Easiest/Hardest Boss Battles

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
RGM-79G GM Command

Hardest was Z-Gradt from Virtual On: Cyber Troopers. (I never beat it even though I am pretty good at the game.)

I'll get back to you on the easiest, I can't think of their names right now.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
wing zero alpha

I think the honor of the hardest would have to be a three-way tie. First is the dianoga from Shadows Of The Empire, which was always a pain due to the underwater aspect of the level and the need to save ammo for the next mission. Second is the hard mode of Andross from Star Fox 64, where you first have to fight the big head/hands mode... and then the true (brain and eyes) mode, and then get out alive. It was very tricky and took me a few tries to beat (And even then, I usually come out pretty banged up and short a life or two). Although after years of playing both games, both bosses have become much easier although they are still tricky to take down.
Ah good times. I remember when I first went up against the Dianoga I literally double taked. I knew I was going to be facing a larger Dianoga thanks to SotE owner's manual, but I didn't think it'd be a literal giant squid. As for Andross, yeah, I never quite mastered killing him in his Brain form, even though I have Star Fox down to an art form. It's especially bitchy when you lose both wings if you get caught in his tentacles.
One against about eight, those guided missiles of theirs are a b**** to shake off - actually, they're impossible to sake off in anything less than a Super Flanker, and they dodge your missiles like crazy.
Actually, there were only five. Your best bet for that fight is the F-22 Raptor in my humble opinion, since it has a lot of missiles to spare and AMRAAMs, which come in handy when you're flying head on at them. I managed to down two of them on the first part alone thanks to the AMRAAMs.

----

Easiest: The Pain (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater)

I have to admit, I was intimidated by this guy at first, because how in the world do you shoot down a swarm of hornets? But then I found that the arena consists of a lake with him standing on an island at the center. From there on, it's literally pop up, shoot him, pop back into the water before he can retaliate. And if you have the Patriot, you don't even have to jump up from the water. I literally went through an entire boss fight without taking any damage whatsoever from this guy.

Hardest: Anubis (Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner)

In case people are wondering which stage I'm referring to, I'm talking about all of them (short of the Aumaan Core). It's bad enough for the fact Anubis has full zero shift (teleporting) at its disposal, but unlike in the first game, it now has long-range attacks that range from a mini-nuke of a burst attack to homing lasers that can come from all directions, forcing you on the defensive. Even if you have zero shift yourself, it's literally impossible for you to defeat Anubis on the first two times.

But the worst part is in the "Flight to Phobos" level, where not only is Anubis at full blown power, but you lose your long-range abilities and all your subweapons short of zero shift and grab. It's like a total reversal of your fight in the first game, except you're not invincible. Oh yeah, and here Anubis uses his burst attack the most often, and he's only vulnerable to attack after the burst diminishes (you have to zero shift to catch him off guard). Never had a boss fight where I was on edge like this...
bluemax151

Hardest Boss: Indalecio on hard with limiter removed from Star Ocean Second Star Story.

Easiest Boss : Pretty much anything in FF9 with the exception of maybe Ozma.

Most Stylish Boss: Definitely M'Quve. I can't tell if that guy is just metro or gay.

Most Entertaining Boss: Apocalypse from Marvel vs. Capcom. "GAME IS OVER"
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Scheusal

Hardest: Murakumo, the Geo Sweeper fight two. I swear I fought that (censored) thing at least fifty times. He deserved to die, but I stopped playing the game after that. (I read that he comes back at the end and have given up on the game for now.)

Easiest: FF8, Red Giant. 1st attack, Squall uses his Limit and ends with Lion Heart for MASSIVE damage (duh). Red Giant says, "Physical attacks? Useless!" 2nd attack, someone summons Eden. Red Giant says, "That GF was weak!" and he dies.

Most Fun: Federation vs Zeon Delux, final battle for the Zeon side. Mission=kill Gundam. I love ripping that thing to pieces.

Most Stylish: (spoiler) I didn't win this fight, but it was still really cool. Psycho Mantis in Metal Gear Solid. I fought him and almost (2-3 hits away) killed him without switching controller ports.
I am a Zeon pilot.
Those who launch with me will be protected.
Those who launch against me will be destroyed.
Any questions?
Corvus Moore

Most fun - A recent addition,Time Crisis 3,the all action boss fight between the two agents and WildDog with WildFang,they fought so much more like the player characters despite all the benefits.

Most Stylish - Sorta a boss marathon really but the fact I pulled it off is the stylish bit,Gundam Climax,EZ8 versus the first half of UC,taking on the Alex,the original,the Mk2,the Zeta and for fun,the Psycho the purest of skin of your teeth victories,damn them for trimming the EZ8s stats.
SNT1

Everything in Ninja Gaiden Black on the hardest diffculty...

The thing about these bosses are alot of em arent THAT cheap. It's just when you die you know you screwed up in one way.

Alma is mad cheap though.

in KH and KH2, Sephiroth... WTFh4x. fun fight though.

as for the easiest---idk...too many I guess, and I dont know, as most games have a tough grunt, mini-boss, sub-boss etc...that I cant really tell what qualifies as a boss
G.Squirrel

Hardest: Trying to defeat Majora's Mask without the fierce diety mask. Now that is hard. God I love that game.

Easiest: The Final boss of the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. While it does have three forms, they are all incredibly easy, especially the last one where you only need to hit it in the eye once with the boomerang to kill it.
ORegan

most fun: fighting Ramba Ral in JtJ when i 1st bought the game. i tried to fight him hand to hand, got my ass wiped because at that point in the game i was more "use beam rifle, it'll kill everything" rather then more "hand to hand is harder and more skillful"

most style: having those quick draw duels with Ocelot in MGS3
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
solid snake

Let's see now.

Easiest: I'd say Ares from God of War. He was a piece of cake, at least on easy.

Hardest: The End from MGS3. Holy crap, I ended up back in the prison like three times. At least I got his bird though. :twisted:
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
wing zero alpha

Most Fun: E.S. Naphtali (Xenosaga III: Also sprach Zarathurstra)

E.S. matches are always the best in this game, and I really enjoyed this one. Naphtali wasn't too hard, but its pilot attacks with the furocity of a doberman, so I have to constantly be prepared for the worst. The only problem I had with this guy was when he summoned a grossly over powered buster rifle that drained all the health from one of my own E.S. That didn't go over with me very well needless to say. As well, Naphtali has a neat design to it.

Most Stylish: Schwarze Squadron (Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War)

This is one of the hardest boss fights in the entire game. Schwarze is comprised of eight MiG-31 "Foxhounds" against you and your wingman (two planes) plus whatever allied craft that hadn't been shot down, grossly outnumbering and outpowering you. To make matters worse, they appear at the end of the battle, when your missile supply is exhausted. Still, I put this in the most stylish because I like the way the Schwarze group flies: since they're using Foxhounds, they use their speed as their main advantage by making quick bursts without having to turn so much, sort of like the Roadrunner. I had to do a lot of crazy maneuvering just to keep up with them, as well as ration my missile supply.

I also like how the Schwarze Squad (especially their leader) are modeled after a pack of vultures that fly into battles to pick on the dead. That was pretty cool.
Last edited by wing zero alpha on Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wing zero alpha

See below.
Last edited by wing zero alpha on Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wing zero alpha

Crap, triple post. Sorry, had a posting error. Feel free to delete.
Toxicity

SNT1 wrote:Everything in Ninja Gaiden Black on the hardest diffculty...

The thing about these bosses are alot of em arent THAT cheap. It's just when you die you know you screwed up in one way.

Alma is mad cheap though.

in KH and KH2, Sephiroth... WTFh4x. fun fight though.

as for the easiest---idk...too many I guess, and I dont know, as most games have a tough grunt, mini-boss, sub-boss etc...that I cant really tell what qualifies as a boss
I've never played any kingdom hearts because a I detest disney, so I wouldn't know how hard sephiroth is in those, but in FF7, the final boss fights were a real let down for me. After fighting stuff like the diamond and ultima weapon and that big ass mech in midgar (proud clod?) sephiroth and jenova synth was a walk in the park. The big angel form of sephiroth I can kill in under 10 rounds without using knights of the round (cus summoning them would kill him in 1 hit). While I'm ranting about FF7, I have never been able to kill the Ruby and Emerald weapons. They both hit harder than anything else in the game, have more HP, and have ridiculous attacks. Emerald has the attack called air tam storm that does a certain amount of damage (don't remember how much) for each peice of materia equipped in your party. And ruby, it's even worse, if you go into the battle with all three people alive, he kills them off using that stupid attack that sucks them into the ground.

Note: the only reason I didn't put either of them as my hardest is because I've never really tried to kill them.

~ "Hey! what's that red thing in the desert? Let's ram it with the airship! ........OH MY GOD! HE KILLED CLOUD!!!!!"
alucard2

^ If you want i can provide you with some known strategies that worked for me in the process of killing the Weapons...and if you can...play Kingdom Hearts,im no big Disney fan either but the game is awesome and Sephiroth,unlike in FF7, will give you a very hard time :D

And god i cant stand trying to play Ace Combat anymore after one of my wingen crashed on me (or i was the one who crashed on him??? Cant remember :lol: )
Saikuba

Actually I do have a legitmate easiest boss, and that would be Draygon from Super Metroid. Whee, grappling beam away!
Cyber-Kun

Not as hard now, but fighting the Devil Gundam in Gundam Battle Assualt 2 with Gundam Maxter was hell for me (on hard mode)
Toxicity

I've just thought of another guy is always a pain in the ass for me: The full armor gundam in EIS that you fight in the final battle of Matsunaga's ace pilot mode story. That guy always left me with next to no health left and a sore thumb from meleeing so much.

BTW, I would love those guides for killing the Ruby & Emerald weapons. E-Mail or PM me with the info.
ZeonfromHell

Toxicity wrote: Emerald has the attack called air tam storm that does a certain amount of damage (don't remember how much) for each peice of materia equipped in your party. And ruby, it's even worse, if you go into the battle with all three people alive, he kills them off using that stupid attack that sucks them into the ground.
1. 1000 points per materia. So, essentially it does 16,000 points, but only displays "9999" because no damage goes higher than that. It's easily countered by Final-attack+Phoenix. Either way I thought Emerald was far easier than Ruby.

2. The Quicksand attact is easy to bypass. go into the battle with the two non-participating members already dead. Therefore, you can have all the good materia equipped on the good guy, and use the guy you want. I beat him with Coud. He had Ultima Weapon with mastered Final attack+revive, Quadra magic+Ultima, W-summon+Master Summon, pre-emptive, a complete enemy skill, mastered HP and MP plus,and the rest were Counterattack. I had a Fire ring as my accessory to drain the fire damage. The six counterattacks meant that I would get six hits on him for every one he got, so I immediately killed those damned tentacle things. I used a lot of hero drinks and Turbo eathers, as well as a heafty number of Omnislash. Knights of the Ropund was used, but I got tired of taking Ultima from him, so i just kept using Bahaumut Zero and limit breaks.

The hardest boss I've fought the The Joy on MGS 3 on extreme. I still have not beaten the game on extreme.

The Easiest boss I've ever had was the Sorrow from the same game. You don't fight, just dodge. And then you just use the Revival pill. Done and Done.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
EZero8

Hardest boss? Probably fighting the Devil Gundam with the Gundam Maxter in "Street Mode". I've had my fare share of bulging blisters and acheing fingers when doing that.

The most entertaining would probably be... just about any boss from games I enjoy playing. I wouldnt enjoy the game if it wasnt all that challenging in the first place. :wink:
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
SNT1

damn. I think i'm the only one here who doesn't play gundam games.
I've never played any kingdom hearts because a I detest disney, so I wouldn't know how hard sephiroth is in those, but in FF7, the final boss fights were a real let down for me. After fighting stuff like the diamond and ultima weapon and that big ass mech in midgar (proud clod?) sephiroth and jenova synth was a walk in the park. The big angel form of sephiroth I can kill in under 10 rounds without using knights of the round (cus summoning them would kill him in 1 hit). While I'm ranting about FF7, I have never been able to kill the Ruby and Emerald weapons. They both hit harder than anything else in the game, have more HP, and have ridiculous attacks. Emerald has the attack called air tam storm that does a certain amount of damage (don't remember how much) for each peice of materia equipped in your party. And ruby, it's even worse, if you go into the battle with all three people alive, he kills them off using that stupid attack that sucks them into the ground.
rule of thumb: I can probably say this for most SQueenix Games (since all of my Squeenix games are like this)----All Final bosses are let downs. Secret bosses seems to be waaaay more powerful all the time.

As for KH and KH2 sephiroth. Think bosses that can be put into games like Shinobi, Ninja gaiden, God of War and still be very powerful. Now that's outta the way, KH/KH2 sephiroth is an option boss :wink:

The fact that Sora's keyblade is very short compared to Sephiroth's masamune is already a massive disadvantage. Plus he teleports around, casts a spell that is instant death, does Meteor, really fast, etc...

He beat the crap out of me a few times.... But after tons of practice (not to say he is not HARD anymore,) but he is a very fun fight.