Official Gundam next-gen games and upcoming releases II

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Scyron

Official Gundam next-gen games and upcoming releases II

I wanted to make a new thread since the old one is getting really close to reaching its limit, plus I figured this may help organization.

Mobile Ops: The One Year War Stuff
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2593
Mobile Op: The One Year War, HD trailers, E3 2K6 footage, and gameplay footage.
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/761/761548.html
Mobile Ops" The One Year War, articles, and some screenies.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sim/mob ... bile%20ops
Mobile Ops: The One Year War. More of the same tailers/game play footage but also has HD stuff. Articles and screenies.

extra extra:
wiki lied about march 1st release :cry:

Wii 0079 gundam game
Not much info is out there but here are some videos. The main webpage, thanks to gunota; http://b.bngi-channel.jp/wii-gundam/
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... v&id=19043
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... v&id=19042
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... v&id=19041

This is all I planned since neither have been released. But if anyone wants I can surely add scad hammer information and some Crossfire stuff as well.

edit: 0/3/07 removed musou stuff as it got official stateside release.
Last edited by Scyron on Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mcred23

Gunota posted this earlier today....
Gunota Headlines wrote:According to reports on 2ch, an interview with a Bandai rep published in Famitsu reveals that Operation Troy, which had been slated for Spring, has been delayed.
So it seems Bandai had planned for a spring release of Mobile Ops(Although I don't think they ever set an exact date) but this has been pushed back.

The question now is how far back will they push it? My guess is they'll either try for early summer (May-ish) or later in the year (August/September). If they try to put out a Xbox 360 game in June or July, it won't sell well (Since it'll be up against, among other things, Halo 3, and I think Bandai isn't dumb enough to try and push Mobile Ops against that).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Wow, nothing on Scad Hammers?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
mcred23

IIRC, didn't it come out already? Even if it hasn't, there has been very little information about it released that I know of...

Scyron

I heard it was released as well. If anyone wants, as per my original post, I can put up some links to that game.
RGM-79 GM

Yeah Scad hammers came out in December. In Japan. US release date is in four months or more.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Scyron

RGM-79 GM wrote:Yeah Scad hammers came out in December. In Japan. US release date is in four months or more.
Wait what? I never imagined it coming over, this sounds really awsome, now I don't need to find a freeloader for my wii. :D
RGM-79 GM

All I know about it is at gamefaqs there is a US release date and it is a few months from now.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Scyron

Could you please tell me what the release date is?

edit: I found it, June 1 according to gamefaqs's forums. Since it hasn't been officially announced I have no idea how truthful this rumor is.

I hope it comes out, I'd really like to play it.

Gamefaqs is usually pretty reliable with there releases, and June 1st' is for he Japnaese release
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
RGM-79 GM

No it is already out in Japan. It came out last year. The June first release date is the US one. I'll copy and paste them both.

SD Gundam: Scad Hammers Bandai Namco Games 12/02/06 JP
SD Gundam: Scad Hammers Bandai Namco Games 06/01/07 US
Mark064

Looks like it is coming to the US most sites seem to be listing it and someone notes that it was listed in EGM too. They seem to be very quite about this one for some reason...
mcred23

Mark064 wrote:They seem to be very quite about this one for some reason...
I'll say. My guess is that they are considering changing the name of this game for it's US release (As they have done/planned to do with other recent Gundam games) and have yet to come up with a American title for Scad Hammers. Because, as we all know, using the name 'Gundam' over here doesn't make people think of great things. Using 'SD Gundam' is one of the few ways that they can make it worse (Thanks to SD Gundam Force).

Mark064

And then you have IGN which doesn't list the release data but has 5 different titles for the game...

SD Gundam G Breaker
SD Gundam Revolution
Superior Defender Gundam G Breaker
Mobile Suite Gundam - SD Gundam G Breaker
SD Gundam Scad Hammers

The last of which they identify as the Japanese title. Even if they are changing the name that isn't a very valid reason to keep is all quiet... unless they like games not to sell. From what I remember G Breaker was the original title of the American release of the game or something to that effect...
Red XIV

Gundam Musou's site has movies up for the Gundam Mk II, Hyaku Shiki, Master Gundam, and Epyon, if anybody's interested.

Master Gundam looks the awesomest I say. :o

blaze101
Location: Would say Halle Barry's boudoir, but she had a kid. So, yeah...<_<

Well, do you think it's possible Bandai-Namco will attempt to release Musou here in the US before Operation Troy?
mcred23

I'm not sure. Musou is pretty much a Gundam-ified Dynasty Warriors game, and I'm not exactly sure how popular those are over here. If they are fairly popular, Bandai-Namco may attempt to cash in on that, but it's a Gundam game, and in America, that's not a plus.

Before I go any further, has there even been any word on whether or not Bandai is going to release Musou over here?

ZZ Gundam

Dynasty/Samurai Warriors are semi-solid franchises in America. They usually score 6-7 out of 10 in reviews, but have developed a decent following. If Namco-Bandai can convince this group that trashing Zakus is as fun as trashing farmer peasants then Musou has a chance. And not that this is 100% legit, but the lates NT USA has a small article about Gundam Musou, saying it may come out sometime this year.
Mecha Gaming Forum A place for mecha friends.
EZero8

ZZ Gundam wrote:Dynasty/Samurai Warriors are semi-solid franchises in America. They usually score 6-7 out of 10 in reviews, but have developed a decent following. If Namco-Bandai can convince this group that trashing Zakus is as fun as trashing farmer peasants then Musou has a chance.
The only issue with that is when the American players begin seeing Musou as nothing more than a "rip off" of Dynasty Warriors with giant robots.

From what I've seen, gaming public around here tends to think of games in three ways: the classic original, the sequel/prequel to the classic, and a "ripped off" version of the original. I'm afraid that Musou is going to be classified in that manner by alot of people instead of seeing it as something "inspired" by Dynasty Warriors.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"