New Gundam Games

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
DAG101

New Gundam Games

anyone know any good Gundam games I should try?
Hyakushiki

If you haven't played it, I recommend Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam the Universal Century will have you playing for months.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Paul McCartney Jr

If you know how to get your hands on it, try SD Gundam X and SD Gundam G Next for the super nintendo
Dark Duel

If you can afford a next-gen console, MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM: CROSSFIRE for the PS3 is an absolute must-have.
The backgrounds are amazingly rendered, if typically bland for the most part, the mech are exquisitely detailed, right down to the individual bullet holes. The camera is akward at first but easy to get used to, and the control setup is simple and comfortable.
More importantly, it's got AWESOME mech like the GM Striker, the ability to dismember and decapitate at close-range or to shoot off arms and heads makes it lots of fun, the mech actually move like 17-to-20-meter-tall, multi-dozen-ton robots should.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
J-Lead

Dark Duel wrote:If you can afford a next-gen console, MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM: CROSSFIRE for the PS3 is an absolute must-have.
The backgrounds are amazingly rendered, if typically bland for the most part, the mech are exquisitely detailed, right down to the individual bullet holes. The camera is akward at first but easy to get used to, and the control setup is simple and comfortable.
More importantly, it's got AWESOME mech like the GM Striker, the ability to dismember and decapitate at close-range or to shoot off arms and heads makes it lots of fun, the mech actually move like 17-to-20-meter-tall, multi-dozen-ton robots should.
I personally agree with you, but I know some people that would literally make their own profile on this forum just to make a post bashing it in response to what you just said (and misspelling in the process of said bashing.)

As for must have Gundam games, I'd go for Side Story 0079: Rise from the Ashes for the Dreamcast. All GMs, Zakus, and other miscellaneous grunts, not a Gundam in sight. The combat is fast, challlenging, and intense (especially the Beam saber combat,) and the fact that everything take place fromt the cockpit perspective makes it even more so. If that's not enough, the game gets tactical and allows you to command your team individually. The equipment and gameplay is heavily inspired by 08th MS Team, so if you enjoyed that series, this game is the best thing since Quattro's sunglasses. It tops all of the Gundam games after it, in my opinion, even though it's on such an old system.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

The best Gundam game I've played is probably Climax UC which plays alot simular to the VS Games.

Allience VS ZAFT 2 is also pretty fun, and if your into stragey RPGs, then I'd also recommend SD Gundam G-Gen DS, portable is also quite fun sence you can pretty much use every MS, ship, and vehicle
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
mcred23

For a new Gundam game... well, I really can't say as I've not played many of the newer ones (and found them to be good), but if you want to simply play some of the better ones that can be found outside of Japan, try Gundam vs Zeta Gundam or Fed vs Zeon, as both are fun games. Encounters In Space is alright, but probably something that I wouldn't spend more than nine or ten dollars on, if that.

Although older and on a less common system (Dreamcast), Side Story 0079: Rise from the Ashes is probably one of the greatest Gundam games ever and is a load of fun, although painfully short.

And as for PS3's Crossfire, I will say this...

...try it before you buy it...

Seriously, this is either a game you will love or you will hate. Some people have never had a problem with it, while others have seen horrid framerates and other assorted problems with it. Dark Duel and J-Lead both like the game, and that's their opinions. Personally, based on my experiances with it, it was a horrid game and quite crappy, and I know a number of people share both points of view. Again, I can't stress this enough, try it out if you can before you buy it and find out if it'll be worth the cost of the game (Nevermind the cost of a PS3 if you don't have one).

Besides, it might help us if we knew what systems, if any, you were looking for games for. Most are on PS2, but as we've noted, RftA is on Dreamcast and Crossfire comes from the PS3, so if we know what system you have/are looking for games on, it would be very helpful.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Biolink

If you have a Japanese Ps3(Which you prolly don't)Gundam Musou(Dynasty Warriors:Gundam).

The game looks really tight,especially how they recreated some of the battles such as Zeta Gundam vs The O.Charcters from different universes even cross paths.
Nani?!!!
mcred23

On the subject of that game, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam is going to come out in America on Xbox 360 and PS3 this Fall, so there is no need to get a Japanese system for them if you're willing to wait.

Biolink

I am praying to god that the game is ported to 360 and there is an option for Japanese voices.

How can you deny that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y75fRp4LMMk
Nani?!!!
DAG101

Hyakushiki wrote:If you haven't played it, I recommend Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam the Universal Century will have you playing for months.
Yeah, at first, when I found out about that game, I thought 'WOW', then I found out about the point thing, when you die or something like that, and the partner-only combat, and thought that sounded like crap...then, I found out about several main weapons for MS, and different storylines, etc., and am thinking about buying it.
Paul McCartney Jr wrote:If you know how to get your hands on it, try SD Gundam X and SD Gundam G Next for the super nintendo
yeah, I played a crappy G-Next + Map Pack (or something like that) ROM for a while, but it kept freezing, and am in the process of doing the Generation A Special Mode.

anyway, I am looking for PS2/X-BOX/SNES games
Fritz Ashlyn

If you have a slide card and boot disks, then give Lost War Chronicles a try. It's like they took Journey to Jaburo and fixed almost everything wrong with it. You also have the option of using a cockpit view like Rise From the Ashes if that's your thing.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
J-Lead

Biolink wrote:If you have a Japanese Ps3(Which you prolly don't)Gundam Musou(Dynasty Warriors:Gundam).
A lot of people tend to forget that PS3 Games aren't region coded...

But like red said, it'll be coming to the states under the name of Dynasty Warriors: Gundam for PS3 and 360 alike, and considering the name they decided to use (and the popularity that goes with Dynasty Warriors), it'll probably garner more attention than most other Gundam games. (I was never really all that excited about the game, considering it's gameplay concept, but I might pick it up, or at least rent it.)
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
mcred23

And as we just mentioned in this thread, it has a reported release date of August 28th for both systems, so it's not that far off before you could pick up a copy of the game in English if you wish to.

Scyron

mcred23 wrote:And as we just mentioned in this thread, it has a reported release date of August 28th for both systems, so it's not that far off before you could pick up a copy of the game in English if you wish to.
Just a reminder it does have dual audio so don't worry sub fans and dub fans, also the ps3 is region free as of now so you should be able to play Gundam musou if you wanted to a month ahead of time (not that is would have the English menus of the American release)
Black Dranzer.exe

Biolink wrote:I am praying to god that the game is ported to 360 and there is an option for Japanese voices.

How can you deny that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y75fRp4LMMk
Listen to Domon's scream when he calls for Burning Gundam in his first mission, it's ridiculously awesome.
I suppose I should put something witty here, Right?
bluemax151

Since his name is DAG101 I would assume Zaft II would be the logical choice.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Xenturion6789

Dude, if you don't have one, find a dreamcast somewhere in your local gamestop's bargain bin and get gundam rise from the ashes! i played this when i was 11, before i even got into gundam!!! it was awesome before i knew gundam, it's amazing now that i know more about it. You can try encounters in space, but it's nothing really that special at all. The only thing i liked about it was that you could play some of the more obscure gundams like G5, blue destiny and FA gundam.

On a side note, if you're willing to play a great mecha game without a gundam in it, try zone of the enders, 1 or 2. just like it says on the cover, high speed robot action. nothing more need be said.
Death solves all problems. No man, no problem
-Joseph Stalin
Xanatos11

If you have a PSP then Gundam Battle Royale is great. I think Ive spent more time on that game than all my other PSP games combined. So many suits to unlock, so many different levels.
bluemax151

Xanatos11 wrote:If you have a PSP then Gundam Battle Royale is great. I think Ive spent more time on that game than all my other PSP games combined. So many suits to unlock, so many different levels.
and SO much leveling to do :D
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010