Easiest/Hardest Boss Battles

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Toxicity

Easiest/Hardest Boss Battles

Who is the hardest boss to kill, in your opinion, in any video game ever made? Also, who is the wimpiest boss?

For My hardest Boss, the envelope goes to the sorceress ultimicia from FF8. This lady is impossible to defeat! You kill her when she's in her human form, she summon's griever. Kill Greiver, the both come back as one monster. You kill that, she comes back in this God-like human form and immediatly starts casting apocolypse. That's as far as I ever got fighting her.

To my easiest, I give a bottle of steriods to the Airbuster from FF7. You can kill this guy in 2 hits if you know what you're doing. It's very simple: prior to starting the battle, have Barret and Cloud's limit breaks full and ready to go. When the battle starts, airbuster has Barret and Tiffa in front of him, and cloud behind. Hit him with cloud's limit break for 500 or 600 damage. Airbuster will turn his back on Barret & Tifa to counterattack cloud. While his back is turned, blast his sorry ass to pieces with big shot from barret. Easy as pie.
Folken Fanel

Hardest boss for me was Ansem from Kingdom Hearts. He's so frikkin fast its unbelievable. Easiest was pobaly the first fight with Xemnas in KH2.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Corvus Moore

For Hardest boss,also read cheapest,the oddly named boss of Guilty Gear Isuka,insane design,incredibly powerful moves,absolutely no delay in using them and only vulnerable in a small hit zone.

For easiest boss,gotta be the Lifa tree boss in FF9,one phoenix down,or exilier,can`t recall which is an instant kill.
Toxicity

I agree about the guy at the bottom of the lifa tree. Easy. But I purposly take as long as I possibly can on killing FF9 bosses so I can rob em blind first :wink:
mcred23

Oooh... you got me racking my brain on this one... so many games to choose from.

I think the honor of the hardest would have to be a three-way tie. First is the dianoga from Shadows Of The Empire, which was always a pain due to the underwater aspect of the level and the need to save ammo for the next mission. Second is the hard mode of Andross from Star Fox 64, where you first have to fight the big head/hands mode... and then the true (brain and eyes) mode, and then get out alive. It was very tricky and took me a few tries to beat (And even then, I usually come out pretty banged up and short a life or two). Although after years of playing both games, both bosses have become much easier although they are still tricky to take down.

And the third one... I can't remember at the moment. :oops:

Now, as for the easiest, I could name a few bosses that were easier than I had expected, such as the boss in Perfect Dark Zero and that Brute guy with the mohawk from Halo 2 (I know the name, but I won't attempt to spell it), as well as Moff Seerdon in Star Wars: Rouge Squadron.

However, the wimpiest I think would have to be the Star Wolf team in Star Fox 64. In their normal Wolfen fighters, they aren't much of a challenge and most can be killed before they even get engaged. Even in their Wolfen II fighters (Which were used before the hard-type Andross I mentioned before) they were far less of a threat than they seemed and could still be dropped fairly quickly without much effort.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
alucard2

Hardest : I wouldnt say "Hardest" but Liquid Snake in MGS for PS1 gave me a hell of time back then,you battled him a lot of times one after the other and he it looked as he wouldnt die ,hell,he fell from over 20 meters and was alive...

Easiest : Dracula in the start of Castlevania Symphony of the Night,well....i dont know if you can call him a boss as its IMPOSSIBLE to lose,in the case you die, Maria will revive Richter and make him invincible for the rest of the fight...

Ill probably change this later when i remember about past games :D
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Hardest? Probably Nobunanga in Onimusha 3. Followed by Duo in Megaman Battle Network 4. There's also that Phantom Blob in X6, The Fear in Metal Gear Solid 3.

Easiest?

Soulcage from FF9, one of my favrioutes too. Can't think of anything else, been awhile.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Saikuba

Hardest: Terranigma, Bloody Mary. (Note I haven't played this game for like five years so all of this may be highly inaccurate) She can kill you really quickly if you get up close, since she has several orbs rotating her that will hurt when you run into them. Unfortuantely, your only ranged attack is magic, and that is limited by items. Even if you use all the magic stones you have gotten to this point, it's not enough to kill her, so in with the spear fighting. Your strongest weapon will 1-3 damage per hit, but you have a holy or light type weapon that will do 1-6 or so damage.

Now here is the catch: she has 350 hit points. And let me remind you that she can kill you in very few hits, and that when you are fighting close it is very easy to get hit. This makes for a very very very very very frustrating battle.

I don't know how anyone has ever won this battle without cheating. Well, I suppose if you leveled up about 10 or so levels above what you could possibly be expected to be at this point, it might be possible, but otherwise I'm not seeing it.

Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption also had the "you get close and you die" aspect to the final bosses. Luckily you get guns in that game. Unluckly this meant that you had to abandon by far the most broke weapon in the game, because it was a sword. I only beat the last battle because the boss's pathfinding glitched on me, allowing me to shoot continously as it tried to manuever around a piece of rubble.

Easiest Battle: Hmm. I don't know if I can think of the easiest battle ever, as I find the short fights forgettable. However, I do seem to remember the final boss battle in Phantasy Star IV, while not extremely easy, to be a huge let down in difficutly from the previous boss battles (most of which were pretty brutal). But that was more of a letdown that actually easy.
Scyron

Krauser on professional mode in Resident Evil 4 (albiet I tried to get a perfect on him, but he was still fairly hard).

Most of God of War.
Mark064

Easiest: Ghost or was it Phantom Train is FF6... just use a Phionex Down or cast Life and it's dead in a single hit.

Hardest: Judecca in Super Robot Spirits for Nintendo 64. Infinite specical meter really cheap moves that says it all. You start with no special bar and have to try to build it up while triyng to not die and actually hit her. While when she does a special she's pretty much invincible.
Gambit01

Easiest Boss: I don't know if it counts as a fight, but running away from the Dahaka in Prince of Persia II. Not only was it easy to do, but it was fun as hell; sometimes I purposely let him get me just so I could do it again.

Hardest Boss: Char Aznable/Amuro Rey in Federation vs. Zeon, story mode. I swear, those guys are freakin' unbeatable; I could pound on them for the entire time limit, hitting each time, with them standing still and I might get their health down to 2/3 if I'm lucky. This ignores the fact that they both dodge like mad, and only take 3 to 4 shots to kill me, depending on what mobile suit I'm in. It's really, really frustrating.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Anonymous

Ares (end boss) of God od War those 3 fight were a bastard, so hard to dodge his claws.

I have to say all the boss fights from the last 1/3 of FF10 were piss easy...especially the end couple.
Vash

For hardest I'd have to go with the final fight against Vergil in Devil May Cry 3, with Alpha 152 in DOA4 being a runner up.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Gambit01

What are you talking about, Vergil fights are easy!!!......when you're using Quicksilver.....with Super Dante cheat..........
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Dark Duel

Easiest for me was the Dark Bahamut in FFX-2. Weakest. Bahamut. Ever.

Hardest, besides Ansem in KH was the Battle against Yellow Squadron over Farbanti in Ace Combat Four: Shattered Skies.
One against about eight, those guided missiles of theirs are a b**** to shake off - actually, they're impossible to sake off in anything less than a Super Flanker, and they dodge your missiles like crazy.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ORegan

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Hardest? Probably Nobunanga in Onimusha 3. Followed by Duo in Megaman Battle Network 4. There's also that Phantom Blob in X6, The Fear in Metal Gear Solid 3.
i found the fear easy, just use thermal goggles with the AK-47

but anyways, the easiest boss would have to be the Adzam from Gundam Journey to Jaburo, either that or Alex gundam from the same game. beat it with a GM without getting hit, which many ppl have acomplished

the hardest..hmmm...need to think on this one....ok well id have to go back to a game called skyblazer for snes. there is this damn roling thing that keep getting bigger an bigger as it rolls around the screen. it takes up the whole screen at a point which causes damage to u. and the only way u can hit it is hittin it in the eye that it only exposes like 10 times
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I didn't like using the Thermals too much in MGS3, plus I missed them at the time.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
ORegan

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:I didn't like using the Thermals too much in MGS3, plus I missed them at the time.
oh ok, so u had to use your own vision to see him, yeah thhat was pretty hard. especailly if u were trying to get his camo
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Corvus Moore

I requsition we add two more categories for this thread,to save making another one,Most Fun boss and Most stylish boss,which fight left you either loving how the game pulled it off,or looking at your hands in disbeleif,you were god of the controller for a few moments.
alucard2

Well...

Most Fun Boss : Evangel in Armored Core : Nexus and Last Raven...most of time i fight him i get out with little HP left and its soo fun...

Most Stylish Fight : Would be the one against Red Dragon,the final boss of King of Dragons for SNES...i took SO long to beat that game alone without the 99 credits that when i finished it for the first time i was just feeling...awesome...