Gundam online going offline

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
supperrfreek

Gundam online going offline

Gundam online will be going offline.
does anyone know if bandai will try and break into the MMO market again?
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

You're topic kinda confuses me at first.

But the closest thing to an online Gundam game would be Capsule Fighters
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
AmuroNT1

No, he means Universal Century Online.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Scyron

Well it never was all that great, it's entire skill system was based on a now 10 year old Ultima Online mmo, one of the first able to hold its own versus Ever Quest. I digress but would like to just hope they don't try an MMO or anything payservice like. (Just normal online gundam would be better, more stable, and hopefully keep it slightly alive<mobile ops with help of xbox live(?)>)

I never played it, but I'm sure there will be some way to play it in the future. I do wish it will become free for the last month or so like Shadowbane did before it's eventual demise last summer/fall.
Turinu

Scyron wrote:I never played it, but I'm sure there will be some way to play it in the future. I do wish it will become free for the last month or so like Shadowbane did before it's eventual demise last summer/fall.
Yeah, I remember back in the day I always wanted to play this game; get myself a Ground Gundam and run around slaying me some Zeeks. Unfortunately that dream will now apparently never come true. *Cry.* ;_;
Scyron

When I first heard it I was kind of surprised and figured how popular Gundam is in Japan and that way for outsiders to play it, that it wouldn't go down. I also remember they had a 1:1 earth going or something with like only Australia populated. I figured that meant other parts of the globe would be introduced in expansions.
Turinu

Scyron wrote:When I first heard it I was kind of surprised and figured how popular Gundam is in Japan and that way for outsiders to play it, that it wouldn't go down. I also remember they had a 1:1 earth going or something with like only Australia populated. I figured that meant other parts of the globe would be introduced in expansions.
That's pretty much how it was supposed to go down; a 1:1 scale world where you could create a character on either the EFSF side of Zeon side, and be anything from a mobile suit pilot to a fisherman or barber; even things you did in game were supposed to effect your health and weight (Or at least that's what they had up when the English Portion of the site was still up).
supperrfreek

wow that's more than I thought they had in it!
Samster

Scyron wrote:I do wish it will become free for the last month or so like Shadowbane did before it's eventual demise last summer/fall.
Well it will be free starting October 1st, 2007 until December 15th, 2007. The catch is you will have to sign up for an account before October 1st as no new accounts will be created after that date. So that may mean you will actually have to buy some playtime ahead of time in order to get unlimted playtime after October 1st.
She's right Marge, the pants are a dead giveaway.
Scyron

Well that kind of sucks, not that $10 is all that much money.
Samster

Yeah, though I think it's more of a thank you to the players who supported the game during its existence rather then to entice new players.
She's right Marge, the pants are a dead giveaway.
Turinu

Samster wrote:Yeah, though I think it's more of a thank you to the players who supported the game during its existence rather then to entice new players.
More like, they're trying to bait new players in by making them all pay $10 bucks in order to play for only a few months; who's getting the best deal out of this? XD
supperrfreek

anyone think it will have a better successor, maybe based on the original star wars galaxies format, or will this be the last?
Scyron

Auhg, I'd hope not. I'd have to say the Ultima Online skill system Gundam had was way better than Star Wars galaxies. I really don't think Star Wars was all that great, after all it was an SOE product.
supperrfreek

so was everquest which has been called everything from awesome to crap, and the original pre NGE galaxies system seems to allow for greater character variations, and the jedi in that system could be Newtype, coordinator or anything else from the series which is slightly better than normal humans.
otakud00d

I really liked this game, too. :( Hopefully my old account will be free after that date. :D
duo2nd

Not familiar with it.
ELGOOOOOOOOOOOO ENNNNNDOOOO!
Scyron

supperrfreek wrote:so was everquest which has been called everything from awesome to crap, and the original pre NGE galaxies system seems to allow for greater character variations, and the jedi in that system could be Newtype, coordinator or anything else from the series which is slightly better than normal humans.
Everquest was the WoW of it's day, boasting well over 100,000 unique subscribers logging on each day. As much as I hate the mainstream MMOs I'd say they are pretty good and tend to be the basis for the generation after them.
Jak Stoller

I never even knew this existed! :cry: Why is it no one ever tells me about these things :x Those who did play it, was it any good?

--Jak
Scyron

Jak Stoller wrote:I never even knew this existed! :cry: Why is it no one ever tells me about these things :x Those who did play it, was it any good?

--Jak
There's a bunch of youtubes up. From what I watched it looked about as fun as all MMORPGS, grind till you are like half way up the ladder then start a trade skill then realize you just wasted a portion of your life on a game that will never stay around forever and that you were spending $10 a month on.

I'd say no, but I really hate MMORPGS so take that as you will.