Video Games That Should Become Movies

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Wingnut

Blue Comet wrote:Heh I know that it would be probably be past its prime now but how about a River City Ransom movie?

Just two guys fighting in battle scenes for 2 hours while having the title fight song play for most of it. :P (You all know how it goes).

To be honest, I'd pay to see that. :)
If they do that then they should also make a Final Fight or Streets of Rage movie as well. The third SoR game has nukes involved so they could make something interesting out of that at least.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
ZeonfromHell

SNT1 wrote:Grand Theft Auto anyone?
Well, Grand Theft Auto III was essentially Goodfellas, the Sopranos, and various other mob films set to a video game. Vice City was so full of Scarface it's not even funny. San Andreas had a lot of Boyz 'n the Hood. If you want to watch any of those three in a movie, you can just go to a rental store and ahave a movie night. Not to say they weren't great games, but the plots weren't too original.

Now, I would like to see Metal Gear Solid into a movie. Solid Snake could be played by Hough Jackman, Russle Crowe, Michael Bien, or Thomas Jane....pretty much anybody who looks older and tough. Liquid would make a good Brad Pitt as per his performance in Troy. Michael Clarke Duncan would make a good Vulcan Raven, and I guess Sniper Wolf could be done by Charlize Theron or possibly by Michelle Pfeiffer. Any of the guys not used for Solid Snake I guess could play Gray Fox. Isla Fischer (hottie :twisted: ) would make a fine Meryl. What kind of a wuss could be used to play Otacon?
Random_GM_Pilot wrote:An MSG movie would be cool, but I would only see it upon two conditions; Hideo Kojima is the producer and/or director, and Daivd Hayter plays Solid Snake.
Yes! Metal Gear Solid without Kojima would be like Gundam without Tomino. Now, Snake's voice can only be done by Hayter. However, we don't know if Hayter actually looks enough like Snake to make him look right though. :?
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Blue Comet

Wingnut wrote:If they do that then they should also make a Final Fight or Streets of Rage movie as well. The third SoR game has nukes involved so they could make something interesting out of that at least.
:o Never thought of Streets of Rage. That actually does sound like a more movie-ish sort of game.
Scyron

ZeonfromHell wrote: What kind of a wuss could be used to play Otacon?

An MSG movie would be cool, but I would only see it upon two conditions; Hideo Kojima is the producer and/or director, and Daivd Hayter plays Solid Snake.
The actor that played Densha Otoko :D

As for Hayter he has a imdb or google image search. I think he looks close enough that with some makeup he could be snake. My next choices are Kurt Russle or Kyle Reese.
http://thor.mirtna.org/oddities/lookali ... inator.jpg
solid snake

Scyron wrote:As for Hayter he has a imdb or google image search. I think he looks close enough that with some makeup he could be snake. My next choices are Kurt Russle or Kyle Reese.
http://thor.mirtna.org/oddities/lookali ... inator.jpg
Well the picture of Snake for Metal Gear was modeled after Michael Biehn. The cover of Metal Gear 2 has him looking like Mel Gibson.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
ZeonfromHell

solid snake wrote:Well the picture of Snake for Metal Gear was modeled after Michael Biehn. The cover of Metal Gear 2 has him looking like Mel Gibson.
Yes. Michael Bein is the "original" Solid Snake model. And to top that off, he has not aged too bad. I would rather see him as Snake more than anyone else. It's funny you should mention Mel Gibson's likeness on Sons of Liberty. I actually had him in the thread before mistakenly deleted him and forgot to put him back in. The only hang up I would have about him is that he looks a little too old now. He's 50, and Snake was in his thirties in Metal Gear Solid.
Ponder

WORMS!

I have a sick, sick, sick mind...
Bremics

Ponder wrote:WORMS!

I have a sick, sick, sick mind...
Spam.

I would like to see a GTA movie. Black guy just out of jail, hookers, drugs, guns... damn, I love Grand Theft Auto.
Pray she never meets Athrun.
Ponder

Eh, 'Worms' really is a video game...it would be fun to see the banana bomb in action.
Bremics

Ponder wrote:Eh, 'Worms' really is a video game...it would be fun to see the banana bomb in action.
Ooooo! I forgot about that game. I just you randomly said that for no reason... I could see a cartoon of it maybe, kind of like Red vs Blue. Simple and fun... Come to think of it, with WORMS 3D out, someone on the site could make a short series.
Pray she never meets Athrun.
Bezerker

I think that Metroid would make a decent movie. They need to explain why Samus is so badass.
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
Blue 55

Would like to see a Gears Of War Movie. Maybe then it will help flush out the story some.
"Dear humanity we regret being alien bastards, we regret comming to earth, and me most certainly regret the corps just blowing up our raggedy azz fleet"
---
Scyron

Bremics wrote:
Ponder wrote:Eh, 'Worms' really is a video game...it would be fun to see the banana bomb in action.
Ooooo! I forgot about that game. I just you randomly said that for no reason... I could see a cartoon of it maybe, kind of like Red vs Blue. Simple and fun... Come to think of it, with WORMS 3D out, someone on the site could make a short series.
from the videos I saw worms 3d looks horrible, I was a fan of the 2d version. but even still a cgi movie --cell shaded(?)--would be pretty comical.
Ponder

I agree with you Scryon, though doing it in a semi-realistic 3D style (like Spiderman) would be interesting. I've been scratching my head to think of a storyline though...maybe something along the lines of post-nuclear apocalyptic humanity and 6 foot mutant worms being the new dominant lifeform...

...on second thoughts...cell-shaded might be fun. Would look like a cross between Kill Bill and Happy Tree Friends...
Ascension

Speaking of Worms and movies, has anyone seen the "All Your Base" video on Youtube made machinima style using Worms 3D?
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
ZeonfromHell

You know, they could make Zero Wing into a movie, complete with...

"How are you gentlemen!! All your base are belong to us. You are on the way to destruction."

"What you say!"

You have no chance to survive make your time. Ha ha ha..."

But on a sreious note, I think Knights of the Old Republic would make a stunning Star Wars prequel.
Folken Fanel

I honestly don't care what eh next game to movie adaptation is, as long as Uwe Boll stays at least 100 miles from the set at all times.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Destroy Gundam

That would be nice.

Ring of Red would make a nice movie.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Folken Fanel

Castlevania would be pretty cool, as long as they get the whip right.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
UrbanSniper

Folken Fanel wrote:I honestly don't care what eh next game to movie adaptation is, as long as Uwe Boll stays at least 100 miles from the set at all times.
I agree whole-heartedly. This man needs to be shot for what he's done already, let alone what he's got planned.

As for the topic, I'd like to see a Warcraft movie, done in Blizzard's amazing CG, of course. It worked for FF7, so why not?