Armored Core: For Answer (PS3/X360)

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Oh, I think I'm in love....

Just skip past the first match if it's too hard to see. They look slightly silly when placed so far apart, but I'll definitely be sporting a pair of those! I just don't know how useful they'll be while playing online. If you want to compete, you NEED A PAIR OF THESE.

You can just start that second one from 1:40. Any earlier or later is kind of pointless (don't watch the shotgun part. So boring), unless you just want to check out that really neat looking AC frame at the beginning.

Yeah, some psycho really did turn the FINGER MG into a back cannon. It even has 1200 rounds now.

Oh, and Recon5, quad legs are used for their land cruising speeds nowadays, since any sort of leg can fire back cannons. No more kneeling in Armored Core. It's hard to find any videos that demonstrate the quad legs very well, though. I distinctly remember one, but I'll have to dig it up later.

*I'm sorry if I keep spoiling everything. I'm so psyched for this! ^_^;
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Toxicity

Can you tell me anything about the AC in the first part of the vid? That thing looked like a freaking toothpick!

I remember hearing the there were going to be transformable ACs in For Answer. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Seraphic

Toxicity wrote:Can you tell me anything about the AC in the first part of the vid? That thing looked like a freaking toothpick!

I remember hearing the there were going to be transformable ACs in For Answer. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
That AC is called Fragile, un-ironically. I posted this in the random video thread:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qxu6_y6zbzk
Fragile appears at 2:55. I'm afraid I can't say much more until the game comes stateside, or if I spontaneously understand Japanese for no reason. =p

The only evidence of transformation I've seen so far is when White Glint takes off with the Vanguard OverBoost attachment. The head folds in, arms forward, and the legs tuck backward underneath the rocket's shaft. That counts as a transformation in some circles. Maybe Gundam has spoiled us all a bit much. I don't think we'll be getting anything as radical as a waverider/bird-mode. Not to mention the White Glint core (yeah, the part is named after him, too) just about completely folds open when it uses OB.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

Recon 5

There's a demo vid on youtube with some Japanese guys just fooling around. The guy who recorded it was using a quad, but he was just sort of walking most of the time so it didn't really show off the capabilities of the legs.

here
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Seraphic

Recon 5 wrote:There's a demo vid on youtube with some Japanese guys just fooling around. The guy who recorded it was using a quad, but he was just sort of walking most of the time so it didn't really show off the capabilities of the legs.

here
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KI4tNQFKB_k

This is kind of an annoying match to watch, but the second half demonstrates quad legs pretty good. Notice how quickly they can glide along the ground compared to all the biped ACs. And theoretically, they can do this at almost no energy cost due to the boosters, except we can't see that because of the remote camera. Just take my word for it. And yeah, that was just 4 and not fA. The same physics should apply, I hope.

Edit: Oh, and quad legs have better recoil support from using back cannons. Yeah, that's pretty straightforward.
-Antares

abrahamsen0

Anybody know the name of the AC in the intro movie for Amored core 4 :?:
Seraphic

Probably not the most appropriate topic to be asking this, but close. =)

AC4's opening featured Supplice/Berlioz, a little shimpy looking guy using dual rifles (that fire like machingeguns, apparently). The little preview thinger before the release featured Nobleese Oblige. Eh...the easiest way to recognize Nobleese is by those "angel-wing" cannons. I really hate referring to those weapons that way, though.

And just in case you meant something else, 4 Answer's star AC is White Glint, a not so shrimpy lookin' guy using dual rifles. The easiest way to recognize him is that he's blindingly white. =P
-Antares

abrahamsen0

Seraphic wrote:Probably not the most appropriate topic to be asking this, but close. =)

AC4's opening featured Supplice/Berlioz, a little shimpy looking guy using dual rifles (that fire like machingeguns, apparently). The little preview thinger before the release featured Nobleese Oblige. Eh...the easiest way to recognize Nobleese is by those "angel-wing" cannons. I really hate referring to those weapons that way, though.

And just in case you meant something else, 4 Answer's star AC is White Glint, a not so shrimpy lookin' guy using dual rifles. The easiest way to recognize him is that he's blindingly white. =P
Thanks for the info. :)
Reven

Since I don't think it has not been mentioned yet:
From Armored Core Online

Last year's Armored Core 4 low sales, missed expectations and industry disappointment in the new generation of the Armored Core series, has led Sega, Armored Core's publisher in the U.S. to most likely skip the new Armored Core For Answer game, released in Japan back in March 2008.

According to PSU, Armored Core For Answer is ranked 853 out of 870 games in a popularity index, the evidence has been mounting for weeks in hope of an official Sega announcement but all hopes have been slowly fading. The most devastating proof that Sega is in fact not planning to port the game to America came in the form of phone calls to one of my media and advertising contacts over at Sega whom when asked about the resurrection of the ACRavens.com website said: "We do not have anything in store for that (Armored Core For Answer) game, in fact I haven't heard anything about this game around the office."

The solution to this problem will be importing the Japanese version of Armored Core For Answer. Things to remember if you do plan to import the game is that for the PS3 version you should not have an issue as the PS3 version is not region restricted and your imported Armored Core game will work well, but the same cannot be said about the Xbox 360 version, which is region coded and your Xbox 360 will not play Japanese titles.

At this point in time all the signs point to the logical conclusion that Sega will not port Armored Core For Answer to America, so as dedicated fans, let's hope for the best but expect the worst.
I figure everyone here already knows, but I figured I post just so its there.
Toxicity

Yeah, I read that a week or so ago, and I was very disappointed indeed. They don't make Armored Core like they used to. :cry:
VR7

You might as well import ACFA, (if you have a PS3) or wait and see if another publisher picks it up. I found today that the regulation file servers were not working. Maybe it's a bad sign or maybe it's just me, but seeing as AC4 regulations have never been up to date with the Japanese equivalent of the game, it's very likely that Sega is dropping support for AC4 entirely.
-noel
Cacophanus

VR7

bunpy

Rumour patrol time.

I imported For Answer, currently on my third playthrough. It really is a great game--a lot of the stuff AC4 did well, For Answer does better. A lot of the major problems with AC4, (i.e. really short missions, ugly postshading effects) For Answer fixes completely.

For those that have played the For Answer demo, the framerate is actually improved in the final game. I wonder why the AC demos aren't very well optimized...

Lastly, Lahires are awesome.
-noel
Toxicity

Now that the game is out and people have played/beaten it, can someone tell me if the transformable parts that were supposed to be in the game actually showed up?

As for that Wal-Mart employee's interesting find: I don't care who's publishing it in the US, just so long as it does get published over here.

Also, is that Lahires thing an MT/Normal or an AC?
VR7

No variable transform ACs, sorry. All ACs are capable of using VOB, which is automatically equipped for specific missions. It's possible that ACs have similar basic transformation capability to White Glint, but not anything special beyond that.

Lahire is a set of light humanoid AC parts by Omer, optimized mainly for speed and aerial mobility. They also use medium AC blade swing animations, despite being light, which makes them more optimal for blading than Salaf or other light parts. Lahire parts are used by Otsdarva, the No. 1 Collared Linx and pilot of Stasis, which appears in the trailer.
-noel
volrath77

After reading the plot summary for 4A on wiki, I'm depressed already.
Turinu

volrath77 wrote:After reading the plot summary for 4A on wiki, I'm depressed already.
In a positive or negative way? XD

I read all the story branches last night on wiki and was like "GOD, I NEED THIS GAME. BRING IT TO AMERICA". XD
As for that Wal-Mart employee's interesting find: I don't care who's publishing it in the US, just so long as it does get published over here.
Yeah. I feel exactly the same way; as long as it gets published over here, I could care less which company is the one publishing it. Just as long as it hits our shores!
volrath77

If you're the carnage lover type, you'll be happy. If you're the goody hero type, you'll be depressed.

I'm the goody hero type dammit!
Turinu

volrath77 wrote:If you're the carnage lover type, you'll be happy. If you're the goody hero type, you'll be depressed.

Well, one of the branches is of the goody-hero type, but the other two are "puppet hero type" and "SIEG HEIL HITLER!" type.
Cacophanus

Shori wrote:
volrath77 wrote:If you're the carnage lover type, you'll be happy. If you're the goody hero type, you'll be depressed.

Well, one of the branches is of the goody-hero type, but the other two are "puppet hero type" and "SIEG HEIL HITLER!" type.
...yeah, but you need to complete ALL the missions on Normal and Hard to get all the parts and FRS points.