Cloverfield

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
solid snake

I'm not sure where some people are getting that this could be a Voltron movie. I saw absolutely nothing in the trailer to support that.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Charismatic Enigma

At this point, it could just about anyone's guess... :roll:
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
yukikaze

solid snake wrote:I'm not sure where some people are getting that this could be a Voltron movie. I saw absolutely nothing in the trailer to support that.
yes, it seens less and less like voltron or any of the other theories. it seems it will be just a giant monster movie from a new point of veiw. when i first saw it before transformers i was like :shock: must see.
then they show the release date of NEXT YEAR, i was like zeez, gotta wait a long time.

either way, it has seriously caught the internets attention, and they didnt even need any viral advertisemants.
razgriz

better to wait til jan than to have to wait til june or july. it strikes me as odd that the film would get released in the typically non blockbuster season. i guess its not as high budget as his other projects.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
wraith1701

Here is a link to a high-quality version of the trailer:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/07/09/ ... ally-hits/
razgriz

the effects seem good. yet another movie that decides to spam the crap of poor NYC. :lol:
(setsuna giggling)
assault gundam

I am 99.9 percent shure that the movie is called Cthulhu.
"The person who said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"
Chris
Administrator

assault gundam wrote:I am 99.9 percent shure that the movie is called Cthulhu.
Seeing as how absolutely no one knows what the title of this movie is, I don't think you can be "99.9 percent sure" of anything. Please don't post things if you don't have proof to back it up.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
yukikaze

its not cthulhu. Cthultu is just one of the many theories for its name. its currently called Cloverfield.
Still waiting on that MG V2 Bandai...
solid snake

Well this is interesting:

Abrams Denies Cloverfield Sites

J.J. Abrams, who is producing the mysterious movie code-named Cloverfield, wrote Ain't It Cool News to deny that he had anything to do with the various Web sites popping up that appear to be viral marketing. The only official Web site is called 1-18-08, a reference to the film's release date and the only identifying information contained in the teaser trailer now playing with Transformers and online.

"Regarding the online stuff you posted: yeah, we're doing some fun stuff on the Web," Abrams wrote. "But, obviously, if the movie doesn't kick some massive ASS, who gives a rat's about what's online? So, as you can imagine, we're focusing mostly on THAT. For what it's worth, the only site of ours that people have even FOUND is the 1-18-08.com site. The others (like the Ethan Haas sites) have nothing to do with us."

Of course, Abrams has taken part in previous online campaigns of which he has disavowed knowledge, such as the so-called Lost Experience of last summer, an alternate-reality game that ultimately offered backstory on the ABC SF series.
razgriz

Liar! JJ Abrams why must you lie to us :evil: next thing you know hes going to deny he's making another star trek movie which may either revitalize or wreck the franchise
(setsuna giggling)
assault gundam

Yes I know, I kind of scrood up. Right now it is codenamed cloverfield
"The person who said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"
solid snake

Well it turns out the Ethan Haas sites really aren't connected with this movie.

Cloverfield Sites Clarified

Ain't It Cool News has confirmed that the various "Ethan Haas" Web sites are unrelated to J.J. Abrams' upcoming top-secret monster movie, code-named Cloverfield.

Rather, they are connected with an upcoming game called Alpha Omega by Mindstorm Labs, the site reported.

Meanwhile, another mysterious Web site, ostensibly for a Japanese drink called Slusho, has appeared, with possible clues to the film, Advertising Age reported.

The "Slusho" name appears on a T-shirt in the Cloverfield trailer, which screened with prints of Transformers. Whether it's a fluke or germane is anyone's guess, the trade publication reported.
Red Terror

JJ Abrams will probably not pick up Voltron (due to the fact that it's not his idea and he couldn't work with it). It's defintely a monster movie and it's been speculated that it's going to be named "Parasite" and feature a large slug like creature. I have no idea if there's any biasis behind this claim, but it's 100% certain that it's not going to be Voltron due to the fact that Voltron has not been picked up by any director with no cast, etc. Let's hope that "parasite" isn't as confusing and question-causing as Lost.
"Grab the oppurtunities that life hands you; those are the words I live by." - Char Anzable
razgriz

giant slug? eh, i guess it could be worse :?
(setsuna giggling)
solid snake

Abrams Unveils Cloverfield Poster

J.J. Abrams unveiled the full poster, showing a smoking headless Statue of Liberty against a ruined Manhattan skyline, for his upcoming unnamed monster movie codenamed Cloverfield on July 26 at Comic-Con International in San Diego.

"I want a monster movie," Abrams told a crowd of more than 6,000 in the San Diego Convention Center. "I want a great monster movie. ... We need our own monster. ... We love Godzilla. But I wanted something that was just insane and intense."

Abrams, co-creator of ABC's Lost and director of Mission: Impossible III and the upcoming Star Trek, offered few details about the mysterious movie, whose handheld-video trailer debuted in movie theaters along with Transformers earlier this month. (He also dismissed an Internet rumor that the film would be called Monstrous.) But he said the movie is still in production and also promised to reveal the film's full trailer, the film's name and the final poster in coming months. The movie has a release date of Jan. 18, 2008.

Well that makes it sound like it won't be a Godzilla movie.

The poster.

Also, the Slusho website might hold some clues regarding the film.
mr.blonde

in mi opinion.
its just another of those boring movies about an invasion/monster destroying the united states.
its 80% to be true.
razgriz

serious wake in that water there, although i cant help but feel that somehow this thing is going to look reptilian, not godzilla, but godzilla-ish
(setsuna giggling)
Nagi

mr.blonde wrote:its just another of those ... movies about an invasion/monster destroying the united states.
Um, yeah, that's pretty much been common knowledge all along. The difference here is that it's going to be done all "Blair Witch" style with camcorders, apparently done from a civilian perspective (as opposed to most giant monster movies, where the main character is some brilliant scientist or military type at the center of the conflict, who concocts the brilliant plot contrivance that kills the monster).
OpMegs

I'm honestly really curious about this movie. The trailer before Transformers was kinda creepy in its minimalism, which appealed to me. That, and whoever composed the sound effect of what I think is the creature's roar/howl/whatever really knew how to make it seem....I dunno. All I know is that I'll probably see this one based on that trailer alone, good or bad.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)