Unofficial Gundam Unicorn Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Nagi

Wow, this strikes me as slightly hilarious. From the time the Unicorn's design was first unveiled to now, it's like Bandai has been saying "Look! Look! We're being completely original with an all new design for the Gund--PSYCH! HAHAHAHA! We got you GOOD!" :lol:
bluemax151

EZero8 wrote:You're talking about this right? 8)

Somehow I saw that coming..
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
razgriz

um can you say...disappointing :cry: just when i thought we were finally going to get a i-finned cyclopean hero suit they done gone and gundam-ized it, v-fin two eyes and all
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Ravager

*groans I have a feeling this one will also just come with twin sabers and a rifle as its weapons.
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
The Big Zabowski

Ravager wrote:*groans I have a feeling this one will also just come with twin sabers and a rifle as its weapons.
And some freaky newtype use system..thing.

As undoubtedly Fukui will use something like that for this novel. Look at Loreli.. :roll:
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Ravager

Doesn't seem to be a Newtype to me... but that era WAS the peak of Newtype warfare, so it's not surprising
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
EZero8

I'm afraid that this design is gonna be nothing more than a purely vanilla suit with the standard armament. I never really found the Unicorn itself to be appealing... so this doesnt quite help it.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Ravager

Wow, nice rank there "mod of bling,yo" :)

Is the horn on its head actually capable of making ramming attacks or it's just there for show?
Annon Kaies Zi

Yeah, I don't like the whole "true face" thing. Gundam Unicorn was kinda strange looking, but looked very nice in my opinion (original in a good way). And it was interesting to see a Universal Century "Gundam" that wasn't like all the others. But guess that's no longer the case...oh well. Not sure what the whole purpose is for the transformation...hopefully someone will be able to tell us soon.
-Annon Kaies Zi
[email protected]

(Avatar made from an Anaheim Machines rendering.)
DarkUnicorn

The technique file of RX-0 Unicorn
lalahsghost

Simply said, I love it. Katoki has finally been able to get me to like one of his designs... Story details are killing me though :o :o They are the needed.
DarkUnicorn

I remained to block fifteen minutes above…
Wingnut

DarkUnicorn wrote:I remained to block fifteen minutes above…
Huh? What does that have to do with anything?

This thing could be summed up like the GM Custom: Remarkable for being totally unremarkable. Very simple design and no real special tech except for the psycoframe similar to the one used in the Nu Gundam.
It is highly possible there are a bunch of other goodies this thing can use that are not in this pic.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
wing zero alpha

I get the same feeling from the Unicorn that I did from the Turn A: that it only looks unremarkable. I'm very sure we're not getting the full story with this machine, and that when we do it will totally change our perspective on it.
EZero8

Well, I'll give it some points since it doesnt have an "end-all-be-all" weapon like most of the recent Gundam designs... yet. It's currently still a vanilla and simple machine, which isnt bad I guess.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Homeless

Well, it already clearly has Gaiking's "Open Face" attack apparently. XD

The design itself looks nice enough, but my intense dislike of Newtypes isn't meshing well with the "Full Psycoframe" lbit.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Derringer

So where exactly does the classic face plat come from? Gundam F91 slide away kinda deal? Also, it's kinda nifty that the sides of the face rotate.
Binker

So it's like when enemies see it, its a regular looking MS. But then the change in the head fools them and then traps them when it shhows it's really a Gundam.

It's cool as its a trick.

Anythign new? Wait, wait, wait, new question: will these ever get trasnlated? Not official, but from fans?
DCU: Yesterday, Today & Beyond

The Ultimate Community site for all things DC Comics

http://www.dcuytb.com
Genocide

Binker wrote:Anythign new? Wait, wait, wait, new question: will these ever get trasnlated? Not official, but from fans?
Unless it's an official translation, I don't think we're allowed to discuss anything pertaining to that.
Deacon Blues

--SNIP FOR THOSE INTERESTED--

The latest from Gundam Ace:

Unit Type: full psycho frame prototype mobile suit
Height: 19.7 meters (21.7meters)
Actual Weight: 23.7 tons
Armor Material: Gundarium Alloy

Under Unicorn Mode

Sensor Effective Radius: 22,000 meters
Generator Output: 3,480 kW
Thruster Total Output: 142,600 kg

Armaments: Beam Rifle, Custom Shield

Operating System: Laplace Program and NT-D

Deacky's Notation:: The items listed after the "Under Unicorn Mode" are just as the specs say, so I'm assuming this is before the horn unfolds into the V-fin and the faceplates retract.

--SNIP--

I've started summaries, but alas I'm a tad bit behind on them...