Favourite Epic Mecha Anime Music

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Silent_Knight_Gundam

Favourite Epic Mecha Anime Music

F91 Gundam's Eternal Wind, just wow and its pretty powerful. Esspecially in the Climax U.C. trailer, it sounds so much better if played during a giant out of control battle like it did.

Pray don't break the peace Forever!

What is everyone else's Favourite Epic Mecha Anime Music, and explain why you like these songs~LG
Hyakushiki

Easy, Mazinger Z opening theme. I love any song that has the words Rocketo Paaunch!

Getter Robo op theme. Get! Get! Getter! Get! Isao Sasaki is my man.

Dai Guard theme. It's so catchy.

Sure Promise from Big O. It speaks for itself.

Char ga kuru. It made me like Char even more Char! Char! Char!

Yusha-Oh Tanjo! from GaoGaiGar,So hot blooded.

King of Heart from G Gundam, same.

Macross theme, in my country that would be the national anthem.

Space Battleship Yamato theme.

Winner from Gundam 0083.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Toxicity

The Endless Waltz theme song White Reflection
acsam

MS Igloo intro ( the 1st and 2nd )

the 08th MS Team intro

0080 intro and endind

0083 intro in english and japan and the 2nd 0083 intro

Z Gundam move song from Gackt - Metamorphoze

some of the Z Gundam music from the sereis

Gundam EIS music ( i mean all the song it has)
Zeonic Front music in the team set up area

CCA ending

G Gundam intro ( the full song)

Gundam Wing intro ( full song) and ending

Gundam Wing endless Walts song

Gundam X intro ( the full song)

Gundam Seed ending ( the full song by i think see-saw)
J-Lead

- Yume Wadachi (MS IgLoo) It's cue-in when the Big Rang was perfect.

- Gackt - Metamorphose (Z Gundam, A New translation I: Heir to the Stars) Good Music video! :)

- Gackt - Mind Forest (Z Gundam, A New Translation II: Lovers) The fact that it was playing when the Axis forces were flying around the Argama was kind of ominous.

- Gackt - Love Letter (Z Gundam, A New Translation III: Love is the Pulse of the Stars) Meh, Camille and Fa.

- Gackt - Dybbuk! (Z Gundam, A New Translation III: Love is the Pulse of the Stars) It was just strange to hear this during the ending credits to a Z Gundam Production. :P

- Hoshi No Tobira (Gundam SEED Stargazer) Mainly because it got rid of that J-pop feel that plagues SEED (for me, anyway.)

- Akatsuki no Kuruma (Gundam SEED special edition II) Not sure why, I just like this song. It made the end of SEED special edition worth watching.

- Snake Eater (Metal Gear solid) Play the game and find out!

- Zeonic Front & Side Story 0079 soundtrack. (From the games of the same name.) Both soundtracks get your blood pumping as you play and are very...I dunno...OYW like.

- Kom Susser todd - Evangelion (I swear, when the apocolypse happens, this is the song I'll be listening to.)

- Crossbone Gundam Theme (heard in the G Generation and SRW games.) It's got that shonen-anime feel to it.

And last, but certainly not least...

- Zero (Ace Combat Zero) ...I don't care if it isn't mecha, it's a damn good song!
Last edited by J-Lead on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
WhiteWingDemon

Toxicity wrote:The Endless Waltz theme song White Reflection
yeah, that has to be my favorite too.
Silent_Knight_Gundam

- Zero (Ace Combat Zero) ...I don't care if it isn't mecha, it's a damn good song!
To be fair, Airplanes and jet planes are kinda of Mecha

Koutetsushin Jeeg OP- StormBringer

Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Divine Wars 2nd Opening- Rising Force

Full Metal Panic: The second Raid: Minamikaze
Heecarl_Reez

Fafner-Shangri-la(OP),proof(2nd ED) by Angela

Gigantic Formula-United Force

Gundam Series-Everything(what else i could say?),but my current top list are:
-Ignited,Pride,Moment,realize,beyond the time,mizu no hoshi e ai o komete, silent voice,Dreams,just Communication,
Last Impression,arashi no naka de kagayaki,Century Color,Eternal Wind......

-Mazinger Z,getter Robo Op.

-Gaogaigar(Final Version),and also Baan Gaan Op theme(i know it's from a game,but still...)

-Escaflowne-yakusoku wa iranai,Yubiwa.

-Cybuster theme....

that's it for now??
WingZero20xx

Gundam Seed-Strike Attacks, Fly Freedom!, Countdown, Wheel of Destiny, An Effective Shot, Justice and Freedom (every gundam seed fan loves this song), Tachiagare! Okori Yo (i dunno japanese lol), The Limits of Light

Gundam Seed Destiny-Gaia x Chaos x Abyss, Revenge ~Freedom Defeated~, Core Splendor Lift Off, Impulse Attacks, Pride, The End of Madness

Gundam 0083-Men of Destiny, The Winner, Assault Waves (my god...when i hear this i automatically think of top gun lol)

Gundam 0080-Distant Memory, Imaginary Sky, Arrow of Fate

Gundam Wing-Legend of Zero, White Reflection, Last Impression, The Wings of a Boy Who Killed Adolescence, When The Dragon Submerges Everything Ends, Sandy Clock of a Sad Color, Mission Accomplished, Eternity and Infinity in this Hand

Gundam X-Dreams (still my favorite japanese song of all time)

G Gundam-Burning Finger, King of Hearts; Godfinger

Full Metal Panic-To Battle M9, Head of the Storm, Run Silent; Run Deep,

Blue Gender-Tokihanate!, Stain, Nothing

Eureka Seven-Days, Young Boy's Heart, To The Center of the Sun, Cherry Blossom, Canvas, Get It By Your Hands, Jump From Running, Dewey Novak, Sprinting Spirits, Battle In The Air, type theEND

Escaflowne-Dance of Curse II

Evangelion-Cruel Angel's Thesis, Komm Susser Tod,

Macross-Battle Stations, Rick Hunter's Theme, Roy Fokker's Theme, The 15th Squadron, We Will Win, The REF March, VF-Zero, Seventh Moon

The Big O-Respect: Upper West Side, The Storm, Touch, Weep For, Dreadful, Stand A Chance, The Big O

Voices of A Distant Star-Ame No Boss Tei, Through the Years and Far Away
Ravager

Justice and Freedom (every gundam seed fan loves this song)
Are you sure? Which track is this in which OST?
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
Saikuba

I do have to give a shout out to Getter Robo, because no song gets the blood boiling better than that one.

But my real choice is "Ark" from Brain Powered (the one with the bagpipes). I'd probably put Brain Powered's soundtrack way up there in terms of epicness with it's tendency to go all symphonic, but there's something about the way that Ark builds itself up that puts it above the rest. It's used very well in the series as well.
Lowind

Zeta Gundam's second opening for me.
But Gundam X's Resolution was pretty great too.
alucard2

My favorite all time would be CCA's Segment III : Sally, i like it because it has that "epic" feeling that fits perfectly CCA
Dark Duel

ZZ Gundam's Silent Voice, G GUndam's I Trust you Forever, and 0083's Men of Destiny, as well as Shine in the Storm(08th MS), Just Communication(Gundam Wing, and Last Impression are it for me for Gundam, as well as Shutsugeki, Impulse!, Shinkai no Kodoku and F91's Eternal Wind.

As far as others, I have to mention the following from [i[Super Robot Wars Original Generation - Divine Wars[/i]: TROMBE!!, Time to Come, Variable Formation, Platinum Lucifer, Arrow of Destiny, Herald of Oblivion, Neppu, Shippu, Cybuster!, and my personal favorite, Marionette Messiah.
Kudos to Meikyuu no Prisoner and Protect you as well, from the OVA.
Also, the following titles from Soukyuu no Fafner: Shangri-La, Separation, Fly me to the Sky.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dendrobium Stamen

I'd go with Freedom Self-Destructs, from the third SEED soundtrack album. Not only a fantastic orchestral piece, but it has that amazing and somewhat haunting Anna Ni Issho Datta No Ni bit in the middle, which just takes it to a new level of win and awesome.

ZAFT ~ The Red Stream Called "Justice" from Symphony SEED is also awesome, because it takes the ZAFT pieces from the OST albums and makes an awesome medley of them. Then again, most of Symphony SEED is fantastic, so there we go.

Outside the realms of the Cosmic Era... the Main Theme or Nu Gundam pieces from the soundtrack to Char's Counterattack, perfectly epic to match the nature of the film and its characters.
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Folken Fanel

I like Freedom and Justice a lot. It has this real "We're off to save the world" feeling to it. Besides, good orchestral pieces are my weakness.

Then there's Akatsuki No Kurama, which has some great string pieces in it. If you can't tell, I'm a sucker for Seed's music. A friend turned me on to it.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Blue Comet

Basically anything JAM Project I listen to. :)

Right now i'm currently jamming to a tune that I'm not 100% clear on the name of but i've currently titled "Just Forever" since it's the only english phrase in the song
Dunpeal

Giant Robo OVA. Best. Soundtrack. Ever.

Full orchestral music > j-pop and whatnot. Also, Fafner had a good symphonic score.
Kaiser Ultima

Toxicity wrote:The Endless Waltz theme song White Reflection
Got to agree with you there.
razgriz

white reflection- endless waltz

the winner and men of destiny- 0083

invoke, moment, akatsuki no karuma, river, find the way- seed

ignited, reason, zips, honoo no tobira, wings are words -seed destiny

intro theme from neo genesis evangelion

intro theme from area 88

zero, megalith, unsung war- ace combat series, i kno they arent anime but hey they have an anime feel to them :D plus they are probably some of the best video game soundtracks ever.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!