Armored Core: For Answer (PS3/X360)

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mwulf

Armored Core: For Answer (PS3/X360)

And the next new game is announced!
The Magic Box wrote:- From Software announced Armored Core: For Answer for PS3 and Xbox 360, the latest installment of the popular mech combat series, coming out in Japan in March 2008. This time the game will have giant weapons named Armed Fortresses, you need to break individual parts before you can open up and attack its core. The game will have online cooperative missions in both versions.
Neogaf Forums wrote:
"It's 4: Answer, not for answer, right?"
for Answer
AC4 launched around the same time the consoles did, so it couldn't really have that deep of a single-player mode. Because of this, the new game's intended to have more of a plot, and eventual resolution; thus, the name became "for Answer".
* Giant weapon "Arms Fort" is introduced, with a size of around 7km. To attack it, you need to wipe out the parts on the edges before infiltrating and destroying the core. There's many different methods to do this and take one down.
* Online coop in mission play.
* Easy mode added.
EDIT: and here's a bit more info. Sounds pretty cool!
kurokishi of Insert Credit wrote:Due to some conscientious ninjas, I was sent some scans of the latest Famitsu which contained an exclusive preview of the upcoming sequel to Armored Core 4. Entitled Armored Core for Answer, it utilizes the same game engine as Armored Core 4 but with some substantial modifications. For a start, each area will be around 20km square, they are going all-out to emphasize scale in relation to immense mobile fortresses. There will also be online co-op(!) and the series will finally feature playable mecha that are fully transformable.

The big thing for me is that From Software is hiring THREE major mecha designers to work on the game. The first is Shoji Kawamori, who was responsible for the transformable Valkyries in Macross and was instrumental in the creation of the design work for the older Armored Core games. Kawamori will be penning the NEXT mecha (basically the new futuristic AC's seen in AC4). Kazutaka Miyatake and Makoto Kobayashi will be designing the huge mobile fortresses. Both these latter gentleman are of special interest because Miyatake actually designed the SDF-1 from Macross and Kobayashi is a complete nut for complex bulbous machinery (his work on Dragon's Heaven is a personal favorite of mine, as it was relatively unfettered compared to his involvement in Zeta Gundam and the Venus Wars movie).

From the article it seems that both the PS3 and 360 versions will be released simultaneously (in Japan) in March of next year. Toshifumi Nabeshima will return as producer and I totally dig the funky logo.
Here are the pictures/scans:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i313/ ... /AC4UK.jpg
http://i9.tinypic.com/7xnprif.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/8dyv5zn.jpg

And my response to the news:

Oh, dear god. I hope that lineart makes it into the game. It looks fantastic--particularly if they're going to add more focus to the single-player campaign. I'm not a big fan of most online games--too many people have headsets these days.

I wonder what the English name will be... For Answer won't fly... but, hell, even if it were awesome (like "True odyssey") it'd be "translated" into something stupid (like "MS Saga").

I'm hoping they COMPLETELY retool the menu system--particularly the garage and shop--to something more manageable, like, say, Last Raven's setup.

Plus new parts that don't look like minor alterations of older parts.

It would also be cool if they could let us change game speeds. Not how fast the animations are--so no slo-mo explosions or weaponfire--but adjust how quickly the "universe" is--so adjustable movement and rate-of-fire times. It'd really like that. AC4 is a bit too fast for me.

EDIT: With the new info... dear god. It sounds like the BEST GAME EVER. :shock:
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I'm having to shoot down a 7km mobile fortress?

...I need more weapons!

Chainguns!!! NOW!!!
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Toxicity

Shoji Kawamori
I'm sold. I have to get this game. With Kawamori designing the ACs, the transformable stuff should nothing less than amazing.
Tafumi

In times of extreme duress and misfortune, I sometimes question the existance of God or a higher power.

Dwelling in my darkest hour, a hand reaches out and says "Dude, you got to play this game."

That hour is now. And now I need a release date.
Kurando

Tafumi wrote:In times of extreme duress and misfortune, I sometimes question the existance of God or a higher power.

Dwelling in my darkest hour, a hand reaches out and says "Dude, you got to play this game."

That hour is now. And now I need a release date.
March 2008 in japan :D
Strike Zero

What would you predict the American release date to be though?

I MUST HAVE THIS GAME! NEED IT NAO!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Mwulf

Summer or Fall '08 would be my guess.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
mcred23

From the last paragraph of the third quote in the opening post...
From the article it seems that both the PS3 and 360 versions will be released simultaneously (in Japan) in March of next year.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Kurando

Re: Armored Core: For Answer (PS3/X360)

Mwulf wrote:And the next new game is announced!
Oh, dear god. I hope that lineart makes it into the game.
That lineart mecha IS infact the white mecha you see in
this pic >> http://i9.tinypic.com/7xnprif.jpg << incase you havent realized. Supposedly, It is white glint's new ac. It seems to be using a newer OB booster system that was mentioned somewhere I don't remember. As you see in the lineart, the backpack has like tons of boosters to go at "WTF oh sh** on a sh** sandwich teh G FORCE! IT BURNS! BBQ STYLE" speed.

THE COUNTDOWN! on the official site! it counts to 2 more hours left! for what I wonder
http://www.armoredcore.net/top/index.html

PLEAASE let it be a PV!
Last edited by Kurando on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Mwulf

@mcred: er... Japan=/=U.S. ... ~__~

I'm hoping for... well, a TON of stuff. It'll probably only be the opening FMV or a short trailer, though.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Kurando

Mwulf wrote: It'll probably only be the opening FMV or a short trailer, though.
As a rabid AC fan, either will please me anyways

Im VERY curious how they will handle the whole transforming thing.. the parts from the last game are not able to transform, and nobody ever mentioned ACs transforming.. yet there are transformable mecha playable.. and transform into what? hmm.. Im not worried about how they will transform with the awesomness of Shoji Kamawori.. But I don't see how such a customizable ac can still make a perfect transformation while maybe some parts wouldn't fit so I don't see that happening. Maybe and most likely, only some parts can transform.
Last edited by Kurando on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mwulf

From what I understand, there will be ACs and something called "NEXT ACs"--which are the things that transform. I thought NEXT was just the name of the pilots or something from AC4, but it's been a while since I played the story mode.

I dunno if BOTH types will be playable, but they could always make two seperate garages--one for transformable ACs another for normal ACs. Of course, it's also a question as to whether or not the transformations will differ, or all be the same.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Kurando

Mwulf wrote:From what I understand, there will be ACs and something called "NEXT ACs"--which are the things that transform. I thought NEXT was just the name of the pilots or something from AC4, but it's been a while since I played the story mode.

I dunno if BOTH types will be playable, but they could always make two seperate garages--one for transformable ACs another for normal ACs. Of course, it's also a question as to whether or not the transformations will differ, or all be the same.
NEXTs are the ACs in ac4, not the pilots. The pilots are also ranked in diffrent ways too though, Originals are just normal people that pilot the mecha with just the controls, then there are the Human Plus pilots which are pretty much the newtypes of the ac series. From what I can remember, NEXT acs can be controlled by the mind aswell by controls, but depending on the user, can cause a varying amount of mental stress. The pilot must be naturally born compatible to use the whole mind control thing though IIRC

The story mode in AC4 is pretty forgetable since it is the lamest story of them all (I forget most of it. I only remember the bits of info that stood out the most to me). Hopefully AC4A will improve on the story.

EDIT: I remember something. The pilots in ac4 are called Lynx instead of Ravens like in previous ac games.
Last edited by Kurando on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Toxicity

The story in Ac4 is pretty much nonexistent in my eyes. You're a merc working for that craphole Anatolia. They send you out on random missions, most of which are search and destroy missions.
Kurando

W00T less than an hour left on this freaking countdown. It better not be lame and it better be video/videos about AC4A

Hopefully all the stages don't focus on these huge fort space ship things.. that would suck.
Toxicity

I must've missed something. Countdown for what?
Kurando

Toxicity wrote:I must've missed something. Countdown for what?
here http://www.armoredcore.net/top/index.html there is a countdown for something...

Half an hour left!
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Kurando wrote:
Toxicity wrote:I must've missed something. Countdown for what?
here http://www.armoredcore.net/top/index.html there is a countdown for something...

Half an hour left!
About that link, what's this about January 10th? That's not the March date everyone keeps quoting. (Obviously). Sorry I can't read. =/

I really hope they restore the weapons variety from the ps2 gen games. Now that the new game will be extremely awesome, it won't need to be so noob friendly to make sales. Cannons and missiles can only go so far.

Chainguns!! Now!!!
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Mwulf

Projectiles>>>>>>>>>>>Energy. In every mecha everywhere.

I dunno what's up with that date... thing is, the banner is just AC4. Vanilla. Maybe it's a firmware update? Hm.... anyway, 3 minutes left.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Kurando

The count down is over... but..

IT DOES NOTHING!? except links me to the page I am already on!!!!! WTF that sucks big time!!!!