Another Century's Episode

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Kuruni

Shinji103 wrote:My only real regret in the A.C.E series is that we never got to see SRW Banpresto Originals in it, like Kyousuke and Excellen, or better yet the SRX Team. They're Banpresto's own creations, so I don't see much of a problem in them including them in their own games. I would have loved to pilot the R-1 or the SRX and decimate enemies in a 3-D Action environment. :D
I'd love to see that, but since ACEs are produced by Form and only their original appear is MP Cloud Breaker, it's obvious why we don't see anything other than MP Gespenst Mk-II.

There maybe action game based-on OG verse in future, but I don't really has faith in Banpresto's action game after Great Battle 6 (which is just medicore).
My girlfriend was a loli.
AU_Gundam MK II

Kurando wrote:
AU_Gundam MK II wrote: Heck, these are better than the VS series of Bandai. More variety. More missions. Truer to the series in terms of usage (not armor).
I dunno about that now.. I mean the VS series (made by capcom btw) is an amazing game in its own right and they keep true to the gundam series too (Look at the god gundam videos of GvsG on youtube! its EXACTLY like the anime!). But saying ACE is better than the VS series I can't agree with. They are both great games for their own reasons.

Fromsoftware and Capcom are both my favourite companys for most games they make

But I must admit I prefer the bright colourful graphics of the more recent VS games than the dark look of ACE.
Main reason I say so is because Multi-lock weapons actually do lock onto multiple enemies, there are more enemies in each mission, fighting a boss really feels like fighting one and not a souped up grunt. And finally, ACE has more series. SRW styled games are much better in variety than ANYTHING a VS game could ever bring.

Missionwise, there is more variety and uniqueness compared to the VS games because they all seem to revolve around killing. (I refer to ACE2 for the mission variety) Also, all the mechs in the VS games have small HP for balancing.

What I'm saying is that, the ACE games do better in emulating the feel of those final climactic battles of the series present.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
VF5SS

I too feel that ACE has a much better emulation of high speed combat, and the space combat is also pretty nice. However I do wish the game had actual "physics" and not this "hang in the air forever" style. Although, some robots do fall slowly. Actually the level of physics in the Macross PS2 game (not Battlecry) was nearly perfect.
AU_Gundam MK II

VF5SS wrote:I too feel that ACE has a much better emulation of high speed combat, and the space combat is also pretty nice. However I do wish the game had actual "physics" and not this "hang in the air forever" style. Although, some robots do fall slowly. Actually the level of physics in the Macross PS2 game (not Battlecry) was nearly perfect.
The "hang in the air forever" thing was removed in the ACE3 and the only ones who could were those who flew actively in their respective shows. (Reasoning behind the rapid fall of Gundam and Shin Getter-3.)
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

AmuroNT1

The falling thing in ACE3 was sort of odd...I mean, the Freedom was pretty well flight-capable in both Seed and Destiny, but it's among the roster of "fallers" in ACE3.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Kuruni

Agree.

Normal mech (not-flight, not-rapid faller) in ACE3 float by thrusters. If leave still for a while, they will deactivate thrusters and fall. While that explan why Freedom fall (it rely on thrusters), fact that same thing not apply to Wing Gundam Zero make it weird (guess Japaneese either mistaken or known something we aren't).

Well, the best thing for ACE3, aside from Musou-like action-strategy, is the feeling when you first play final stage. Geez, I were stunted by Belct's ultimate machine, **SPOILER** Shin Dragon's True form **SPOILER*

And with Shinku play as background, it feel like actual final episode of an anime. It's my fault that play on Easy in first run, since Belct use only few attack and last battle is almost become boring chase battle. I realised his mech isn't pushover in second run, of cause.
Kurando

Kuruni wrote:
Shinji103 wrote:My only real regret in the A.C.E series is that we never got to see SRW Banpresto Originals in it, like Kyousuke and Excellen, or better yet the SRX Team. They're Banpresto's own creations, so I don't see much of a problem in them including them in their own games. I would have loved to pilot the R-1 or the SRX and decimate enemies in a 3-D Action environment. :D
I'd love to see that, but since ACEs are produced by Form and only their original appear is MP Cloud Breaker, it's obvious why we don't see anything other than MP Gespenst Mk-II.

There maybe action game based-on OG verse in future, but I don't really has faith in Banpresto's action game after Great Battle 6 (which is just medicore).
Cloudbreaker isn't an original. Its from a fromsoftware game called Murakumo.

The ACE original mecha were cool though. Exbrau B form from ACE 3 was awesome. Buster ark from ACE 2, Blood ark and Grave ark from ACE 3 were also cool
AU_Gundam MK II

Exbrau and the Arks were awesome. Shame that 3 just mainly rewrited the unit count instead of adding to it.

Darwyn

AU_Gundam MK II wrote:
Kurando wrote:
AU_Gundam MK II wrote: Heck, these are better than the VS series of Bandai. More variety. More missions. Truer to the series in terms of usage (not armor).
I dunno about that now.. I mean the VS series (made by capcom btw) is an amazing game in its own right and they keep true to the gundam series too (Look at the god gundam videos of GvsG on youtube! its EXACTLY like the anime!). But saying ACE is better than the VS series I can't agree with. They are both great games for their own reasons.

Fromsoftware and Capcom are both my favourite companys for most games they make

But I must admit I prefer the bright colourful graphics of the more recent VS games than the dark look of ACE.
Main reason I say so is because Multi-lock weapons actually do lock onto multiple enemies, there are more enemies in each mission, fighting a boss really feels like fighting one and not a souped up grunt. And finally, ACE has more series. SRW styled games are much better in variety than ANYTHING a VS game could ever bring.

Missionwise, there is more variety and uniqueness compared to the VS games because they all seem to revolve around killing. (I refer to ACE2 for the mission variety) Also, all the mechs in the VS games have small HP for balancing.

What I'm saying is that, the ACE games do better in emulating the feel of those final climactic battles of the series present.
That's because Vs games are just straight up competitive games(reason why i like em so much)

The Campaigns and story modes and whatnot are added when ported to the consoles.The Main attraction is the vs aspect of the game.
AU_Gundam MK II

Even then, the "campaign" and "story" modes are just mirrors of the same kind of combat. Just shoot, slice, and kill. Though I have to admit. The VS series are good games.

Darwyn

Isn't ACE the same way(or any other action game ever made)? Boost shoot kill :P
Kurando

Darwyn wrote:Isn't ACE the same way(or any other action game ever made)? Boost shoot kill :P
No. Not all action games are the same. ACE is more like ZOE while the VS games are.. well more competitive and are not like ZOE.
Darwyn

They are the same in the sense that

It involves in one way or another

X action X action Kill

Which more often than not can get really repetitive.

:lol:

For ACE's case it's boost [ ] button kill which is what drew me away from the series.The Vs series has more depth to its engine(the Seed games mostly) but again they're very different games.If you complain about Vs games being repetitive then ACE games would be unbearable I'd think.
VF5SS

Kurando wrote: Cloudbreaker isn't an original. Its from a fromsoftware game called Murakumo.
I think the Mass Productive version from ACE 1 is original. The Cloudbreaker was one of my favorite units in ACE 1 until I acquired some worthwhile Mobile Suits. It had a nice varied weapon selection and good speed. It's melee ability was poor (just like an Armored Core, haha) but it was leaps above the "I have two attacks and one of them has two shots" Gespenst Mk II. The poor Gespenst couldn't even run on the ground at a decent pace. I wonder if that's just inherent in the design.
Kuruni

Darwyn wrote:They are the same in the sense that

It involves in one way or another

X action X action Kill

Which more often than not can get really repetitive.

:lol:

For ACE's case it's boost [ ] button kill which is what drew me away from the series.The Vs series has more depth to its engine(the Seed games mostly) but again they're very different games.If you complain about Vs games being repetitive then ACE games would be unbearable I'd think.
I won't comment VS since never play one. But you get wrong idea for ACE (maybe except first, since I never play it either). Some mission will get you kill without thinking. Most notable are from ACE2 like...

1.Attack Nanafushi, where it will shoot rarely-miss gravity blast if you stay in air even for short period.

2.Battle inside Macross, I first fail the mission since Bilbine's aura giri cause quite damage to Macross City. Any big gun is bad choice here.

3.+4. L-Gaim and Layzner's debut. Story-wise, you don't register their machine to database yet and FCS will lock on their machine as well. This made multi-lock weapon almost useless and you must use your own eyes to identify your friend (harder with large mech). I'm both love and annoyed by these mission.

Sadly ACE3 has less variety and most of them are optional. L-Gain and Layzner's debut are recreat in DOME mission and now those G-Bit even hostile to player, but you can beat them without losing (but would miss Secret though).

Well, that's all I have to say. Please don't make this thread derail to VS thread.
AU_Gundam MK II

Ok, back on topic.

On the note of the series included in ACE3, what would you have wanted there?

Also, is there an option that allows you to not watch the movie with the Gekko and Nadesico going between worlds through the wormhole? (I know about the start button, but I want to know if there is an option in the options menu to do this.)

Kurando

AU_Gundam MK II wrote:Ok, back on topic.

On the note of the series included in ACE3, what would you have wanted there?

Also, is there an option that allows you to not watch the movie with the Gekko and Nadesico going between worlds through the wormhole? (I know about the start button, but I want to know if there is an option in the options menu to do this.)
Gaogaigar (and final) and Gurren lagann would have made the game perfect. If it was possible they could put in FMP and Code Geass to add some varity with some more land based mecha, Although they would need to alter the system abit. Also Gundam seed destiny, Just for the sake of having Destiny Gundam and Strike Freedom. I would also like Stargazer and Astray, But there would be little chance of that happening.
AmuroNT1

To my knowledge, there's no way to deactivate the FMVs.

As for what I'd want in the game...well, I don't really think any shows needed to be added. If they had just done more with the ones they had, things would have worked out pretty well. Including Seed's plot would have kept the World A plot from just being Char's Counterattack all over again, and they really wasted the opportunity to make full use of Turn A and Wings of Rean. At the same time, even if they didn't include all this stuff, they could have at least given some of the "extra" series more than one or two mecha.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Kuruni

Agree with AmuroNT1; if it have that many "guest" mech with current cast, add more won't help it much.
Bord

Too bad this is the final game in the series... :( It was good, but it could have done better. But hey, Wing Zero is very enjoyable here... :)