Easiest/Hardest Boss Battles

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Duo

Post by Duo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:18 pm

Hmmmm.... recently.... in the last 6 months... I'd have to say...

Hardest:
Star Trek: Encounters. Racing against the Kazon ship... that pissed me off so badly... I'dbe far enough ahead of of it to move on to the next part just to ahve it race past me... and you have to do this in 4 different areas... I spent like 3 days on that because it pissed me off so much...

Honorable mention: Even though I passed it the first time I played through it, the '8492' mission in AC:5... almost all subsucent replays I end up dying 4-5 times before I get too pissed off and run for it rather then fight... That includes with the Falken/MiG 1.44/S-32/Su-47 (any idea why the number got changed on the Berkut between AC:4 and AC:5 when AC:4 had the right number?).

Honorable Metion 2: In Twilight Princess (finally a Zelda game that isn't about Link and Zelda!!) King Bulbin 2nd jousting match.... grrrrr.. that made me so mad.. I spent about 45 minutes trying to beat him and I had the guide in front of me, and it dodn't help all that much...

Easiest: Hmmm... Well if I wanted to miss out on getting his camo and his sniper rifle, I'd say The End from MGS:3... you can kill him before the boss fight and only have to deal with soliders in that area when you get there. Other then that... in the "OMFG!! These are super hard bosses that ended up being so freaking easy" catagory: I'd say Darkhammer or Zant from Twilight Princess... I was like, "Oooooh shi... this will be hard as crap...." Darkhammer was dead in the first try and Zant.. I laughed as I beat him in like 3 minutes.
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami

swordoath

Post by swordoath » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:34 pm

Here's one of interest -- the last Special Mission in Custom Robo Arena. You have to beat a guy using a bunch of illegal (read: strong) parts in 120 seconds without taking a single hit. I've been working on this for days.
Looking to trade Gundam War cards (US) -- looking for Brown especially. I have a BIG collection including URs and promos. PM me for details!

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:10 pm

I have to agree, most stylish boss fights would be Shadow of the Collosus. They may not be the easiest or hardest fights, but they're very much fun to even watch, nevermind kill.

Wedge14

Post by Wedge14 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:20 pm

For easy.
Ninja turtles for the Nes.
Does anyone remember the rocksteady fight?? All you had to do was pick donatello, get up on the crates and just keep attacking down, you can beat him without even being hit.

Or how about that fish from Earthworm Jim 2? That fight's over before the "Fight" letters show up.

M.Bison. Seriously the guys a pushover, everytime, everygame. The only time i fear him is under the control of a human player.

For hard...

Most SNK/KOF bosses. #$#@%$$%$##$#!$!! Cheap!! Broken unfair, aggravating. I dunno how many bystander's neck's i snapped while playing a KOF game.

Mike Tyson in mike Tyson's punchout. I dunno how i beat him when i was younger, because i'm pretty sure i had no idea what i was doing back then. Even know that i know his patterns i still end crying over it.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:28 pm

When it comes to KOF bosses, just about any variation of Rugal comes to mind. @[email protected] Thus fighting guys like Orochi was a breath of fresh air. Then there's fighting Akuma in either Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, or as Shin Gouki in Alpha 2.

quasadra

Post by quasadra » Fri May 04, 2007 8:51 am

for me, the hardest is the armor dude from kingdom hearts 2 final mix(he is a secret boss, the one beyond a black portal in disney's castle) his attack is just brutal and relentless. he also have high damage and defence. and his special move cannot be avoid(maybe the first two hits but the third is sure to hit) and if you have no chance without glide at lv 3.(but i beat him at the fifth try,of course i got the ultima weapon at lv99, and you get an item as prove of victory)

the easiest is sorceress ultimecia from ff8, stock up on powerfull magic all the way to 99(crazy i know,i have all magic stock at 99, even fire, blizzard and thunder)then the powerfull spell is just for junction.
also i got the lionheart gunblade. after that can just kill two of her form with just one lionheart limit, the rest is just a brezze.