Armored Core: For Answer (PS3/X360)

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mwulf

o__O

Yeah... that's messed up. Maybe the site's getting too much traffic?

Anyway, the January 10 thing is just the day the price of AC4 changes. It's going down to 2940Y, which is around $30 USD.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Kurando

The official site is up.. but there is nothing on it right now http://www.armoredcore.net/acfa/

Kinda lame =/
volrath77

I just hope that when this little piece of mecha awesomeness is released, it is not released at the same time with other good games (if any). It's not that I'm not going to pick it up. You'll need the Apocalypse to stop me, that's for sure...it's just that I hope I won't have to blow a smoking hole in my pocket like what happened recently
Toxicity wrote:
Shoji Kawamori
I'm sold. I have to get this game. With Kawamori designing the ACs, the transformable stuff should nothing less than amazing.
Don't you know he had been designing ACs since AC Project Phantasma? All AC part designs since then and up to AC4 were his handiwork.
AU_Gundam MK II

No. Someone else took over for Kawamori after Silent Line. It's just that the new artist was making his designs in lieu with Kawamori's, thus the similarities. 4 on the other hand blatantly shows that Kawamori wasn't doing it.

I'm happy for Shoji's return, his work on the AC3 era ACs are a fave.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
J.E.

AU_Gundam MK II wrote:No. Someone else took over for Kawamori after Silent Line.
Just where did you get that info?

And only a few brand new parts were designed in last raven, Like the python, U5 core and the sr2 head. And I don't think there's a need for him to design new parts in LR since they just re-used the older ones.
AU_Gundam MK II

I might be confused on the AC3 matter. All I'm certain is that someone else did AC4's designs.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
bluemax151

Re: Armored Core: For Answer (PS3/X360)

The Magic Box wrote:-The game will have online cooperative missions in both versions.

SOLD

CO-OP has generally been the worst feature of every AC game. I already know of at least 3 people I can count on to play with.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Kurando

May I ask for some CERTIAN information of who designed the parts for each ac game?
Toxicity

AC4 was the first one I'd ever seriously played (I played 3 once, but was turned off by the graphics and confusing controls....I'm a noob :cry: ).

So regardless of who was doing the designing for the previous games, this is the first time I've ever seen any names, and for me, it's awesome to have Shoji as the first name that I recognize in the credits.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Well, here are Kawamori-sama's credits. =P

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0442828/.

It includes that strangle little Omega Boost game, too?

But yeah, he's listed in the credits for mostly every AC game except for 4. He also seems to be missing from 9 Breaker and Last Raven. Maybe those last two got a little redundant for him, or maybe the page just hasn't been updated as of late.

I'm waiting for the announcement that the composer will be Yoko Kanno. Then I'd need to change my pants.

I think the soundtrack on Nexus has been the best so far. That might be a little unfair since it is also a compilation of all the games' music up to that point. Last Raven's was just rather dull, and I have not gotten to hear AC4 yet.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Kurando

Seraphic wrote: I'm waiting for the announcement that the composer will be Yoko Kanno. Then I'd need to change my pants.

I think the soundtrack on Nexus has been the best so far. That might be a little unfair since it is also a compilation of all the games' music up to that point. Last Raven's was just rather dull, and I have not gotten to hear AC4 yet.
AC4's soundtrack is actually pretty sweet. There are some more trademark 'vocal songs that the lyrics are nigh impossible to make out' kinda songs too. AC1-MOA and AC3-NX had the best soundtrack, though.
Mwulf

Well, we've got some screens from Famitsu, at least.

http://www.famitsu.com/interview/articl ... _1493.html

Plus a video interview, for anyone that can comprehend. But it seems to be currently unavailable at the moment...

Nothing new on transformations, which sound awesome, but the screens do look pretty nice--especially the giant battleships. The ACs also look a bit... better proportion-wise, but it's hard to tell with the low level of detail.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
J-Lead

Hmm, I wonder if we can upload our AC's from our previous AC4 saved data. I'd hate to have to get rid of my precious Durandal, not to mention Durandal Xer (which is my proverbial mid-series upgrade.)
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
quasadra

been doing some speculation, i believe that only the individual parts that transform. two-leg type transfroms to hover-leg type or something similar, or only parts that came from the same line can do a full transfromation.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Mwulf

Eh... I really hated how they disallowed part combos in AC4. I don't know part names, but I really wanted to do those winglike weapon-arms w/ the giant ECM shoulders that looked like wings, with those massive back-beam wings. It would have looked amazing.

Gotta love my current AC, though. The Seraphim. It's painted white, it's got the shoulder ECMs that look like wings, missiles & a sniper cannon on it's back, and blades on each arm. It's very light, and very fast. Nasty.

I wouldn't care to lose it for AC:FA, though. I tend to have more fun playing in the garage than anywhere else.

As for transforming... they could determine that by core. So if you have a normal core, you can only use "normal" parts, but if you select a "transforming core" you can use special parts designed for that core--that way, you could have different transforming cores that could accomodate different types of transformations.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
quasadra

what? AC4 cant combine parts?! :shock: pardon me i have never play AC4. does it means you are stuck with the parts of a specific manufacturer? mixing is what AC is about, as i easily spent hours on tweaking before starting a difficult mission.

if the core theory is correct, then we gonna have "normal" Next(i believe this is the name for the new ACs) and transforming Next. or better still, give me a transforming weapon(Excia's GN sword came in into mind).
Mwulf

You know how you can't equip a rifle with weapon arms?

It's kind of like that. Some parts cannot be equipped with other parts.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
quasadra

oh... i thought you can only use parts from Crest or Mirage and so on. still it would not be a problem if only a few parts is like this.
Kurando

Mwulf wrote:Eh... I really hated how they disallowed part combos in AC4. I don't know part names, but I really wanted to do those winglike weapon-arms w/ the giant ECM shoulders that looked like wings, with those massive back-beam wings. It would have looked amazing.
That was only because when the wing-like back beam weapons fold down to shoot. The extentions would be in the way of it. Also weapon arms don't even have hands and if you could carry weapons on weapon arms, everybody would be using them. Its like on the hogire head, You can't use some stabilizer parts on it because some are too big and the spike on it's head gets in the way.
quasadra wrote:oh... i thought you can only use parts from Crest or Mirage and so on. still it would not be a problem if only a few parts is like this.
Only game I have experienced with stuff like that was Steel Lancer Arena International (and prolly it's first game, phantom crash since SLAI is the second one) which really did minimize the amount of creativity you could have with the parts since they were all only useable with the parts of that company. Although may I add In ac4, most of the people you fight in the arena (simulator) sure like to stick to that parts of the same company.
quasadra wrote:been doing some speculation, i believe that only the individual parts that transform. two-leg type transfroms to hover-leg type or something similar, or only parts that came from the same line can do a full transfromation.
That would make a lot of sense actually. They could sort of bring back hovers by doing that. And the legs of the yellow/gold acs in the lower left corners of one of the scans sure looks capable of doing that. The legs would transform when in air or something else like that.
Toxicity

In those screenshots, I can't pick out any new parts. If I didn't know better, I'd say I was looking at a bunch of screenshots from AC4.