Top Ten Favorite Gundam Series List

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Anonymous

Top Ten Favorite Gundam Series List

Please rank your favorite Gundam series in a top ten count down format.
Votes will be tallied and the list below will reflect the changes.
*Note: Movies do not count. Just OVAs and TV Series. If a tally puts the list over, then a series with that tally score or lower will not be listed.

1)Mobile Suit Gundam
1)New MS Report Gundam Wing
2)Mobile Suit Gundam: The 8th MS Team
2)Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: The War in Pocket
2)Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
2)Mobile Suit Gundam: Seed
3)Mobile Suit Gundam: Victory
3)Turn-A Gundam
4)Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
4)After War: Gundam X
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Anonymous

Here is mine

1) Turn A
2) Victory
3) Zeta
4) Mobile Suit Gundam
5) 8th MS Team
6) Stardust Memory
7) Gundam Seed
8) Gundam X
9) Double Zeta
10) Gundam Wing
ShadowCell

01 - Gundam X

A shame it got cancelled. Despite plodding story and a lot of characters getting fairly shafted on development, X at least wasn't filled with gloomy bishounen like Wing and SEED. It had some mecha designs that, although obviously based on old MSG designs and Wing Gundam designs, managed to be interesting and likable. Of all the AU superweapons, the satellite cannon was probably the fairest, considering all the hoops you had to jump through to get it to work, and instead of making token gestures to Newtypes, it actually addressed the Newtype thing and came up with a convincing enough answer despite its cancellation. And X managed to come up with the Frost brothers, the best villains in Gundam ever. They didn't have any lofty philosophy or ambitions for power. They just wanted revenge on the world. At the very least, they had the coolest entrance of any Gundam villain ever.

02 - War in the Pocket

By far the best UC production, because instead of wangsty Newtypes and ace pilots all over the place, its main characters were an obnoxious kid, a young and ill-trained rookie, and a test pilot who really wasn't that great a pilot when push came to shove. It didn't portray one side as all evil and one side as all good, nor did it simply reverse the "Zeon = evil, Federation = good" ethic of previous shows. Zeon had guys like Bernie and the Cyclops Team, who were doing their job and were likable characters, but their job just happened to be blowing up a Gundam in a secret base and this seemed to lead to a lot of people getting killed. But then Zeon had guys like Killing, who had no trouble icing his commander and ordering his men to nuke Side 6 if they didn't surrender the Gundam. Meanwhile, the Federation had its secret base in a neutral colony, bringing the Zeons and all the grief Misha's Kaempfer attack brought with it. But the Federation also had people like Chris, who were just doing their jobs and their jobs just happened to be testing a secret Gundam in a military base that happens to be hidden in a neutral colony. It was a virtually insignificant part of the One Year War that still ended up packing an emotional punch. Not even Zeta and Victory managed to be this sad.

03 - Zeta Gundam

War in the Pocket might be the best UC story, but Zeta finishes with a respectable third. A strong plot, interesting characters, and an ending that wasn't all roses and sunshine. Plus, it had Paptimus Scirocco and Basque Om, two villains I like for the same reasons I like Darth Vader?no matter how much you know you're supposed to hate them, you can't, because they're so damn good at being evil. And unlike Vader, Basque doesn't repent in the end and throw Jamitov down a big hole.

04 - Victory Gundam

Another impressive UC entry, which, despite all its goofy moments, had probably one of the most realistic potrayals of war ever to be found in Gundam. Plus, it's got Uso Irving, Lord Master of all Pimps. Not even Scirocco can match Uso, mostly because Scirocco is not a cute innocent-looking little boy. Unfortunately, in its pursuit of a realistic portrayal of war, the constant killings lessened the impact of the deaths. It's sort of hard to mourn for the Shrikes, they practically had countdowns on their foreheads.

05 - Mobile Suit Gundam

The one that started it all, how could it not be on here? It gets bumped down this far for not quite abandoning the super robot touches, though, so it always felt like it was trying to be "real robot" and "super robot" at the same time.

06 - G Gundam

Ah, G Gundam, I love you so. A show that managed to turn all of Gundam on its head and still stay true to the whole Gundam theme of "war sucks and this is why," so no matter what those stupid 0083 fanboys say about you "not being realistic," they can all go to hell, you still rock. It'd just have been nice if the Devil Gundam's cronies had put up a better fight.

07 - Endless Waltz

Although it corrected some flaws in Wing and gave the five Gundam pilots something of a backstory (Episode Zero did too, but that giant angstfest was fairly hard to stomach), Endless Waltz still seemed to suffer from having what should have been a six-episode or even thirteen-episode OVA railroaded into three episodes. And, uh, hey, Mr Katoki, you should've left the Gundams alone, man. The Serpent was nice. Even the new and improved Heavyarms was nice. But if you were going to redesign the Gundams, did you have to make them weaker? I think Quatre misses having more weapons to work with than a pair of oversized steak knives.

08 - Gundam Wing

It had potential, and it had its moments. If nothing else, if you completely shut off your brain and absorb yourself in the explosions and Gundams blowing stuff up, it's highly entertaining. It's especially entertaining if you have the fast forward button ready. Wing's writing was pretty bad, but it's good for mindless entertainment, so if your body and soul are melting over summer vacation and you need something to keep your seasonally short attention span happy, Wing's your thing. It did introduce me to Gundam in general, and for that, I will never forgive it. ;_;

09 - Gundam SEED

Like Wing, SEED too had potential, though it happily squandered it in the first half with a plodding story deeply reminsicient of Mobile Suit Gundam, flashbacks, and TM Revolution butting in to recap everything while spying on girls in showers and pimping a new song. It picked up from about episode 29 to around episode 46, taking more or less its own path, before its rushed ending fell apart.

10 - Stardust Memory

Could have been better. It did its job in setting up the rise of the Titans, though it did a whole lot of retconning I could have lived without and packed in more overrated Katoki mecha. Of the three main characters, Anavel Gato wound up being my favorite by default, primarily because I had already read kishiria's fanfiction about him before watching the OVA, so I went in with different conceptions of him. Nina, however, was as obnoxious in the OVA as she was in kishiria's fanfics, so I wasn't surprised there. And I was really hoping for Gato to run the Neue Ziel into the Dendrobium and kill Kou, instead of randomly kamikaze-ing a Salamis. You know you've got an annoying character on your hands when you've got the audience rooting for the other guy to kill the protagonist, even while the other guy is dropping a colony on the Earth. However, the OVA did have one saving grace?Eiphar Synapse. A Feddy officer who's not that bad at what he does and bucks orders from Basque "Human Rights Violation on Legs" Om himself. Now that takes cajones.

Have not seen Turn A, ZZ, or 08th MS Team, so I can't comment on them.
Last edited by ShadowCell on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nagi

No movies...damn. Char's Counterattack and the Mobile Suit Gundam trilogy would easily be top ranking titles...

But alas.

Note: These top three could really be put in...pretty much any order. They're pretty much my all-time favourite Gundam titles, and on any given day I might have one or two microns more preference for one over the other, only to have that preference shift with the wind (one day it may go SEED/Zeta/08th, and the next it may go Zeta/08th/SEED). Also, sorry for being so verbose, but I just can't list titles without explaining why they're there.

1. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED - A shiny, pop-centric remix of Gundam to be sure, but I personally felt it had some rather impressive character development (and some impressive mobile suit designs) for a series made in that mindset. Not to mention it gets props for jumpstarting my Gundam fanfare after a fairly lengthy dry spell. Might also be worth noting that my preference for SEED is somewhat tainted by the Astray series and MSV material, which have greatly enhanced my appreciation for the root series.

2. Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - A predictable choice, yes, but for good reason. One of the few sequels that eclipses the original, in my opinion. The reasons should be obvious; great story, memorable characters, yadda yadda yadda (although personally I think the execution of some of the character development fell kinda flat, but that seems to be a recurring thing in Gundam, so...no offense, of course, just pointing out is all). Also features my all-time favourite UC Gundam character?Haman Khan?at her finest, so it gets points for that, as well.

3. Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team - The best of the UC sidestories, with the strongest cast and best atmosphere. Probably the closest we'll ever get to Gundam being depicted as a realistic war story, rather than an epic science fiction space opera. Also one of the few Gundam romances that was both likable and didn't end tragically (hey now, a happy ending is good once in a while ;) ).

4. Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory - Mostly ranks so high for lack of movies on the list, and the fact that I have yet to finish any series that would likely outrank it in full. Not to say I dislike 0083, though. In fact, if it weren't for the three lead characters (Kou, Nina, Gato) being so damned annoying and childlike, this show might genuinely earn a fourth place, as I absolutely adore the plot and supporting cast. Cima, Monsha, Burning, Delaz, Chuck, all great characters in my opinion, and I love how heavy into Gundam's political atmosphere this series gets.

5. Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: The War in the Pocket - Great drama, a unique spin in seeing Gundam from a civilian standpoint, solid, solid, solid. Just...not enough to put it up there in the top rankings for me. Though it does get credit for having more favourite mobile suit designs, proportionally, than any other Gundam series out there. Just about every suit here could be considered a personal favourite of mine: the Alex, the K?empfer, the Gelgoog J?eger, the Hygogg, and even the revised designs on the Zaku II, Rick Dom, and Z-Gok.

6. Mobile Suit Gundam - Would likely be ranked higher had I actually been able to finish it. Got up to Duel in Texas before Cartoon Network pulled it. :( The classic that started it all, of course it's gonna be a winner. Sacrifices some balance to the storytelling for extra plot information and character development (as opposed to the movie sacrificing pacing and extra information for a more streamlined story), but solid all the same.

7. After War Gundam X - This series will almost certainly rank higher once I finish watching it (only about halfway in at this point), but for now it places at a respectable seventh. Loving the cast (c'mon, Garrod just plain rocks), and liking the mobile suit designs more than I thought I would. Just a shame the animation quality couldn't be better.

8. Turn-A Gundam - Pretty much in the same boat as Gundam X. It's 99% assured to rank much higher once I finish it. I love the added focus on the characters over showcasing flashy mobile suit/toy tie-ins, and the unique approach in virtually all aspects (non-angsty cast, unorthodox mobile suits, pseudo-early-twentieth century setting) is carried off exceptionally well thus far.

9. Mobile Suit Gundam: MS IGLOO - Too short for its own good, but I liked what I saw. A Gundam series solidly from a Zeon perspective for once (as opposed to a civilian perspective with a Zeon mobile suit pilot as his bestest buddy), and a fascinating look into just how messed up and chaotic Zeon's weapons development process really was. Also, much better CG animation than I usually see come out of Japan, even if it is still a little stiff and jerky at times.

10. New MS Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz - The tenth spot was very much a virtual tie between G Gundam and Endless Waltz, but I figure G Gundam will have no small amount of mention and commentary from others, so I figured I'd chip in for Endless Waltz here. As much as I dislike Wing, Endless Waltz was actually really good by comparison. The problematic character and plot development were well masked (and even outright improved) by the quicker pace and shorter runtime of Endless Waltz, and the mobile suit designs were vast improvements. A bit over the top, yes, but still more dynamic and eyecatching and impressive than what I personally thought to be the immensely dull and uninspired Wing designs. Hell, for once I actually found myself liking a grunt unit from the After Colony timeline (something I never thought I'd do, but hey, the Serpent grew on me).
v_zubko

1) Zeta: Both sides are likable, main character actually acts professional, Katz dies.
2) Victory: Selfless heroics actually get pilots killed.
3) SD: SD Yazan
4) 0083: No whiny kids
5) 0080: Just about everyone that should have died, did.
6) MSG: Brat Pack lives
7) Turn-A: Kill 'em All deficiency
8) G-Gundam: War>>Tournament, and the ending lacked realism.
9) ZZ: far too pro feddie
0) 08th MS: To many characters that weren't executed for treason or killed in combat.
Genocide

1) Zeta Gundam
I know this one's in the top five on most people's lists, but I can't help it. It's actually one of the first Gundam series I've watched, though it was through terrible HK subs. Even so, I was captivated by the characters, the plot and the gritty representation of war in this classic. Not only is Zeta Gundam my favorite Gundam series, but it's my favorite anime, period.

2) Turn A Gundam
My second favorite Gundam series, and ironically also my second favorite anime. Turn A, if anything, was the exact opposite of Zeta. However, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Turn A had, in my opinion, excellent mecha (even if several are recycled) and the characters were all likeable. From the sorrowful yet strong-willed Dianna Soriel to the insane but devoted Corin Nander. The plot was great, and actually managed to tie up a lot of other Gundam universes quite well. The ending was also satisfying, particularly when compared to most other shows.

3) Victory Gundam
This is what the sequal to Zeta should have been. Personally, I enjoyed ZZ, but it pales in comparison to Victory. Although I never cared much for most of the characters, many of the deaths were still quite dramatic. Victory Gundam was truly depressing, in a good way - if that makes sense. The fact that a 13 year old boy is put through so much alone is enough to know why Tomino himself disproves of this anime. The ending in particular is why I really fell in love with this series. Despite not caring about the characters through the majority of the story, I actually began to sympathize with them near the end. Also, I loved the Zanscare MS and the plot itself was quite interesting, to say the least.

4) G Gundam
One of the major aspects of G that I found attractive was its originality. Actually, a few years ago, that same originality would make me twitch in disgust whenever I heard the opening theme on TV. However, after actually giving the series a chance my opinion changed completely. Despite not involving a large scale war, G Gundam still managed to demonstrate drama and trigger emotions just as well as other Gundam shows, if not better. Plot and character developments were also excellent, particularly near the end.

5) Gundam SEED
This was one of the first AU shows that I actually enjoyed the first time through (unlike G, which took a few episodes to get used to). Although the first half was pretty much a carbon copy of the original MSG, it managed to follow it's own path after a while. It was alo quite dramatic near the end, but some of the drama was watered down due to too much character shielding. Had there not been so many recaps and stock footage, I would have ranked SEED higher.

6) Mobile Suit Gundam
The original, and even after all these years it's still awesome. I watched the trilogy movie shortly before starting Zeta Gundam, just so I'd have a general idea of the plot and character backgrounds beforehand. I kind of regret not having watched the actual episodes at the time, since many things were cut from the movies. However, I did manage to finish the series some time ago, and aside from the dub I liked what I saw.

7) Char's Counterattack
CCA is one of those love it or hate it type movies. Many people are turned off by the ending, though personally I think it's quite fitting. I do question certain parts of it, though (particularly why the Neo Zeon troops would help push Axis). However, the battles were all extremely well animated and the MS designs were all superb in my opinion. The sound effects and music were also well palced. The ending is kind of open ended, since we don't know for certain what happened to Char and Amuro. Though, since this isn't Fukuda's work, I'm sure we won't see them miraculously reappear in a sequal.

8) 08th MS Team
9) MS IGLOO
10) Gundam 0080

I'll fill out reasons for the other choices later when I have time.
Last edited by Genocide on Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Strike Zero

Unfortunatly, I haven't seen some of the series, so I'll the ones that i have seen.

1. Endless Waltz -- Awesome mobile suits, good animation, and pretty good storyline make it the best gundam production I've seen.

2. Gundam SEED -- This would have been number one, if only the english translation had been better. Other than that, it was pretty good.

3. Stardust Memory -- THE best side story to UC if you ask me. The final battle has got to be one of the best ever in gundam.

4. War in the Pocket -- Not as much combat, but still one of the best storylines in gundam

5. Mobile Fighter G Gundam -- I'll admit, quite a few bits were corny, but this series was awesome. I always got a rush when Domon went into super mode an unleashed his Shining finger 8)

7. 08th MS Team -- The story was pretty good, but some of the best mobile suit combat to date.

8. Mobile Suit Gundam -- By the time I saw it, the artwork was way under par. But you have to admit, the first gundam did it right.

9. Gundam Wing -- The first gundam series I ever saw. Looking back now, I realize that this series could have used a bit more work in some areas. Good, but not great.
Char The Red Comet

1) Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
2) Turn A Gundam
3) Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in Pocket
4) Mobile Suit Gundam: Victory
5) Mobile Suit Gundam
6) After War: Gundam X
7) Mobile Suit Gundam: The 8th MS Team
8 )Char's Counterattack
9) Mobile Fighter G Gundam
10)Mobile Suit Gundam Double Zeta
Last edited by Char The Red Comet on Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Why must we fight amongst each othe and further pollute the earth?'

-Char Aznaple
Anonymous

1. Turn A Gundam (excellent plot and compelling characters)
2. Victory Gundam (brutal warfare, sincere characters, and funny/odd moments)
3. After War: Gundam X (newtype explanation & Frost brothers)
4. Zeta Gundam (brutal warfare and its good to see some of the old greats)
5. Gundam 0080: War in The Pocket (great ms design and tragic characters)
6: Mobile Suit Gundam (the original)
7: Gundam 08th MS Team (gritty feeling and the apsalus)
8. Gundam SEED Destiny (interesting ideas marred by terrible writing)
9. Gundam SEED (great action with a lot of boring & annoying charaters)
10. Gundam Wing (great action.......and ugh introduced me to Gundam)
liurules

1. War in the pocket
2. War in the pocket
3. War in the pocket
4. War in the pocket
5. War in the pocket

i just love the drama.....chris was so hot......
i wish they can make a sequel abt Al becoming a mobile suit polit in U.C. 0090s but too bad Amuro n Char came out again took all the spotlights...
alerith

1.Zeta. Love the story and most of the mecha designs.
2.MSG. Can't knock the one that started it all.
3.Stardust Memory. Great animation, plot, and gundam designs.
4.War in the Pocket. Great story.
5. Gundam X. Overall nice anime.
6.Gundam Wing. Awesome gundam designs, great action, horrid characters.
7.08th MS Team. Fun seeing the war from a different perspective.
8.SEED. Meh, it was better than G Gundam.
9.G Gundam. Great *primary* Gundam designs, i.e. Shining, God, Rising, Nobel, Dragon, even Rose and some others... but, horrid story. I wish I never watched episode 50 and just pretended I knew how it ended.
10.ZZ Gundam. I enjoyed a fair portion of it... And its still better than Turn A or Victory. Flame if you must, but a boy in a loincloth piloting a giant man with a moustache and a 9-year old who wins a war by himself don't make good animes. And 'by himself' I mean everyone else that ever participated in the war dies.
Ceallach

1. V Gundam. A story dramtically different in feel from all of the others. Full characters, rich story. Junya Ishigaki. Hajime Katoki. V2 Gundam.

2. Mobile Suit Gundam. What more can one say?

3. Zeta. Overrated? Sure. But great in both its forms.

4. 08th MS Team. If I didn't hate the ending so much, it would be #2. So grim and gritty and harsh feeling.

5. 0080. Again, just wonderfully different. Touching, gripping story.

6. F-91. I'm sorry, I <3 the hell out of it.

7. Gundam ZZ. Hated on, but I love it. Fun characters, gripping, sometimes silly. But good. And Haman.

8. IgLoo. Not done, I know, but still I enjoy every little morsel of it. Beautiful and so cool.

9. Turn A. Very cool series. I love the aesthetics. Very intriguing storyline. Just awesome.

10. Char's Counterattack. Great moive. Only reason it isn't higher is how unsettling it feels to me. Too short. And Char and Amuro going up in flames in the atmosphere makes me sadface.
Fritz Ashlyn

1. Mobile Suit Gundam (this and Zeta switch depending on my mood)
2. Zeta Gundam
3. 0083
4. ZZ Gundam (yes, bite me)
5. 0080
6. Blue Destiny
7. The 08th MS Team
8. Char's Counterattack
9. G Gundam (again, bite me)
10. Uh... SD Gundam?
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
HiZaku

1. Zeta Gundam
2. Gundam Wing
3. G Gundam
4. Endless Waltz
5. Turn A Gundam
6. Gundam X
7. Mobile Suit Gundam
8. Victory Gundam
9. 0080
10. Char's Counter Attack
DEARKA: (Interrupts with a laugh) Calm down, Yzak.
YZAK: (Angry) That’s what you always **** say!
DEARKA: (Laughs) I guess I do always say that.
Kokopelli

1) Turn A - Showing that Gundam can be original after all these years
2) Zeta - A sequal that was better than the original? Wow!
3) MSG - The original
4) 08th MS Team - OK, I'm just a sucker for ground combat, common soliders, and Gundams with backpacks (like the hiking kind).
5) Victory - Loss of innocence, violence on a scale never seen before, and above all excellent characters
6) CCA - Char vs Amuro finale
7) G - One of the best moments in a Gundam series plus crazy super robot attacks
8) X - Like the post apocalyptic setting and execution
9) 0080 - Nice short story
10) 0083 - Pretty mecha
kupoartist

*steals 4tran's format* aha!
Favourites
1) Zeta Gundam - Gundam grew up with Zeta, got darker and more sinister. 0079 was a little to Black and White with the squeaky clean Federation and Almost uniformly bad Zeons. Zeta turns that on its head by making the Federation the enemy. Well managed cameos by existing characters don't get in the way of a brilliant cast of new characters. The mecha design rocks, and the female characters defy convention by not being entirely useless, and actually equals to their male counterparts.
2) Turn-A Gundam - Refreshingly different in every aspect. Great but bizarre design work, spends more time with its characters so that the climax is far more exciting for it.
3) Victory Gundam - The show ZZ Gundam should have been. Dark, depressing with some great characters, design work and general imagination.
4) Gundam 0080 - Focusing on a small child protagonist seemed at first a strange idea. Kids in Gundam usually make me want to slap them, and initially I though Al was going the same way: however, it all serves a point. Al comes to see the horrors of war just as we do. A truely tragic show that shows the smaller picture.

Enjoyable
5) Gundam 08th MS Team - Another great small-scale show that makes mecha feel that bit more like proper military machines.
6) Gundam 0083 - Breakneck pace, but some awesome animation, battles and design, immensely interesting to Zeta fans who, deprived of a competant sequel are slightly reimbursed with a competant Prequel. Shame about the "and then everyone forget it ever happened" style ending though.
7) Gundam Seed - Takes 0079 and gives it a modern spin with mixed success. Not too sure what it's trying to say, but it gets some stuff across at least. Some characters are irritating and dull, but the Gundam pilots are all pretty compelling. Good and Bad are a little too Black and White.
8) Gundam 0079 - Amuro / Char is all brilliant stuff, but unfortuantly, it's only part of the series. The middle of the series / second movie is full of flab, and I found the depictions of Civilian characters and Females frankly insulting.

Deeply Average
9) Gundam Wing - Watching this show, it seems to be rather confusingly edited and it moves in leaps and bounds. The fight sequences aren't too interesting and the philosophies of the characters make absolutely zero sense. Still possible to soldier on till the end, if you have spare time to kill.
10) Gundam X - Nothing to dislike in X, but beyond the main Gundam, I find very little to like either. Mercifully put out of its misery so it didn't get to meander on any longer.

(And to go off the scale...)
Torture
11) ZZ Gundam - The beginning of the series is torture, and even when the subject matter picks up, the characters are still irritating. Only the presence of Haman and a few of the Zeta bridge-crew kept me watching to the end. Why does this series remind me of flash gordon?
12) Gundam Seed Destiny - The opposite of ZZ Gundam. A promising start that becomes a garbled, confusing and non-sensical mess of a show with too many happy conincidences. Poorly managed storylines and new cast. i doubt a 50 episode series has ever been filled with less subtance ever before.
Cardi Doorl

The OP asked that movies not be listed, yet still Char's Counterattack is showing up in some people's ranks. :D

Anyway, here's mine. Please note that I have NOT seen any of the following series/OVAs:

Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam, Mobile Suit V Gundam, After War Gundam X, Turn A Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray, all of the SD Gundams except MkI, and MS IGLOO. There might be some I missed, but whatever. Here's my top 10.

1. Mobile Suit Gundam
2. Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
3. Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
4. Mobile Fighter G Gundam
5. Mobile Suit Gundam 0080
6. Mobile Suit Gundam 0083
7. New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
8. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
9. New Mobile Report Gundam Wing
10. SD Gundam Mk. I

If movies were included, then Char's Counterattack would take 3rd place.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Loran Cehack

01-Turn A Gundam (As Orson Welles once said for the Star Trek: The Motion Picture trailer said, "The Human Adventure is just beginning".)
02-Victory Gundam (It's nucking futs, plain and simple. The most graphic Gundam series with an awesome cast of characters.)
03-Zeta Gundam (Yeah, a bit cliche, but it's a very fun series to watch.)
04-Gundam 0080 (Again, like Turn A, the "Human Adventure".)
05-Gundam X (I was interested in this series ever since I saw small clips five years ago. Needless to say, it delivered.)
06-Mobile Suit Gundam (It suffers from some problems old 70's Super Robot shows did, but it started the Real Robot genre.)
07-MS igLOO (A very fun watch, if a bit forumulaic.)
08-Gundam ZZ (The cast was, in my opinion, much better than Zeta's. No angst. Just fun. Unfortunately, the first twenty or so episodes are painful.)
09-G-Gundam (What can I say? I like Super Robots.)
10-08th MS Team (Again, a fun watch, if a bit ruined by the cliched Romeo and Juliet plot.)

Not Gundam but related:
Ideon. Need I say more? :D
Anonymous

Looks like I have some new votes to add.

Tag for later.
Idabosoldier

1.08th MS Team
3.Zeta Gundam
4.Gundam X
5.G Gundam
6.MSG (the episodes that i did se)
7.SEED
8.Victory Gundam (the show is slowly climbing up)
9.Turn A...Didn't find i t appealing
10.DESTINY
Last edited by Idabosoldier on Wed May 10, 2006 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AE GUNDAM
A story about the burning Cosmos, and the rising Gundam. Told by yours truely.