Super Robot Wars OG

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
kaixa

Super Robot Wars OG

iirc it will come out April 2007 (hope it's true)

can't wait :(....
Bright Noa

You mean Original Generations?
I would like some proof of this fact.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
attonbitus

Is he referring to the japanese release or a US one?
Wingnut

Most likely the Japanese release of OGs as both of the hand-held OG games have been released over here already.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mark064

It won't come out April, that's only a month away and it'd have already been in the gaming magazines and the offical site would have updated by now. It'll probably be at least 2 months off when we hear the actual release date.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

I believe it said May/June/Summer 2007 on the SRW main website.
Mark064

No it does not. There is no date on the offical site it says something to the effect of "date to be announced" there is no hint what so ever of any time frame at all. It has been the exact same (the OGs part) since the inital announcement was posted.
Shinji103

Nevermind, it used to say, but they apparently took it off. It did recently say somewhere around those dates at one time though. I guess the date wasn't very hard-set.
Camille Vidan

Sorry for my stupidness, but what the hell are you guys talking about?
Scyron

The ps2 game SRW:og, which is both GBA games together on the PS2. ~Something along those lines.
codename:v

At the moment, they haven't got a single clue when OGS is going to be release. Most likely, it would be dragged till september this year or next year. Banpresto is more likely to celebrates the SRW's 16th or 17th anniversary...
kaixa

:shock: i hope it won't be that long.
this game could be the last SRW games for PS2 :(

Worse comes to worst, this game might just gets the axe... Just like Konami's CodeArms.
Kuruni

Unlikely, as we known SRW is Banpresto biggest cash cow (and past OG series are success). And it isn't uncommon for Banpresto to delay their title, SRW Alpha was delayed for almost year IIRC.

At worst, I can only see them upgrade it to PS3 title.
My girlfriend was a loli.

Since we're all waiting for this anniversary title (although it's a little bit late for that) let's talk about what you really hoped for SRW OGS to features in it's content. That way, we can keep this thread going.
Shinji103

I have a question.

This is supposed to be a PS2 adaptation of the original OG GBA games, i.e. same story, plot, characters, missions, etc., but played on the PS2, right? Is there any information or indication at all that this will have any significant difference from the GBA games? If it has some kind of difference from the GBA games, then I'll probably want to get the GBA games, but if it's mostly the same thing with little changes aside from the graphics, picture, sounds, etc., then I won't bother with the GBA games.
Wingnut

There are going to be changes. For one the original character cast from R shows up as part of the OG universe in the PS2 version. I can only guess as to what impact that will have on the plot line. I also think that the story of the OVA was going to be worked into the game as well.

So I would say go ahead and pick up the GBA games and then you can see exactly what is different between the two.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Shinji103

Hmmm. Well, as long as things from the GBA games aren't taken out (at least, nothing significant anyway), I think I'll just save my cash for the PS2 game.
Kuruni

Also handful of new mech show up (Ryoto upgrade his Lion into Armorlion, Tasuku upgrade Leona's Guarlion into Siegalion, Astelion become Astelion AX, Gespenst R become Gespenst RV). New system, Twin Unit system, allow pair of mech to form squad mid battle. AFAIK, it's variant of Alpha3's squad system. There are something different, like both mech in a squad has option to gang up on frontal mech in enemy squad or seperate their bullet on both enemy.
My girlfriend was a loli.

Here's a release date of the SRW OGS PS2: 28 June 2007

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2007 ... ease-date/

Whether it's final or not, we will see about that...