is ace worth buying

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
NastyNate

is ace worth buying

I looked into buying another centurys episode, but I have never heard anyone comment on whether buying or not. unfortunatly the only way I know how to play REMOVED games is to use the swap majic but that is 50 dollars and it would be nice to get the clear top loading chasey for my old ps2. So the total including one of the ace games would be over a hundred dollars.

Is this game like super awsome and worth every pennie or is it just an ok game?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
quasadra

i cant say what its worth, since i got it cheap, real cheap. but ace is a mecha game experience that you cant find anywhere else. if you really want to play a game involving the mecha of your choice. then ace is one of your best option.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
AmuroNT1

If you want one of the ACE games, get the second. The first is alright but the controls are a little unrefined, and the third has a whole lot of wasted opportunities.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
VR7

I've played ACE1 and ACE2. They are pretty decent, and hey, ACE2 has the God Gundam.

I haven't played either game in a long while. Multiplayer isn't anything to get excited about. The single player on the other hand is pretty fun, but considering that From Software (Armored Core) developed the game, a lot of similarities with Armored Core are apparent. For instance, you have 9000+ AP that gets drained slowly over time, bland and drab environments, (most obvious in long and boring indoor environments) bosses that behave like every Armored Core boss in existence, etc. Oh, and Cloudbreaker has a laser blade.

Lastly, every single cutscene in ACE1 and 2 reminded me of Armored Core: Nexus. Very cute. :P

It'd be harsh for me to say that ACE is like every other Armored Core game in existence, except with SRW's influence and no customization options. Instead, I like to think of the ACE games as prototypes for the game system of Armored Core 4 and For Answer. Also, ACE2 has God Gundam, as I already said.

If you want to buy an ACE game, I'd say ACE2. I think you might want to look elsewhere (i.e. Armored Core: Nexus, ZOE2 is pretty awesome) though, if you're looking for a totally awesome and worthwhile mecha game.
-noel
Recon 5

The third may be a whole lot of wasted opportunities, but it does offer a LOT of mechs and different storylines not available in the second, and the gameplay seems to be the same good stuff from 2. If you can afford a second import, why not? Getting 3 and not 2 may be a bit iffy, though, but thats just my two cents. Better yet, wait a bit and you may be able to get ACE compilation sets if they're not out already.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Sume Gai

I really liked 3 which has X characters as well as God/Burning (and Master) gundam

also if you get 2 buy the Vocal Version

My recommendation take a look at the series/unit lists if you can only get one
Kuruni

Well, if you can only effort single game, 3 isn't bad choice.

The waste opportunities is mostly story issue. Basic gameplay got improve. No more annoying Chain system that keep prevent you from get an ace rank. Minimap zoom-in to be useful when engage enemy. Grunt allies that at least can slow down enemy progress. And new mech offer more variety than missing cast.

On other hand, you have less complex mission. No more coolness of Layzner and L-Gaim stage, where your own weapons lock-on new allie that you must protect. Inside Macross mission where you must be careful not to destroy the city. Nanafushi mission where flying is forbidden. In-door mission also gone.

Story, however, feel quite rushy. Barel is much less interesting protagonist compare to Tak. But I found Belkt is badass antagonist, while you may not count Linen as antagonist at all. The good thing in ACE3 is, IMO, when it come to dramatic battle. Notable the overwhelming feeling in last stage, with Shinku song play as background.
My girlfriend was a loli.
AU_Gundam MK II

Yes, but overall, the pacing of ACE 3's gameplay was really slow compared to ACE 2.

Personally, I find the ACE games totally worthwhile and fun. Though I've only played ACE 2 and 3. Whilst there is only one multiplayer option, the VS mode can make for something very epic provided that both players are own equal terms with each other and not using any of the cheap stuff (ACE 2's rendition of Nelly Brain and Black Selena made the two very cheap, especially when considering Nelly's block everything when in a godd mood Chakra Barrier and the Hyper speed close range of the Black Selena.).

But to be honest, most of the fun comes from the story mode. 3 has the advantage of having plotted the stories quite well (At least for World B. A wasn't done too good.), whilst 2 always had to finish a series before introducing a new one.

Replay value is about the same for both. I found lots to do when I finished 2 and 3 for the first time and I probably went through ACE2 5 or 6 times whilst I did 3 about 3 times.

However, 2 would be my choice here. Overall, 2's gameplay is faster in pace and more exciting compared to 3's.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
LockonStratos

Stay away from ACE and get ACE 2 and/or 3.
Cacophanus

LockonStratos wrote:Stay away from ACE and get ACE 2 and/or 3.
I dunno about that, ACE was more about using the varied types opf units and had some great mission design (rather than the "shoot it till it's dead" seen in the other two games). It's a slower game sure but definitely more tactical.

Personally, I found ACE2 a bit sadistic in terms of its upgrade system and the horrifically limited way you were awarded experience points. ACE3 by comparison felt more balanced in that regard.

ACE2 did have the biggest budget of all three games though, so it did look shinier in places (especially the various launch sequences and useage of cel shaded characters throughout).
AmuroNT1

Kuruni wrote:Story, however, feel quite rushy. Barel is much less interesting protagonist compare to Tak. But I found Belkt is badass antagonist, while you may not count Linen as antagonist at all. The good thing in ACE3 is, IMO, when it come to dramatic battle. Notable the overwhelming feeling in last stage, with Shinku song play as background.
Honestly, I thought ACE3's originals were all sorta lacking. Barrel and Fei lacked the fun chemistry of Tak and Marina, while Berkt seemed pretty forgettable (wanting to destroy two Earths just because Mommy didn't hug him?). I admit that the final battle was a lot more epic than 2's, but I cared a lot less about the cast in the first place.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Kuruni

I guess fact that Belkt almost sink Nadesico C by himself and the scene where he remove the helmet (with Blood Ark falling in background) are source that make me think he's cool :wink: .
Dynames

when did ACE 3 come out? and which one you guys think is better in the field of playable units out of 2 and 3
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
AU_Gundam MK II

3 came out last year around september.

3 has the most series, but 2 has a better/faster gameplay pace compared to 3.

Personally, I play 3 mainly for Sekai Saigo no Hi and the World B axis.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Kuruni

As mentioned, I think variety of units are better in 3. Mainly because LFO and Overman offer more than missing cast are.
AU_Gundam MK II

Overall, it's just a matter of taste. If you want more of the Real Robotish stuff, 2 is undoubtedly the way to go. Whilst if you want to have more stuff bordering the supernatural or less Realistic or what not, you won't go wrong with 3.

Kuruni

I didn't talk about realistic issue, it's gameplay mechanic. LFOes and Overmen offer different gameplay mechanic compare to Heavy Metal and SPT.

Counting personal favourite, 2 would be better because inclusion of Layzner :P .