Prepare yourself. Street Fighter IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Wedge14

Prepare yourself. Street Fighter IV

Teaser Trailer

So it's been finally revealed. I dunno about you guys i've been kinda waiting for this for a long time. I actually had given up hope and thought it would never happen.

Very little information has been released except the trailer. But it was enough to get me excited.

I really hope the game is depicted in an art style similar to the trailer. As much as i love the 3d and the sprites i think this style will be far more appealing.

:D :D :D :D
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Hyakushiki

I've heard about this, I must say this is very interesting. As long as it has my girl Cammy I'll be happy!
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Wedge14

This isn't really Street Fighter IV news but heres a crappy phone video of SSFIITHDR

It's been an exciting two days for street fighter and fighting game fans.

Tho i must admit SSFIITHDR lost a lot of it's thunder with the promise of a Street Fighter IV. And the crappy quality of the video makes it hard to tell it's not the original.

Also the music used sounds like the music from OCremix's blood on the asphalt CD. Man i really hope they can some how snatch those hot jams for the actual game!

Annon Kaies Zi

I've never been a huge Street Fighter fan (I generally stick with 3D Versus Fighters), but I've become interesting in giving some of the more recent Street Fighters another chance. I'll probably be purchasing Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, to give it a try. And I want to try out Street Fighter III 3rd Strike.

However, this was very interesting news nonetheless when I saw it. We haven't seen an original Street Fighter game come up since 1999 (Street Fighter III 3rd Strike). Other than that, everything has been either minor upgrades or compilations. Very strange that Capcom is almost coming out of nowhere to complete this sequel, which is long overdue. What interest me is what kind of art style they'll take this in. I think it's fair to say it will stay a 2D fighter. However, I wonder if they will go for The King of Fighters XII style, and render it in 3D (some call this 2.5D). Or if they'll keep the same kinda style that made them famous. Or perhaps they'll so a style similar to the trailer (obviously not to the same extent). Again, will be interesting to find out what Capcom has up its sleeve.
-Annon Kaies Zi
[email protected]

(Avatar made from an Anaheim Machines rendering.)
Aegis

The last SF I enjoyed was SFA2, while I still consider SSF2T to be the absolute best. Couldn't get into any of the SF3 series partially since I was never THAT good at fighters and thus parries was something I couldn't do consistantly due to my own lack of timing, and I wasn't thrilled with the overall lineup and their designs. I also liked Super Turbo level speed as well.

I won't get my hopes up, especially after being underwhelmed by the Capcom vs SNK series, but I give Capcom credit for making such a salivating teaser. In spite of the lack of a decent SF to get hooked on, I have to say that it's ABOUT TIME.
AmuroNT1

A Capcom official posted on their website, commenting that the game was contracted out to Capcom Japan, despite the fact that Capcom America owns the rights to SF now (Japan sold it because they thought the series was dead; America thought Japan would do a better job of making the game).

He continued to say that they're keeping EVERYTHING about this game tightly under wraps - character count, returning cast, game system, 2D/2.5D/3D, and most especially what platforms it'll be for. New information will come before the year ends, but for now they're keeping everything nice and Area 51.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Wedge14

So it's 3d but on a 2d plane. And gorgeous btw.

Linky

No word of my man Zangief yet. Or the console....best be PS3...wedge doesn't wanna have to buy another console. :?

AmuroNT1

Some comments I've seen about the game...

-Takes place between 2 and 3

-Lots of classic characters will return, with several new ones (including at least two new girls). SF3 characters will probably not be present.

-Most confusing of all, Shen Long might be in the game. No, seriously.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Wedge14

AmuroNT1 wrote:Some comments I've seen about the game...
Not to be rude, but were did you hear all that information?

From what i've read, at the capcom blogs and at iup and other places the only returning characters will be Ryu, Ken, Chun Li and Dhalsim.

Well thats what has been revealed so far.

EDIT: NVM I found a place with that information.

Link

Genocide

I love Street Fighter, but I just hope to God this doesn't turn out like Street Fighter EX or what SNK did with Maximum Impact. 3D graphics are nice, but honestly the whole "3D visuals + 2D gameplay" thing has never worked too well in the past. Personally, I'm actually more interested in the HD remake of SSF2T, despite it being an obvious gimmick.
Recon 5

I think 2D gameplay simply refers to characters only being able to move forward and backward, and to jump. Believe me, I very much prefer that system over the sidestep/ rolling nonsense we've seen in nearly all fighters since the likes of Tekken and VF.

Sideways movement simply does not belong in a fighting game of this nature, in my opinion, as gameplay is complex enough without it.

As for the fighters, well, just having Dhalsim is good enough for me- what can I say? I love cheap shots. However, what I would really like is for them to bring Vega back. I developed an attachment to the claw man back in the original SF, even though he wasn't that useful :D .
Haros_Pet_Kat

I am very glad it will be Street Fighter-esque gameplay and not be another Virtua Fighter clone.
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
Wedge14

Recon 5 wrote: As for the fighters, well, just having Dhalsim is good enough for me- what can I say? I love cheap shots. However, what I would really like is for them to bring Vega back. I developed an attachment to the claw man back in the original SF, even though he wasn't that useful :D .
Vega is a demon if you know how to poke and just be annoying overall.

Honestly. I really really really really wish Zangief makes an appearance as a playable character. I'll probably be in tears if they make him a part of the cast. I love using lower tier grappling characters :D

As i've said numerous times i'm really excited over this game coming out. Bu

Genocide

In Capcom vs. SNK 2, I'd always keep Vega as my last resort character. I can do some ridiculously cheap tricks with him, namely bouncing off the walls and confusing the crap out of the person I'm playing against.

Personally, I want to see Sagat make a return. Plotwise, the guy needs to get his rematch with Ryu already. I mean, he's gotta be in his 50's at this point. I'd also like to see Feilong make a return since he was one of my best characters in SF2, although his low popularity probably wouldn't warrant it.
Hyakushiki

Wedge14 wrote: Honestly. I really really really really wish Zangief makes an appearance as a playable character. I'll probably be in tears if they make him a part of the cast. I love using lower tier grappling characters :D

As i've said numerous times i'm really excited over this game coming out. Bu
My cousin is friends with a guy who is a absolute beast with Zangief, we played him at his house one night and nobody could touch him. He only gave up the controller when he got tired of beating us after getting 52 straight wins!
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Wedge14

Point is. Zangief and grapplers are nub killers. But when everyone knows what they're doing he's a bit crippling.

More importantly.

Game play footage[/url]

firefox

I love it, it's old school in new clothes :)

Now it better come on Wii, or i will nuke capcom!
In the end, nothing remains
Aegis

Now all I need is to wait for Ryu's Shin Shoryuken, and we'd be set. ;) I wished the EX series looked even half as decent as this...
Recon 5

Visuals like this would blow up a PS2 any day. The facial expressions are a really nice touch, though. Gotta love Ryu's when he gets a shoryuken in the gut.
Wedge14

I gotta say, Ryu and Ken really beefed up. I dunno. It reminds me of when Alpha came out, and I was like. HOLY CRAP look at the size of Ryu's feet!! They're bigger then his HEAD!!! But now thats just normal to me.
I really enjoy how they're striving to keep the cartoony aspect of it. (I hope they bring back the puking from SFII) (Actually i don't that look horrible all graphiced up :S)