Super Robot Wars: OG Mk. II

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Imperial

Bright Noa wrote:OGG boxart
It'...so...BEAUTIFUL!

I know Folka is slated to be one of our mains (alongside Raul), but I'm surprised the Ialdaboth got center stage. I would have guessed more Kusuha-pandering with RKO in the center or Compatible Kaiser or even Cybuster.

Suffice to say I'm pleasantly surprised.
This space for rent
codename:v

I think the first OGS cover is still better than this one, it looks like everyone are sticking guns and throwing fists into each other faces...
This might not be a finalised cover, who knows? Sooner or later, Banpresto is coming up with a special edition...
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mark064

If you can call something on youtube HQ...

Lots of weird enemies in this one.
Kurando

OH MAN OGG IS LOOKING AWESOME! new pv!

fiona from swtr is CONFIRMED
compatabile kaiser gets an upgrade
yadabiout gets an upgrade

those were the things that caught my attention the most about ogg in the new trailer
Bright Noa

Kurando wrote:OH MAN OGG IS LOOKING AWESOME! new pv!

fiona from swtr is CONFIRMED
compatabile kaiser gets an upgrade
yadabiout gets an upgrade

those were the things that caught my attention the most about ogg in the new trailer
The CK you saw is the still incomplete version we saw in OGs, actually. It'll probably get its complete form in OGG....

And Fiona was in OGs, the PV just confirmed that she survived her Excellence's Time Engine overloading due to Axel trashing it. How? That's probably a big part of the OGG storyline, if you ask me.

Still waiting on Apothesized Valefar, Duminas' other two forms, rest of the Shura Gods, Emi/G-Thundergate, and if Lee Linjun will appear in some form or another......

And for the record, it's Ialdabaoth......and the "upgrade" is it's Apothesized form......which looks seriously powerful, if you ask me.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"

Somehow this is just isn't new, all these OG mechs are nothing new to SRW diehard fans and I have yet to see some really NEW OGG mechs.
Recon 5

Whats the difference between Folka and Iadabaoth, anyway? They look like remolds/ repaints of each other, and I haven't been able to find any vids of unique attacks for each one. Every Folka/ Iadabaoth fight I've seen looks like shadow boxing...

Folka's a guy (a belts fetist as well) who rides on the Ialdabaoth like Domon Kassu in a God Gundam and that's the apeothesized form (some kind of god-like mode) of the Ialdabaoth throwing thousands of fists.
Kuruni

Recon 5 wrote:Whats the difference between Folka and Iadabaoth, anyway? They look like remolds/ repaints of each other, and I haven't been able to find any vids of unique attacks for each one. Every Folka/ Iadabaoth fight I've seen looks like shadow boxing...
By Folka, I guess you mean Valefor :wink: . Well, it's has different hair (more like tentacles in Valefor's) and colours but that's all. They're very different in apeothesized form (more of evolution, actually). In Compact 3, Iadabaoth's armor become pure white with red orb on chest and each palm. It's "mask" also gone, reveal handsome humanoid-ish face (well, like many super robot). Valefor, however, has demonic appearance with sharp teeth and claws (maybe also cape but I'm not certain) while retain it's colours. One of it's attack has several eyes appear on overall body which shooting black beam.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Destiny_Gundam

Bright Noa wrote:The CK you saw is the still incomplete version we saw in OGs, actually. It'll probably get its complete form in OGG....
It'll probably combine with his sister's mech right?

I can't way for some Obari gattai goodness.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Kurando

Kuruni wrote:
Recon 5 wrote:Whats the difference between Folka and Iadabaoth, anyway? They look like remolds/ repaints of each other, and I haven't been able to find any vids of unique attacks for each one. Every Folka/ Iadabaoth fight I've seen looks like shadow boxing...
In Compact 3, Iadabaoth's armor become pure white with red orb on chest and each palm. It's "mask" also gone, reveal handsome humanoid-ish face (well, like many super robot).
Its the face that ruined the design for me. I wish it kept the mask... The design looks so awesome and all =(

If anybody has a good lineart picture of apeothsized Ialdabaoth i would really apreciate that. I wanna look at the design much better since its hard in the pv.

EDIT: well.. I saw the C3 version of it. At least the OGG version looks MUCH cooler. Although im not a fan of humanoid face mecha =/.
Bright Noa

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Bright Noa wrote:The CK you saw is the still incomplete version we saw in OGs, actually. It'll probably get its complete form in OGG....
It'll probably combine with his sister's mech right?

I can't way for some Obari gattai goodness.
Well, we don't officially know who Emi is yet.............but I'll definitely spend several hours in a blank stare if it is NOT Shoko.......I mean.....could Banpresto make that any more obvious?
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"

Somehow I find all the mechs designs are less thrilling as most of the new mechs introduced are of originals taken from older SRW games and the only newest mech is the lousy Genspenst MKII custom...
By first impression, I highly doubt that OGG would be able to live up to other titles like Alpha series and OGS because the follow-ups are not impressive and would likely be dampened by second-hand storyplots.
So what with flashy animations, which we've seen a dozen times while playing it and I bet most of you turn off the animation scene to save time and because you are tired of it, didn't you?
Banpresto isn't doing a good job here as this might be their last OG title for good and they are not giving us something that can wow us and let the title ends with a bang. And I wonder how long can Banpresto continues by ripping off existing mechas from other sources into any future SRW titles, isn't it high time to give SRW a brand of its own like OGS? If not, then it's official. SRW IS THE BIGGEST RIP-OFF OF ALL MECHA GAMES.
Wingnut

codename:v wrote:SRW IS THE BIGGEST RIP-OFF OF ALL MECHA GAMES.
*Insert epic slowpoke.jpg* Duh. It's always been like that. From the very first SRW game.

The very concept of it all relies on using parts from various sources to make a (somwhat) coherent storyline. It takes parts from all the stories of the series that are in the game and I never heard you cry foul before, so why now?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kurando

codename:v wrote:Somehow I find all the mechs designs are less thrilling as most of the new mechs introduced are of originals taken from older SRW games and the only newest mech is the lousy Genspenst MKII custom...
By first impression, I highly doubt that OGG would be able to live up to other titles like Alpha series and OGS because the follow-ups are not impressive and would likely be dampened by second-hand storyplots.
So what with flashy animations, which we've seen a dozen times while playing it and I bet most of you turn off the animation scene to save time and because you are tired of it, didn't you?
Banpresto isn't doing a good job here as this might be their last OG title for good and they are not giving us something that can wow us and let the title ends with a bang. And I wonder how long can Banpresto continues by ripping off existing mechas from other sources into any future SRW titles, isn't it high time to give SRW a brand of its own like OGS? If not, then it's official. SRW IS THE BIGGEST RIP-OFF OF ALL MECHA GAMES.

The whole point of ogs is to get various banpresto originals from various srw games in one game, aswell as introduce some new stuff too. Although the whole point is to focus on the originals of other games.

Many of the og mecha (key word: MANY! not all!) are inspired by other sources and banpresto isn't hiding that fact. Banpresto is owned by bandai meaning they technically, aren't ripping off gundam with their hukie design, but rather copying a design bandai owns PURPOSEFULLY so no, they can't get sued because that would be suing themselves. This is just an example of what they might be "ripping off".
Destiny_Gundam

Kurando wrote:Many of the og mecha (key word: MANY! not all!) are inspired by other sources and banpresto isn't hiding that fact.
Not only are they inspired, but some of them are designed by many of the same people. Why does the R-1 have Gundamish features? That's because it was designed by Hajime Katoki. Why does Compatible Kaiser look like Sol Gravion? Because they're both designed by Masami Obari. SRW as a whole is just one big hommage to the mecha genre. So naturally individual aspects are purposely similar.

When I was playing Alpha 3 and OGS, this thing got onto me which is I foresee that the next upcoming SRW title on PS2/3 and I'm playing with the same old mechs over and over again: Gundams, GetterRobos, Mazingers, Combattler-VoltesVs, Macrosses etc. It was like a toychest at first impression but it would turn into a nightmare after 3-4 titles and above. That's when I realise that how long is Banpresto continues to make suckers out of us? Why they can't come up with something like Front Mission series? With mechs of their own? Is OGG the last orginal mech-based SRW?
I guess the frenziness of seeing various mechs from various existing animes all in one game is sort of extinguished, I mean the market has change and people wish to see something original for a change. Look at Front Mission series, all their mechs are purely self-made and they're still so cool after more than 10 years. Boy, should SquareEnix be very proud of that and so is Virtual ON series. If Banpresto couldn't adjust themselves with the change of time, then I guess it's adios' for Banpresto since they are merging back into Namco-Bandai.
Destiny_Gundam

I think you've got the wrong impression. Just because Banpresto is folding back into Bandai-Namco doesn't mean the end of Super Robot Wars. They'll still make the games. Why wouldn't they? It's a major cash cow. Banpresto will still be around, the team will just be under the Bandai-Namco label now.

Of course each game includes the staples series such as Gundam, Getter and Mazinger Z. Those three titles are what made the robot genre in the first place. And if you look at the later games, you'll see they stop using the same old stuff all the time. Look at J. No UC Gundam in that game and they included Tekkaman Blade. Fricken Tekkaman Blade. Who saw that coming? And let's not forget Orgun and GoLion/Voltron in W.

And what are you talking about when you say "Why they can't come up with something like Front Mission series? With mechs of their own?" Starting from SRW2 onwards, they've always had mechs of their own. The OG series is all about mechs of their own. As stated earlier, some Banpresto Originals have design features similar to famous mechs, but a lot don't. Look at the Vaisaga, the Grungusts, the Masoukishin, the Lion series, etc.

I get what you're trying to say, but some of the points you make are flawed.