Battlestar Galactica

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Nimrod wrote:It now appears that the upcoming 4th season will be the last one.

http://tv.yahoo.com/battlestar-galactic ... tlestar_dc
Not surprising to me at all. The way they ended season three, it was quite clear that they weren't going to make the series much longer, what with Starbuck saying she found earth and four major/large characters among the fleet revealed to be Cylons.
Antares

Time for necromancy! :)
Anyone seen Razor yet, and if yes, was it any good? Not that much longer to wait now, that is, if the WGA strike doesn't affect Galactica 4th season production... I plan to watch the third season again over the Christmas holidays to put me back in the groove.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
MrMarch

Word has already come down; 4th season will be split in two due to the WGA strike.

I've seen everything up to the end of Season 3. I like to watch stuff in whole batches, so I haven't seen any of the webisodes or the Rzor movie yet. But if they are anything like the first three seasons, they'll be great.
The Big Zabowski

Razor airs this saturday in America on Sci-fi. As for the episodes, they will only be available over the air for now.

Why?

Because, NBC/Universal bailed on iTunes over price and DRM issues. Thusly, they've moved to a new upstart player site which they coincidentally own a large stake in.

www.hulu.com

It's aparently free, with some premium stuff that will cost some greenbacks if you want it. Otherwise, it's where NBC/Universal is dumping their shows after their fall out with Apple. Basically, it's NBCs Youtube killer.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
MrMarch

Given the start of season 4 in April, this video summarizing the entire series in 8 minutes has been making the rounds on the net. It's hilarious with a lot of funny lines. Listen carefully, cause it goes fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4DUraGnEMk

:)
Recon 5

Umm... whats with the post chain? You'd better use the edit button next time, snake.
His Divine Shadow

New (and final) season starts April 4.

Razor was full of win.
"If you ask me," said the little man to Shadow, "you're something of a monster. Am I right?"
"I'm American," said Shadow, "if that's what you mean." - Neil Gaiman
Nimrod

His Divine Shadow wrote: Razor was full of win.
Indeed it was. It was cool to see the Old-style Cylons again and I really hope they pop up in season 4. I was kinda bummed that Shaw didn't stick aorund but it wouldn't make sense given where Razor fit into the over all BSG timeline.

Season 4 has me somewhat worried as I'm starting to think that the writer's may have put themselves into a bit of a corner with the overall story and might have trouble getting out. Then again, I felt the same about the end of season one and season 2 proved me wrong so I'm hoping this will be the same here.
solid snake

Recon 5 wrote:Umm... whats with the post chain? You'd better use the edit button next time, snake.
That was from when I had first joined and wasn't very familiar with the rules. Chris reminded me about the edit button.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Recon 5

Sorry. I must have been looking at page one when I clicked 'reply'.
MrMarch

I was about to say, that's from last year dude. Statute of limitations has long since passed :)
Wingnut

Well. Starbuck's back, claims she's been to Earth, and in her mind has only been gone 6 hours when to everyone else she's been dead for two months. Not to mention the pristine Viper and the whole "We're going the wrong way!" bit that has now led to her pointing a gun as Royslin's head.
Plus the usual bits with the supposed Final Five and Baltar's shenanigans make for a good season opener.

Any other thoughts?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
RedShirt0909

It went very well, I thought. Right now I'm wondering how long the 4 revealed of the Final Five can stay covert until they get made. And Starbuck... well, I'm pretty sure she's not a Cylon, but I have no idea what she is. And I must say that the end of this episode was almost as much of a cliffhanger as the end of last season. I frankly can't wait to see where this goes.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
Antares

Same here. My thoughts on Razor were that it was good, gave a lot of interesting background to old stuff, but unfortunately predictable in the sense that you knew how it would have to fit into the main plot; i.e. you knew who wasn't around in the series itself. Did give hints though. :P

The opening was pretty good, keeping me hooked quite well again. The Balter bit was priceless, the man just seems to inspire something between crazy and surreal around him where ever he goes. He is still one of my favorite characters. Starbuck, on the other hand, is still a big question, as doubtlessly to many others. One more tickling point though; every time they talked about Cylons and then panned over to Tigh & co., it was somehow crudely funny. Especially Starbuck telling Anderson he can expect a third eye in the forhead from her. :) "What Cylons, who, us?"
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
MrMarch

Good episode. This is a fine opening to season 4. There's plenty of tense drama and the action was fantastic. Starbuck being a Cylon is way too obvious to be true, IMO. I really liked Tigh's waking dream at command and control. It was very creepy. And dear Gaius; the guy has more harems than dedicated anime :)

It's great to finally see BSG back in action.
Jack

Starbuck won't be a Cylon, it's far too obvious. I'd say Roslin's out too, unless Cylons can get human diseases too. I don't think it'll be Baltar either, he's more likely to be the prophet than the deity. The great thing will be the moment we find out who it is, and it'll be ridiculously obvious on looking back.

Did anyone else get the impression that while the season was delayed they spent the time making the effects look even better? It might just have been a season opener splurge, but the space battle looked utterly glorious.
razgriz

tv space battles have gotten a lot better as a whole since the star trek days, i think star trek deep space 9's later series space battles had a lil something to do with that even the engagements in stargate border on star warsy now. which i see no problem with :wink:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Jack

The Cylon civil war is going to be fantastic. I wonder if the Centurions will remain loyal to the Twos, Sixes and Eights, or if they'll break off and fight against all Humanoid Cylons.
The Big Zabowski

Well, not only do we get the beginings of a Cylon Civil War, but we get Space Pirate Captain Starbuck to boot.

Whee!

It may be a Sewage Scow, but it's a ship nonetheless.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

So here I am, watching the end of the latest episode as Cally takes Nick through the halls of the ship after knocking out Tyrol, and I'm thinking "Oh god, she's gone 'School Days' on us." Lo-and-behold, she makes her way to the launch bay and prepares to airlock herself and her kid when what's=her-name (never caught her name) comes in, and I'm like "Yes, she'll talk her out of it!" Instead, she takes the kid and "School Days"-s Cally through the launch tube.

Huh.

Wow.

Yeah, I'm a bit too stunned by that last part to properly display my shock and surprise. :shock:

And next week, we've got the preview saying "All will be reavealed." Yikes.