Easiest/Hardest Boss Battles

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
VR7

RGM-79G GM Command wrote:Hardest was Z-Gradt from Virtual On: Cyber Troopers. (I never beat it even though I am pretty good at the game.)

I'll get back to you on the easiest, I can't think of their names right now.
Z-Gradt is easy. Just dash around it while taking potshots until it turns gold, then walk up close and continue taking potshots while walking around it, preferably away from the laser. It takes more damage when it's gold.

There are a lot of boss battles that are very easy, so I'll just conceive of the most fun one for me along with the hardest.

Most Fun:

ADFX-02 Morgan, the final boss of Ace Combat Zero, and Original Zero from Megaman Zero 3. Nothing like facing off against opponents similar to yourself to settle the final round of the game, even if the latter one was rather easy and the former one takes a couple of tries on Ace difficulty.

Hardest:

Schneider from Armored Core: Last Raven. Even if you had the right AC settings, (R-Arm laser blade anyone?) it's already very tedious to kill her in the first place.
-noel
Xenogil

Yeah, Omega's not fun in ZX, either.

The Metroid Prime series has some of the most agonizing boss fights. Emperor Ing, especially. I'm not used to beam weapons with limited ammunition in Metroid!

And that reminds me, in Corruption, you stack beams; no more switching.
wing zero alpha

Ah yes, Omega. One of the few major plot twists in a Megaman game. My favorite part about Omega was how he used techniques from the original Mega Man games, although they're not as useful when you get to use them in ZX. And yes, Pixy and Morgan were a bitch for me in ACZ too.

Anyway, two more bosses I want to add to the fun list are Saix and Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts II. I just like the acrobatics that those two bosses did while fighting them, especially on Xemnas' Yoda-like moves.
Corvus Moore

For those on the topic of Squeenix games,its an important part of RPGs to make optional side bosses that are damn nigh impossible to kill,they are a challenge,not part of the storyline,you need a surmountable final boss if your going to see the end of the story.

An important entry to the most stylish boss,Every single opponent in Shadow of the Colossus,few other games have got the feeling of taking on a very,very large,very powerful opponent.
Toxicity

Corvus Moore wrote:For those on the topic of Squeenix games,its an important part of RPGs to make optional side bosses that are damn nigh impossible to kill,they are a challenge,not part of the storyline,you need a surmountable final boss if your going to see the end of the story.

An important entry to the most stylish boss,Every single opponent in Shadow of the Colossus,few other games have got the feeling of taking on a very,very large,very powerful opponent.
You do know FF7 was made when it was just squaresoft, right? But still, I see your point. In FF1&2 dawn of souls, damn near every boss in the bonus dungeons is more of a pain than chaos. Deathagze is fricken impossible cus he has so much hp. and the 2 guys at the end of the third dungeon, OMG they're even harder. They don't have as much HP, but the hit alot harder.

BTW, thanks for the emerald/ruby guide. I'll start on it once I get my playstation working again.
alucard2

Hardest:

Schneider from Armored Core: Last Raven. Even if you had the right AC settings, (R-Arm laser blade anyone?) it's already very tedious to kill her in the first place.
Oh...Schneider...i've just beaten her 3 days ago....what a hell of a fight...i've got her in my 2nd time but almost died and ended the battle with no ammo except my Gaea Core (which i love BTW)

Also...now i Remembered Shadow of Colossus...its Bosses are AMAZING and the last one very fun to fight...

Metroid Prime...That Meta Ridley was one of the best Ridley fight...i remember that i had no clue on how to destroy the last boss on MP2 : Echoes and found out with like 2 min left and barely made it...
Last edited by alucard2 on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corvus Moore

Yes I was fully aware that they were Squaresoft,but their name now is Squeenix by the fans and so it sticks better for reference.
RGM-79G GM Command

VR7 wrote:Z-Gradt is easy. Just dash around it while taking potshots until it turns gold, then walk up close and continue taking potshots while walking around it, preferably away from the laser. It takes more damage when it's gold.
Do you mean in MARZ, Oratario Tangram or the first? Cause I beat him in MARZ and Oratario Tangram, but lost (If he was the final boss I can't remember.) in the arcade version of the first.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Add The Black Tri Stars in Gundam Battle Royale to my list.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Draco Starcloud

Hardest: Jack of Blades from Fable: The Lost Chapters.

I need alot of Healing and Mana Potions and a maxed-out Mana Shield to beat this guy.

Easiest: Probobly Cold Man from "Megaman and Bass".

He just stands there and throws blocks of ice that you can jump on.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Xenogil

Well, in defense of Cold Man, his body's always near absolute zero, so he can't really move that much.

OH! I just remembered another one. Divinegon, from Dragon Quest III. Beating him the first time was tough enough, but beating him under 15 turns? MADNESS!
DropDeadEd

Igniz in KOF 2001.

Just try hitting him with anything if you dont know better.

Easiest: Sephiroth/Sorceress Ultimecia

It was annoying to beat the crap out of them and watching as they came back for more.
Toxicity

:shock: :shock:

wow......you killed ultimecia and you think she's easy???.....I'd like to hear that story.
DropDeadEd

Toxicity wrote::shock: :shock:

wow......you killed ultimecia and you think she's easy???.....I'd like to hear that story.

Wall pretty much keeps you well protected. Regen and haste is a good combination for regaining health whilst you try to heal. Regen keeps you healthy enough to survive attacks and get better build up for Limit Breaks.

Also, having the strongest weapons and being at an adamant enough level is key.

yes she was pretty easy, I was annoyed at how many times she kept coming back.
VR7

RGM-79G GM Command wrote:Do you mean in MARZ, Oratario Tangram or the first? Cause I beat him in MARZ and Oratario Tangram, but lost (If he was the final boss I can't remember.) in the arcade version of the first.
I mean Operation Moongate, the original VO. You handle Z-Gradt the exact same way in Marz, only he has a couple new attacks and you get the ability to air dash and use turbo shots. Which are not actually useful, with the exception of maybe turbo shots, (which you don't get in Moongate) considering the generally accepted method of defeating it.

Edit:

I missed something, actually, regarding Moongate. Z-Gradt takes more damage not only when it's gold--it's also based on distance. Apparently the damage is amplified as you hit him from a closer distance, even if you can't touch him with melee attacks. But if you are circling him from a very close range, you are very likely to:

a) Bring him to an inch of his life,
b) Evade his laser, provided you are walking in the right direction.

If you're lucky you can actually kill him in the first transformation to gold. Otherwise, it's still possible to kill him either on the second transformation, or while he's gone berserk, since you can still chip at him.
-noel
codename:v

Hardest boss: Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts under platinum match at Olympus Colliseum. This guy is way too incredible to beat but after grueling matches, I got' im.

Easiest boss: Anselm or Xenahort from Kingdom Hearts?
volrath77

Favourite/most stylish/chaotic: Jehuty/Anubis in ZOE2.
Hardest - can't think of any right now but anything with the name Omega like Omega Weapon, Omega Gundam, etc. is a good start.
Easiest - also can't think of any right now. :P
RGM-79G GM Command wrote:Hardest was Z-Gradt from Virtual On: Cyber Troopers. (I never beat it even though I am pretty good at the game.)
Hmm...seems that others have addressed the method of beat Z-Gradt. However, I think Jaguarandi is a worse opponent & I sometimes deliberately take a longer time than necessary to beat the first 5 V'roids just so that I can get to meet Jaguarandi.
SNT1

I havent gotten this far yet, but apparently in FFXII there is a boss with 50 million (50,000,000) HP. To those who dont play FF or any other RPG, you dont have to be a genius to figure out that's freakin high. I guess this will fall under a 'hardest' criterion rather easily.
Toxicity

50 million HP!? :shock: :shock: :shock:

(Jaw drops and falls to the floor)
(bends over to pick up and reconnect)

Wow. That's a new record for final fantasy. Let me know how that boss fight goes when you get there.
alucard2

i Guess its Yazmat, a optional boss that has 23 (or it was 24?) different "phases" of the fight...so thats the reason of his big HP...however until i finish Pharos im not going to mess with him :D