UD: ZEON HQ Thread II

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Fritz Ashlyn

UD: ZEON HQ Thread II

Let the Urban Dead discussion continue in this thread. The other is due to be locked now that it's up to 30 pages.

Z.E.O.N. Members List (1-5-'07):
alucard2 - Fweffer
Bezerker - Tarak Anspaugh
Blue Comet - Alex Zalke
Cardi Doorl - Johnny Cheesedog
Corvus Moore - Corran Tuskan
Fritz Ashlyn - Bright Noah
mcred23 - Eddie Eckardy
ORegan - SirDrinksAlot
Revan Vrake - Karite
RGM-79 GM - Shin Yamamoto
RGM-79G GM Command - Lance Sinclair
Scheusal - Mr Mee
solid snake - Guyver 1
volrath77 - Andrea75
wonton bob - Steiner Hardy
King Monkey - DJ Anderson
G. Squirrel - Art Major
Ascension - Frederick Augustus

SHOOT ON SIGHT LIST (1-7-'07):
Flesh Golem
Mr Poopers
Arkbird

DENIAL OF AID LIST (1-3-'07):
TerenSavage
Last edited by Fritz Ashlyn on Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Ascension

I'm not a member? I guess I'd better go edit my profile...
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
mcred23

I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
alucard2

Its probably my memory...but what did Mr Poopers did?
mcred23

He is a PK'er. He was known as such in Foulkes and was killed there at least twice (Bright killed him once for that, I remember seeing him killed by someone else) and was on everyones hit lis there. After the move to Ruddlebank, he resurfaced a few weeks ago and came and killed Bright Noah (I'm not sure if that was the only person he killed).

ORegan

well to continue the discussion from the last thread:
If they do indeed come here, though I doubt they will anytime soon, I'd suggest we use the so-called "river tactics" (i.e. running for dear life). The Big Bash is nearly unstoppable, unless we had a similarly sized organized army of survivors (which we don't). Trying to fight the Bash is just a waste of AP, ammo, FAKs, and needles, since we'll probably all end up dead with the entire suburb ransacked anyway. Just don't try. Flee to greener pastures. I read a very convincing article by a zombie player who suggested that the nomadic nature of the zombie and the neccessity of out-of-game organization (since they have only limited abilities to communicate in-game) for zombies were their greatest strengths. He suggested that if survivor groups were similarly nomadic, rather than being fiercely territorial, they would be more successful in avoiding/resisting large hordes.

Even though in doing so, I'm taking advice from the enemy, I'd have to say I agree with him, at least to some extent. We can't afford to be completely nomadic, or else there would be no way to keep the resource buildings secure. We can, however, be willing to move if the situation gets too bad in a particular area. We can have a few backup suburbs to retreat to if our home base is overrun. ZEON has, in fact, already done this once in withdrawing from Foulkes. If staying in Ruddlebank becomes an overly dangerous activity, I would suggest we move.
i second the evac because we would have no alternative, we cant just kill 700+ zeds.

but even if we had a hoard of people to fight the zeds, the zeds would win because htey can just respawn continally. and when on of our men falls, they join thier ranks
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Ascension

By the way... just in case you lost the link somewhere in the last thread...

Frederick Augustus
volrath77

If they do indeed come here, though I doubt they will anytime soon, I'd suggest we use the so-called "river tactics" (i.e. running for dear life). The Big Bash is nearly unstoppable, unless we had a similarly sized organized army of survivors (which we don't). Trying to fight the Bash is just a waste of AP, ammo, FAKs, and needles, since we'll probably all end up dead with the entire suburb ransacked anyway. Just don't try. Flee to greener pastures. I read a very convincing article by a zombie player who suggested that the nomadic nature of the zombie and the neccessity of out-of-game organization (since they have only limited abilities to communicate in-game) for zombies were their greatest strengths. He suggested that if survivor groups were similarly nomadic, rather than being fiercely territorial, they would be more successful in avoiding/resisting large hordes.
The Big Bash is awesome. And yes, against a horde like that, staying on is suicide.

The very nature of the game is just like in those zombie movies we've all seen. Survivors cannot play in zed style because of resources. How many APs do we spent to find ammo, FAK, etc. & how many of those spent APs gave positive results? When you play as a zed, your AP is only spent for moving, clawing, biting...and more clawing and biting.

Zeds are also practically immortal. As I have said before, Lurching Gait + Ankle Grab go a long way to further minimise AP usage so the happy zed can munch more harmanz brains. Speaking of 'happy', yes generally zeds are more happy and organised - they have coordination, theme song, language, a few holidays, etc., all in all to share the spirit of BARHAH to all.:P
Even though in doing so, I'm taking advice from the enemy, I'd have to say I agree with him, at least to some extent. We can't afford to be completely nomadic, or else there would be no way to keep the resource buildings secure. We can, however, be willing to move if the situation gets too bad in a particular area. We can have a few backup suburbs to retreat to if our home base is overrun. ZEON has, in fact, already done this once in withdrawing from Foulkes. If staying in Ruddlebank becomes an overly dangerous activity, I would suggest we move.
While the Big Bash is currently still ongoing, anticipate it to convert into the Mall Tour '07 (just as the Bash started from MT'06) & it may start anytime soon. We'll to clean up Foulkes ASAP as a fall back position because if MT'07 is confirmed, this suburb is a definite target.
Last edited by volrath77 on Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fritz Ashlyn

volrath77 wrote:Speaking of 'happy', yes generally zeds are more happy and organised - they have coordination, theme song, language, a few holidays, etc., all in all to share the spirit of BARHAH to all.:P
Couple that with the fact that survivors have to deal with people like TerenSavage who are playing as people, yet seem to hate clans/groups/organizations. They're dead weight when it comes to holding onto a suburb.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
volrath77

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:Couple that with the fact that survivors have to deal with people like TerenSavage who are playing as people, yet seem to hate clans/groups/organizations. They're dead weight when it comes to holding onto a suburb.
Precisely so.
ORegan

also add in zed spies who could be working for the big bash so the can find the next best area to attack
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
mcred23

Alright, I've got a further report from Arken's "Apocalypse Now"-esq trip up north.

I'm in East Becktown, still as a Zed. The entire upper-Lukinswood/lower-East Becktown area is pretty much overrun by the looks of it, small groups of zeds scattered around and little signs of life. The few buildings I checked out (PD's, FD's, a NecroTech building) all lacked survivors and I haven't seen many buildings with cades. This area looks largely empty.

I expect to reach Darvall Heights some point tomorrow night, but Sunday afternoon at the latest. I'll give everyone another report when I get there.

solid snake

Who's this Madre Teresa person? They seemed to know us.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
mcred23

What's this person saying? I can't get on right now because I used my 160 hits up already...

Fritz Ashlyn

solid snake wrote:Who's this Madre Teresa person? They seemed to know us.
Madre Teresa was a civilian back in Foulkes who was/is in ZEON's good graces. She'll heal anyone that needs it. Treat her kindly.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

mcred23

I have reached Darvall Heights.

This entire area around and South of Caiger Mall is badly infected. There is a horde of 191 Zombies at the Latrobe Building. The mall and every building is heavily barricaded, so their may be survivors, but given the sheer amount of zeds in this area, I doubt they can do very much. There may be zeds inside, but as I Zed I can't enter these places.

I'm going to hang around and I'll report in more information as I get it.

EDIT: This edit comes 12 hours after this was posted.

I've seen what's going on in Darvall and scouted the area. There is a horde in this area of over 200 zeds, plus countless smaller groups ranging from a single zombie to groups of around twenty or so. The area is in total chaos, with zeds and humans going around killing each other, but not really leaving the area. That said, at the moment, I don't think we have to worry about this horde as a threat.

I'm bringing John Arken back down to Ruddlebank now. It'll be a day or two before I'm back, at which point I'll get him revived.

Also, TerenSavage is in the cemetary next to St. Pirans. As we should all know, do not revive him.

Ascension

Hey, heads up! I reduced the zombie in Edwards down to 11 HP with my brand new basic firearms training, but I ran out of AP before killing him. If somebody would finish off the stinking rotter for me, preferably someone with headshot, it'd be appreciated.

On another note, I'll probably be spending all of tomorrow searching for ammunition in the PD... Stinking 30% accuracy...
solid snake

I have some interesting news. I went over to Foulkes Village looking for zeds. After using most of my AP I decided to rest in the Frye Alley Police Department, and who should I find there other then Flesh Golem. Recommendations?
Cardi Doorl

Well, FleshGolem is on our shoot-on-sight list, so that might give an idea about what to do...
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
solid snake

Executions will have to wait until I've regained more of my AP.