Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 Question

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 Question

I don't know why I can't find the old SRW Alpha 3 thread (actually I sort of do, I assume it was deleted recently). Anyway, I'm currently nearing the end of Kusuha's route on SRW @3, and was thinking about which route I was going to start on after I finished Kusuha's, so I ask: who appears in each route?

From the little speach things with the characters when you select end game after saving your map progress on in the map menu thing, I know that Seolla and Arad, as well as a trio of female pilots are in the game, with the trio being available after you beat all four routes, and Arad and Seolla being on one of the other routes. So, which Banpresto original characters appear on which routes? And does the SRX Team appear on all of the different routes? I believe I saw a Youtube movie of Cobray's route in @3 that had the Banpreios introduction scene with Hazar and the SRX Team, so I assume they are in all of the routes.
CyborgZeta

- The SRX Team appears on all routes.
- Zengar and Ratsel appear on all routes.
- Arado and Seolla only appear on Cobray's route.
- Ibis, Sleigh, and Tsugumi only appear on Selena's route.
- Viletta appears on all routes.
My Anime/Manga stats.
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
Shinji103

Thanks.

So nobody unique/special to Touma's route appears there?

And who are Ibis, Sleigh, and Tsugumi? (sorry, I'm not as knowledgeable on SRW originals as I'd like to be, lol ^^; )
Blue Comet

Those 3 are part of Project TD from Original Generation 2 :wink:

Not sure if they were in the Alpha games before 3...
Mark064

Each route in Alpha 3 follows one of the Alpha 2 routes.

Cobray's route follows Arado.
Touma's route follows Zengar.
Selena's route follows Ibis.
Kusuha's route follows Kusuha.

Zengar is the only character that appears in all 4 routes but he appears earlier in Touma's.

If you get 100% on the scenario chart then you get a level where all the original characters appear. There is a glitch that happens too where you can get all the original characters to appear in a new route after that too.
Bright Noa

Blue Comet wrote:Those 3 are part of Project TD from Original Generation 2 :wink:

Not sure if they were in the Alpha games before 3...
They were also in Alpha 2, along with Sleigh's brother Filio, who gets killed in that game from Ibis pulling off an expert level and dangerous maneuvers, the GrAMXs. (@2 spoilers at end of sentence)
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Blue Comet

Mark064 wrote:If you get 100% on the scenario chart then you get a level where all the original characters appear. There is a glitch that happens too where you can get all the original characters to appear in a new route after that too.
:shock: I was actually unaware of that one...
Shinji103

One more question here: what's the required skill to use the Ideon's Infinite Weaponry??!! All it says is "????" for the required skill in the Ideon weapons stats unlocked when I complete the Ideon guage. >.>
Kuruni

Shinji103 wrote:One more question here: what's the required skill to use the Ideon's Infinite Weaponry??!! All it says is "????" for the required skill in the Ideon weapons stats unlocked when I complete the Ideon guage. >.>
1st: Ide Guage must be shining (just keep Ideon fight, but don't lets it kill anything, block or evade if need).
2nd: For normal Ideon Sword/Gun, Ideon's HP must be lower than 50%
3rd: For MAP weapons, Ideon HP must be lower than 25%
4th: certain will also need

I suggest you to upgrade Ideon's HP and armor, but leave EN and agility as it is. Cosmo is incredible good at dodging when he has low HP (and Ideon has infinite EN once the guage shine). You may even need some service from allies's MAP weapon (Wing Zero's seem to be the best). Don't worry about Ideon get hit at low HP, if the guage is high enough, it will activate Ide Barrier which is good defensive ability.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mark064

You can go here and scroll down a bit to the Ideon Guage part and see the specific requirement for each Ideon Guage level and what not. I always found it best to accel Ideon straight into the enemies. Attacking back isn't bad because getting attacked is +2 while killing is +1. Blocking or evading still give you a +2 but what you really want is lower HP and blocking or evading will prevent that.
Shinji103

Grrr, I keep forgetting my questions that I had in mind when I made this thread. >.>

Anyway, do a mech's stat upgrades carry on to the upgraded mech? (given there is an upgraded mech to get) For example, if you upgrade the Gao Gai Gar's stats, do those same upgrades carry on to the Gao Figh Gar when you get it, then the Genesic Gao Gai Gar? I had my Nu Gundam upgraded guite a ways and noticed that the Hi Nu Gundam was upgraded exactly as much as the Nu when I got it.
CyborgZeta

Yes, upgrades to certain mechs will carry on to their respective upgraded forms.
My Anime/Manga stats.
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
Mark064

Click my link there is a carry over list there right there.
Shinji103

Instead of making another thread, decided to use this old one. Story-ish question, so be readers be careful of spoilers to be safe.

Early in the game on Cobray's route, after Arad hooks back up with the Alpha Numbers, he's telling Seolla about what he's been doing since the end of @2. He mentions two people who helped him out or something like that, and when Seolla is about to say their names, Arad tells her not to. Maybe my @2 knowledge is hazy, but who was he talking about?
Homeless

Seabook and Cecily, who opened up a bakery.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Shinji103

Homeless wrote:Seabook and Cecily, who opened up a bakery.
Oh.

Huh, for some reason, that never crossed my mind, even though I knew Crossbone Gundam was in @2. The way Arad made it sound like it was some big secret or something, I thought it was something bigger than that. Thanks, lol.
Kuruni

It's somewhat of secrecy, Cecily and Seabook want to live as commoner for the rest of their life.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Wingnut

Kuruni wrote:It's somewhat of secrecy, Cecily and Seabook want to live as commoner for the rest of their life.
It basically reflects the ending of the CB manga where they leave the GB in other hands and go off to live a normal life together.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Shinji103

Yup, back with more questions. ^^b

Anyway, I know that there are three possible endings to @3. Or so Wiki says. I know that there are at least two endings, the normal ending and the Ideon ending. (yeah, anybody who knows about the Ideon series knows that the term "Ideon ending" cannot mean a good ending ^^b ) Wiki says there's also a Gunbuster ending. So how do you get the other two endings?

I'm pretty sure the ending I've gotten so far is the normal ending. I found a secrets guide that says to get the Ideon ending, you have to opt to fight the Buff Clan in stage 41 just after the route split ends, then take the Ideon's route in the next route split and get level 5 or higher on the Ideon guage on one of those stages. I have no idea how to get the Gunbuster ending, if it exists. (the reason I have doubts about the Gunbuster ending is because on the scenario chart, it shows that there are only two different versions of the final stage)

EDIT: Grrr, forgot the second question I had again. >.> In @2, combo attacks used when two or more mechs are brought together, such as the Goldion Hammer, are increased in power by upgrading both units' weapon slots. Does this carry on over into @3 as well? I.e., if I power up Goldymarg's weapon slot, would it increase the power of the Goldion Hammer, as well as the Goldion Crusher, more than if I powered up just the Gao Gai Gar's weapon slot?
Mark064

I have never heard about a Gunbuster ending but I can tell you about the rest. It all depends on the ammount of skill points you have at the end. If you have 57 skill points and be at less then 420 turns by the end of scenario 59 you get the good ending if you don't you get the normal ending. My only guess is that the normal ending is the Gunbuster ending. I don't remember clearly but I think you were shot foward in time or something. But I still wouldn't really call that a Gunbuster ending as you still fight the bosses just less of them. Not getting shot into the future and game over.