Official Gundam next-gen games and upcoming releases II

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
supperrfreek

looks pretty good. I'd play it if I owned a DS. although I'm still kinda waiting for a really good console game to come out.
Teki

New info on Emblem of Gundam game for DS was announced. ANyone have any input as supposidly "it's a simulation game that depicts the Gundam world through a historical approach completely different from that seen in the Gihren's Greed and G Generation series.' I wonder what that exactly means, especially in terms on MSV and all. Also of the view screen shots shown, we have seen a shot of Kamille in Zeta Gundam so wonder how far we are going story line(s) and all. Also shown were pics of Gundam Alex and of The O. Release date is May 1st so we'll probably get more info through out March and April.
NastyNate

Mobile Suit Gundam: MS Sensen 0079 for the wii looks awsome. It is the closest console game to being in the cockpit. You get to use the controler and sword with the wii remote. They have lots of vids on youtube.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Scyron

Teki wrote:New info on Emblem of Gundam game for DS was announced. ANyone have any input as supposidly "it's a simulation game that depicts the Gundam world through a historical approach completely different from that seen in the Gihren's Greed and G Generation series.' I wonder what that exactly means, especially in terms on MSV and all. Also of the view screen shots shown, we have seen a shot of Kamille in Zeta Gundam so wonder how far we are going story line(s) and all. Also shown were pics of Gundam Alex and of The O. Release date is May 1st so we'll probably get more info through out March and April.
http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/03/03/more ... of-gundam/
might explain some stuff. Sounds like a choose your own adventure/history sort of novel game.

mobile ops info
I noticed this while looking for more mobile ops info, since there never is any. Anycase, US: TBA 2008
Japan: December 31, 2006
Europe: Unreleased
MSRP: $59.99

Did anyone know this was already released in Japan apparently? I don't believe it but if it's been out for a year and some months it would explain why there is no US info, or why it "died". I guess the best answer would be to find a japanese resident that may know. I'm sure there would be some news even if it was just japan release. The wikipedia still states a march 31 release, but I find it highly unlikely at this point. I do however thing if a possible US release happens, then perhaps gamestop is right with their 8/31/08 release.

I know the dates are tentative with no official word, but I figure gotta keep the hype train alive.
Last edited by Scyron on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
supperrfreek

I'm guessing that a combination of low sales of the xbox 360 console and the game itself killed the game because the market in japan is mainly nintendo and playstation based, and has an extremely small contingent of xbox360 owners.
mcred23

That information is complete bulls*** as Mobile Ops hasn't been released anywhere. The last time I checked the Japanese site (Via a link on GundamEvolution a few weeks back), they were still working on it and only said that it was due out in 2008.

C'mon people, if the game had been released, you know import versions would have shown up/have been mentioned heavily by now. :roll:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

I just hope that when Mobile Ops gets released they increase the number of players on the battlefield online

and I hope they have a single player mode like Star Wars: Battlefront (since I play offline more than I play online)

and I also hope they add more mobile suits to pilot with lots of customination
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
mcred23

MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot wrote:and I also hope they add more mobile suits to pilot with lots of customination
Don't really count on either of those that. Yes, it is a Gundam game, but since day one, it's been clear that it'll be like a Battlefield/Battlefront type game, so you'll get a decent amount of mobile suits (IIRC, there were a dozen or so in the game, and I doubt we'll see every single one in every single level), but not really lots, and pretty much no custom stuff (I want to say there was once a report that you could have a custom insignia, similar to Halo 2, but I'm not sure if there was any truth to that or if I'm remembering things wrong; in other words, douse with salt).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Zeonic Glory

Good news for Operation Troy
Gunota wrote:- Finally, regarding Operation Troy's continued delays, he apologizes and notes at the beginning of every year, they keep saying it'll be done in the Summer and jokes that coming into its 3rd year, they may as well say once again it'll be done by Summer. He then reveals, rest assured, they've currently already begun debugging the game.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Scyron

oh wow, this is great news. well then I wonder if that Q3 date might be more or less accurate?

Well at least we know it isn't out yet and they are planning to still release is.
J-Lead

^Indeed, this is good news. I just hope all that development time was worth the wait...
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Outlaw

Hopes rising, skepticism replaced with cautious optimism...
Darwyn

So has there been any news on Gundam vs Gundam? i lost track of all the jp blogs about it, haven't seen anything new since the last batch of videos back in...oct/nov.
quasadra

the arcade ver. is suppose to release some time this month(maybe im wrong i dont live in japan you know), i guess we will see more after it is released.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Neo-Era

It looks as though its already out in some places.
Gunota Headlines: Daily Gundam newsblog
The New Adventures Of Tomino-sama: Not-so daily Gundam parody webcomic
quasadra

finally some news on Operation Troy. taken from Gunota Headlines.
Famitsu.com has coverage of the game's single and multiplayer modes:

In single player, there are 10 different types of missions that follow stories for either faction. The first Earth Federation mission starts off having the player defend SE Asia from attack by the Zeon's 3rd landing operation. Afterwards, you fight in the familiar battlegrounds of Odessa. When you choose the Zeon, you begin from the capture of California Base during the 2nd landing operation.

In multiplayer, team battles are divided up into "Assault" (compete for kills within time limits) and "Conquest" (fight for control of 3 neutral points on the map) whereas "Survival" is every man for himself. Voice chat is supported. Enabled MS can be set before matches begin.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
J-Lead

"Defending Southeast Asia from the 3rd Landing Operation?" "Capture of California Base during the 2nd Landing Operation?" In both scenarios, the Feds should be lacking mobile suits. It's nice to know that they are paying attention to the important events of the OYW. :)
Scyron

J-Lead wrote:"Defending Southeast Asia from the 3rd Landing Operation?" "Capture of California Base during the 2nd Landing Operation?" In both scenarios, the Feds should be lacking mobile suits. It's nice to know that they are paying attention to the important events of the OYW. :)
Sounds pretty cool and I'm glad this game really is coming together. I await the battlefield 1942--conquest. Assault should be good but I'm thinking conquest is what I'll play the most.

This good news is making me all giddy with joy.
blaze101
Location: Would say Halle Barry's boudoir, but she had a kid. So, yeah...<_<

Hmm.......it sounds like our friends at Bandai have finally started doing their homework. Of course, keyword here is "sounds."
This is what happens to ya if you mess with me--http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/c/4/ ... fc861a.gif
J-Lead

blaze101 wrote:Hmm.......it sounds like our friends at Bandai have finally started doing their homework. Of course, keyword here is "sounds."
Indeed, I wouldn't put it past them to try and sneak an RX-79[G] into the first mission (especially if those early trailers take place in an early build of the first Federation level. >.<)