Sword of the New World

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Turinu

Sword of the New World

This is a game that just went Open Beta recently supposedly, I just started playing it myself. I must say it's quite a fun and interesting game, the whole feel of it and the way it runs, in my opinion, makes it a very damned good MMO (above those of WoW and all, :P).

Aside from the fact it's open beta it's running pretty good so far. You can form up to a team of three characters that you make yourself and control them all in combat and the sort. It's a really fun game with a really nice atmosphere. Anyone else play? I play on Vespanola on Channel 3.

Heres the website link: http://www.swordofthenewworld.com/
VR7

I remember seeing this game when it was called Granado Espada, though they seem to have retained that as a subtitle. I might look into trying it out for a bit over what's left of the summer.
-noel
Jak Stoller

God I wish someone would finaly get the balls to make a mecha oriented MMORPG...

--Jak
quasadra

VR7 wrote:I remember seeing this game when it was called Granado Espada, though they seem to have retained that as a subtitle. I might look into trying it out for a bit over what's left of the summer.
yes its call Granado Espada in Korea, and Sword Of The New World is the english ver.
Dygenguard

Jak Stoller wrote:God I wish someone would finaly get the balls to make a mecha oriented MMORPG...

--Jak
RF Online came close. Too bad that game sucked. :(

I might give SOTNW a shot, but what will draw me in faster is basically the same thing that WoW drew me in with: people I know play it. MMOs tend to be more enjoyable when you aren't sufferin-...I mean, playing alone.
Ougi: Guren Maengun!!!
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I'm usually not into MMORPGs, but that actually looks pretty cool *Goes to download*
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Turinu

The game itself comes out on store shelves in a couple of days; which means the Open Beta won't exactly be here for much longer.
otakud00d

How bad is the grind in this game? Most Korean MMO's tend to have incredibly tedious grinds.
Turinu

otakud00d wrote:How bad is the grind in this game? Most Korean MMO's tend to have incredibly tedious grinds.
Well, the monster spawn rate is pretty damn fast. For example in one of the dungeons an entire area could be covered in a variety of monsters and if you don't know how to handle yourself you'll be overpowered in no time.

EXP raises fairly decently depending on the level of monster you kill. While having three characters makes it easier to level up (as EXP is shared between the three and you have three people fighting a horde of monsters), it's harder because you have to look after and heal three people continuously. That's why I have a scout in my party, that healing spell really comes in handy over consumable potions.