What's Your Latest Game? Mk II

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Sleepneeded127

Re: What's Your Latest Game? Mk II

beat finally Batman: Arkham Asylum.
its kind of like Batman meets MGS with lots of stealth gameplay. the story is simple but plays out nicely slowly building as you advance ad drives the gameplay. the voice cast is amazing. Kevin Conroy(Batman), Mark Hamill(Joker), and Arleen Sorkin(Harley Quinn) all reprising their roles from the animated series with the rest of the cast blending right in with the veteran cast.

overall - 8.5/10 - great game
Gameplay 7.5/10 - nothing outstanding but still a lot of fun
Voice Cast 10/10 - voices right out the animated series
Story 8/10 - like a good comic
Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator.
Flame-X

Beaten Dante's Inferno 3 times already each in different difficulty for the PS3. While the gameplay is fun as hell, the last 2 circles are atrocious level designs. Fraud is just a series of platforms where you have to go through these different fight conditions which is freaking frustrating. Staying in the air for 7 seconds attacking and single combo only is not fun at all. Treachery, there's not a single soul or bodies around, just plain ice. This level can easily be done within 5-10 min. So short.
My rating: 7.5/10

Right now, I'm playing Devil May Cry 2 for the PS2. Doesn't seem so bad so far as people say. :|
Shea

Mega Man 10

This game friggin' rules!
I've been waiting a long time for this and it was worth every passing second! One warning though : If you thought Mega Man 9 was hard, you will mess your pants on this game's normal mode. Even if you beat this games ridiculous and extremely unfair normal mode, they have the audacity, the balls... to give you a hard mode! Son of a bitch!

By the way... Screw Blade Man, screw him right in his tail rotor!
Last edited by Shea on Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
Blue 55

LoL I know how you feel Shea.

Picked up Battlefield Bad Company 2 yesterday and I must say its a fun ride, this and Mega Man 10 should keep me onmy toes until Final Fantasy XIII.
"Dear humanity we regret being alien bastards, we regret comming to earth, and me most certainly regret the corps just blowing up our raggedy azz fleet"
---
Hyakushiki

I bought Final Fantasy XIII today, and it looks beautiful and plays awesome. The in game rendered graphics look almost as good as the cutscenes and the gameplay is like a streamlined version of FF XII's gambit system it feels more natural. Best of all Lightining kicks ass!
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
wantfastcars

My (not so) newest game is MechWarrior 3. It's from 1999, and I've had it since then, but I've never really played it. Got an old windows laptop working, and oh my god the attention to DETAIL!

First off, the details. This is the only game I think I've ever played that pays attention to where you're hurt, where the enemy is hurt, and how that would affect movement. I. E. your fifty ton battlemech is shot in the knee, and it will limp. You shoot an enemy in the knee, and it will trip and fall over. You can fall over, too, which is interesting - the fall motion is not scripted. If you start falling, you can save yourself - just take a step back and you can steady your mech. Your mech will also react differently depending on where it's hit, and will recoil and rotate to the side you fire from. Lasers have unlimited ammo like they should, and generate a lot of heat. Weapon ammunition is freaking heavy, which is something that often isn't taken into consideration. You get shot too much in one arm, the arm will get blown off and you'll lose any weapons that were mounted there.

Second, the customization. While MechWarrior offers nowhere near the level of visual customization that Armored Core does, it still offeres a solid variety of mechs - ranging from super fast featherweights to ultra heavy mechs that are nigh impossible to kill - and an insane number of weapons. Now I understand that many weapons are reiterations of each other (such as large, medium, small, large extended range, medium extended range, and small extended range lasers, and a CLAN version of each of those) but for an old game it's still amazing. There are two types of missiles, long range and short, "Autocannons" which are basically burst-fire machine guns, and machine guns, as well as Gauss Rifles, Lasers, Pulse Lasers, and Particle Projection Cannons.

Third, the gameplay itself. When I played Armored Core, I was teated in the lap of luxury. Sure my mission reward had to pay for my ammo and damage, but at least all my ammo came back for the next mission. MechWarrior, any armor or ammunition you use/lose must be scrounged from the wreckage of your fallen enemies, unless you wish to use solely lasers (which can work). After each mission, you can Allocate your salvage, picking and choosing what you want to keep and what you want to leave behind. It teaches you "the true meaning of survival," to quote a friend. Then there's the whole "MFB" or Mobile Field Base idea. You start the game with three. Each can hold 300 tons of weapons, ammo, and giant robot. Now the total 900 tons is a lot at first, but you can fill it surprisingly quickly. However, if one gets destroyed, it's all over. Restart the mission, or even a new campaign. If you lose an MFB, anything in it will be gone, too. Defend them with your life.
"The God of Death is BACK FROM HELL!!!!" -- Duo Maxwell, AKA The God of Death
blind_dead_mcjones

Stalker: call of pripyat

"Welcome to my swamp icebreaker!"....ahh ukrainian humour
Flag Fighter for life!
Turinu

Yar. Just got Resonance of Fate, just waiting on my order of Infinite Space now~
mcred23

So I got Perfect Dark on Xbox Live today. It plays exactly like the original game, only with updated graphics (Namely and most obviously, characters and guns are more detailed, with the classic guns from GoldenEye looking exactly like the real weapons they were based on), so I've basically been in my glory (Even though I still played my N64 copy fairly often 8)). I haven't gotten into the multiplayer on live yet, but I'm having a lot of fun in the campaign. The only thing is the controls are taking a little getting used to, mainly because I've spent the last ten years playing Perfect Dark the old way. :mrgreen:

One cool thing is you unlock the All Guns cheat for solo mode pretty early on, which was awesome. I finally got to use the infamous Psychosis Gun. :twisted:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
quasadra

so i got a change to play C&C 4 using my friends copy. i was running out of time and didnt get a good look on it. but i do see an EXP bar and a notice on "next unit unlock". i know i havent been following up on C&C 4 detail, but did this game really copying the FPS trend to put level up in everything?

i just want a clarification, not enough to warrant a new thread.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Outlaw

Shori wrote:Yar. Just got Resonance of Fate, just waiting on my order of Infinite Space now~
Just wrapped on Infinite Space, moving on to Resonence until my copy of Sakura Taisen rolls in.

I rather enjoyed Infinite Space, been a while since I've seen a space opera and I can't recall ever playing one. I will say at the last minute it saved itself from Persona 3's fate; I still own P3 we're just not on speaking terms.

Very light IS spoiler:
Spoiler
Tomino-esque mortality rate ahoy!
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Turinu

Indeed. Some of the deaths I didn't expect (Spoiler below), but none of them were really pointless. Also, happy ending~
Spoiler
Especially that one blonde chick from the Lanco Family. She was really full of herself (You abandoned me so I went to the enemy's side, and now I can have my revenge since you didn't reciprocate my love~!). She needed to go. I liked her at first, but after the ten year gap she turned out really blegh.

I half-expected Yuri to call out her name and go ... "Prepare to bombard her with cosmic rays! That'll shut her spoiled ass up!"
Outlaw

Actually about that...
Spoiler
It seems if you make the right choices you can get her to come over to your side after the timeskip thus saving her from being a traumatized, emotional train wreck. As an added bonus removing her from the enemy side later saves Roth and Nele from a nasty and tragic end. I plan to check it out on my second play through.
- Yell at her.
- Give her natural flowers.
- Join Nova Nacio instead of Kalymnos.
Don't know what you do after the timeskip though.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Mu La Flaga

So for last 2 days or so pretty much, been playing Pokemon SoulSilver, so enjoying this game so far for a remake.

Also at the same time I got Resident Evil 2 and 3 off PSN for my PSP, no need to buy the PS1 games now I suppose.
Resident Evil 2 is still rather fun in fact.
Espdude

my copy of SD G Generations Portable arrived today and all i can say is damn this game is hard, i can't even get past stage two in the SEED story line.
Outlaw

Monster Hunter Tri... 'nuff said.
reeoyuy

Currently playing Patlabor : Game Edition on my PSP. I'm amazed at the graphics, very good for PS1 game. Gameplay is fun, though I can't seem to get the baton to attack; my timing is always off. A must play for any Patlabor fans.
Destroy Gundam

A few recently. Pokémon HeartGold, which I'm enjoying quite a bit, not least because it returns to the roots of having a rival you feel good about beating.

On the PC front, Bioshock 2 and Metro 2033. Good to see a game where gas masks are more than just fashon statement.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
mcred23

Downloaded Tecmo Bowl Throwback this morning on Xbox Live. It's amazing. It plays exactly like the original game, and you can seemlessly shift between the 2D and 3D modes, which is cool. 3D looks really nice, while 2D is exactly like the original SNES version, sounds and all. It has the original rosters, and the players have the same numbers, but fake names, since they can't get the rights to use the NFL names. However, you can edit the names, so that can be fixed! :mrgreen: The teams similarly are just listed by their city, but the 13 character limit prevents adding in many team names. The weird thing is the colors are all changed, so some teams look really weird (The fake Dallas franchise is in yellow :|). But really, those things are minor, as it looks and plays perfectly.

The only really major gripe I have about it is that, since it's based on the SNES version of Tecmo Super Bowl, it uses that games rosters, which, as that game says, are from August of 1993. What that means is that many of the best known players from the original TSB from the NES are either less effective or not in the game at all. Guys like Lawrence Taylor, Christian Okoye, and Randall 'QB Eagles' Cunningham, as well as units the Houston Oilers passing game aren't nearly as good as they were in the NES version of the game. Nevermind that Bo Jackson, arguably the greatest video game football player ever, had since retired due to injury. So, for people who mainly played the NES version, the rosters may seem like a giant WTF (Pun slightly intended there, are the Giants are one of the teams most hit :().

Of course, Jerry Rice (Or should I say, Corey Oldman 8)) and San Francisco are still amazing, as is the Buffalo team that was still busy losing the big one year after year :P. Anyone who enjoyed any of the Tecmo Super Bowl games will love this thing. Well worth the 800 points.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Hyakushiki

Bought Super Street Fighter IV today, pretty much like SF IV but some of the new ultras and characters are nice as well as the remixed themes from the original soundtrack.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!