Homebrew (read OP before posting)

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Scyron

Homebrew (read OP before posting)

/!\ No PHILES/WAREZ or "backups" or where to get them. /!\
/!\ Don't mention ROMS, ISOs, or other clearly illegal files /!\

With the current trend of homegrown custom applications and special carts or freeloading discs many consoles are starting to get far more use than the manufacturer ever thought of.

I made this thread to discuss homebrew games for the Wii and DS, though PSP, linux (gamecube or ps3) discussion is allowed, I'd say xbox softmodded too but I don't know of anyone who has done that.

So last night I set up my wii so it can now play homebrew games, it takes about 30minutes, even less if you have someone who has done it before. Everything boots off the SD card, there is a custom channel in the wii and it can be deleted just like any other channel. The best part about this is that you can play games on your wii that you normally wouldn't like QUAKE I. Also you can turn your wii into a small multimedia player, which may be beneficial for some that currently don't have a ps3 or 360. Also it has a freeloader built in with the option to upgrade software as it wont make you need to rebuy new freeloader discs when a new wii update happens.

All you need is a SD card, 2gigs or smaller with FAT/FAT16 format, WII twilight princess game disc, and either a SD/USB adapter or a computer that can put files on the SD card.

Currently the wii version does work with 3.3u, though I had 3.2u and upgraded after I had already setup all my homebrew stuff. The reason I did this is for the freeloader, ScummVM player, and the option to play some good games when they eventually come out.

I haven't setup any other consoles but I do plan to get some homebrew going on my DS once it is repaired and I can get my hands on a CycloDS.

/!\ No PHILES/WAREZ or "backups" or where to get them. /!\
/!\ Don't mention ROMS, ISOs, or other clearly illegal files /!\

I just want to make it clear don't mention it and I wont have to lock the thread, edit posts, or give warnings.