Please recommend a game for me

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Terrace

Please recommend a game for me

Alright, I have desperately wracked my brain for a good flight-sim game that I could play online, and I came up with nothing. I'm not particularly picky, in the I-won't-ever-play-this-franchise sense, but I can't seem to find a game with these qualifications:

-Space-combat flight sim
-Joystick compatible
-Headset compatibility
-online play with deathmatches
-fairly popular, so that I won't be playing by myself

Anyone got any ideas?
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
supperrfreek

I don't think one exists, it would be good if they could make a gundam game with some mobile armors which could dogfight in space, but they don't.
one more thing, I agree on heavyarms, I like the concept.
Dynames

True i don't think a game like that exists though there is a mech game for the xbox with some Awesome controls i forget the name though
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
Recon 5

Well, try searching for Space Cowboy Online. Its the closest thing to what you want which is available. It has quite a bit of customization, although you might find actual combat a bit arcadey.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Closest thing to what you're looking for would be Bootfighter Windam, there's a translation for it over on mirrormoon.org
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Albireo_818

I remember back in the day i would play a game on windows 98 with those qualifications called "Starlancer".
Of course, the dedicated servers are all gone now, and it has problems on XP and Vista. If you can find a copy, though, it would be a great find.

Dark Star One is another game like that, though i'm not sure about the multiplayer. And, if you don't mind not using a joystick, Freelancer is also a good game. other than that, i tend to play Combat Flight Simulator 3
Call me Albireo or Al, without the _818
"A Clever person solves the problem. The wise person avoids it!"-Albert Einstein
Areus

Another good set of games from back in the day is mech warrior 2 and star siege. They were online,popular and sims with DM. Only prob is they did not stand the test of time. Still worth playing. I have the same hunger you have to be a ace pilot and get on with my friends and pwn in a mech. Its a shame theres nothing good and mech on the internets for anyone out of japan anymore.
Ikaruga-I'm Not Regret...

弾幕 Baby!
Albireo_818

Agreed. I regularly scout my EB games for any hint of a new space/flight sim, but the franchise died off after the new millenium. Only two worthwhile space sims have been released in the last 8 years, Freelancer and DArk Star One, both of which i have mentioned already.
And, the only good Mech game insofar as i am concerned is Chromehounds and the MechWarrior/Assault franchises.
Call me Albireo or Al, without the _818
"A Clever person solves the problem. The wise person avoids it!"-Albert Einstein
master gundam

Re: Please recommend a game for me

doesn't fit the criteria but try ms saga a new dawn for ps2 check here http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/MS%20Saga/index.html
Bonesy!

Re: Please recommend a game for me

master gundam wrote:doesn't fit the criteria but try ms saga a new dawn for ps2 check here http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/MS%20Saga/index.html
if it doesn't fit the criteria, then why bother

also space cowboy isn't space cowboy anymore, I forget what it's called now