements in Gundam 00, I think we MAY actually see something unexpected with this movie.
SNT1

I doubt that the original good guys (Kira, Athrun, Mwu) will have new MSes. For goodness sakes, these guys weren't scratched save for the Fatum pack (which got replaced at the end of F+). They were on a class of their own, pretty much. What could work, however, is a new designer (plz Katoki) Endless-Waltzing these designs.

It's a reason for Bandai/Sunrise to make money off new kits and not make them even more über than the rest of the field (or in some EW mecha's case, downgraded in a way.)

Destiny and Impulse... they can get upgrades :P
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
J-Lead

SNT1 wrote:I doubt that the original good guys (Kira, Athrun, Mwu) will have new MSes. For goodness sakes, these guys weren't scratched save for the Fatum pack (which got replaced at the end of F+). They were on a class of their own, pretty much. What could work, however, is a new designer (plz Katoki) Endless-Waltzing these designs.
Now there's an approach I could appreciate, considering my dislike for the Strike Freedom's current design.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
jam!

Another good idea there SNT1. I believe the EW redesigns were accepted very well...especially the Wing Zero one. I myself like all of them except Deathsycthe. I think it was better in the TV series.

I'll keep my fingers crossed though..
Heecarl_Reez

If Shinn was "character up"in this movie,probably i will see it..

perhaps,if it like this...(very unlikely..)

-Rey having a magical comeback,wearing a mask,planned something evil...
-Kira lose in the fight
-Destiny having a performance upgrade(if not form,well..The V2 WoL should be enough),Shinn becomes main chara...
-Cliffhanger Ending..and then we got a new Seed TV series...

Hmm,just my dream anyway... :roll:
wing zero alpha

SNT1 wrote:I doubt that the original good guys (Kira, Athrun, Mwu) will have new MSes. For goodness sakes, these guys weren't scratched save for the Fatum pack (which got replaced at the end of F+). They were on a class of their own, pretty much. What could work, however, is a new designer (plz Katoki) Endless-Waltzing these designs.
Yeah, I thought about that myself, and it seems very likely unless the good guys get further upgrades on their hardware (god forbid).
Mwulf

Well, lore-wise ZAFT was able to completely replace their entire mobile suit force with dozens of new models, not to mention develop seven new gundams (and more, I assume, if you add up the various manga and other things I haven't read) in the span of 2 years or so, so it's not entirely unlikely (read: it's very, very likely) that everyone will have brand-spanking new models.

And we also don't know WHEN the movie will take place. Hell, if they just pushed it back ten years or more it would have a lot more potential. Hell, the further away it is from destiny, the more likely it is to be interesting, I think.

And am I the only one here who thought it was supposed to come out THIS summer?
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Phantomexe87

Well, I don't see the point in giving guys like Shinn, Kira, and Athrun new models just for the sake of it, when the mobile suits they have, are already vastly superior to the norm used by either side (good or bad), even in the forseeable future. The Strike Freedom will probably be one of the most powerful MS in CE existence... period. Kind of hard to surpass perfection after all.
Mwulf

Now watch me as I magically twist your words into a slightly different, yet wholly ironic context!

*goes back in time to the end of Seed*

Well, I don't see the point in giving guys like Shinn, Kira, and Athrun new models just for the sake of it, when the mobile suits they have, are already vastly superior to the norm used by either side (good or bad), even in the forseeable future. The Freedom will probably be one of the most powerful MS in CE existence... period. Kind of hard to surpass perfection after all.

....not that hard at all.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
ShadowCell

Phantomexe87 wrote:Well, I don't see the point in giving guys like Shinn, Kira, and Athrun new models just for the sake of it, when the mobile suits they have, are already vastly superior to the norm used by either side (good or bad), even in the forseeable future.
Model kits.

Even if it's just a redesign a la Endless Waltz (because we all know Gundam doesn't retcon enough stuff already!), you can bet there will be new designs, for which there can be made new model kits.
wing zero alpha

ShadowCell wrote:Even if it's just a redesign a la Endless Waltz (because we all know Gundam doesn't retcon enough stuff already!), you can bet there will be new designs, for which there can be made new model kits.
Yeah, which is a big reason why we have all these One Year War MS variations out there. At least in Gundam Wing someone tried to explain the revamp in a manga as an "upgrade" (to the Wing Zero anyway).