Metal Gear Solid 4

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

What do you have to say about MGS4:GOP.

It looks totally awsesome and I want it right now!
56%
I'm not overwhelmed with joy, but I may look into it.
31%
I never really liked the Metal Gear franchise.
13%

Total votes: 71
ZeonfromHell

Metal Gear Solid 4

Alright Snake fans!

The 2006 Tokyo Game Show has come and gone, and Gamespot.com has given us the skinny on Kojima's latest (and greatest) MGS4 preview.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/m ... 113&q=MGS4
Now, we all know that Snake is old. In fact, with his mecha-eyepatch and gray hair, he obviously looks just like his clone-daddy. But in the ending 30 seconds of the video, we see a man who looks like young Snake.

What the Hell!? "Big Boss! Did you go and clone yourself again...? Yes mommy." Like the good people at Gamespot have said before: Kojima's video has imposed more questions that it has answered.

What do you think so far? Any thoughts on the new game?
Last edited by ZeonfromHell on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Scyron

Link to video(s)?

I liked it from the PSX debut, but I haven't been too motivated to finish substistance and substance, since I got them.
Vash

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/vids_1.html

I cant wait for MGS4, I cant wait to see how Solid Snake's chapter comes to a close. The only game I want more right now is Halo 3.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Blauer Nebel

I would like to eventually get my hands on the game and finish Snake's story. What interests me most is the satyrical nature of the storyline, and the notion that the events in MGS4 may actually take place in our own reality some time down the road.

But it will be a long time coming before I deem it necessary to satisfy Sony by buying their ridiculously priced console that hosts the game.
Assume the best. Prepare for the worst; for I have the hands of a saint and the mind of a sinner.
ORegan

id buy it, once i get a ps3 of course, and i plan on waiting a little while so the stores dont become needlessly packed to get one. i wanna see if someone finally kills ocelot, even though he is the coolest guy in the game...besides grey fox
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
solid snake

Who the hell you callin' old!? You freakin' kids, I oughta beat you with my cane. Or maybe I'll send my Otacon controlled robot after you. :twisted:

In all seriousness this game looks incredible. I just hope it's not as tedious as I found MGS3 to be.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Strike Zero

Tedious? What do you mean by that? The only part of the game I found to be tedious was the fight with The End. Other than that, the game pretty much kept me entertained the whole time.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
solid snake

I felt I had to take my time a lot more with the environments being trees instead of concrete most of the time.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Blauer Nebel

Actually, I found the industrial settings of the MGS games to be far more tedious than the setting of MGS3.
Assume the best. Prepare for the worst; for I have the hands of a saint and the mind of a sinner.
ORegan

Strike Zero wrote:Tedious? What do you mean by that? The only part of the game I found to be tedious was the fight with The End. Other than that, the game pretty much kept me entertained the whole time.
that fight is only tedious if you try to snipe him out. i snuck up on him over and over and shot him in the head with the m37...well, anyways ontopic, MGS4 looks incredible, they only thing that i find bullsh*t is the little metal gear rex/rey have breeds walking around that seem indestructable...unless ur Raidin with a high frequency blade
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
wing zero alpha

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4

ZeonfromHell wrote:Now, we all know that Snake is old. In fact, with his mecha-eyepatch and gray hair, he obviously looks just like his clone-daddy. But in the ending 30 seconds of the video, we see a man who looks like youngSnake.

What the Hell!? "Big Boss! Did you go and clone yourself again...? Yes mommy." Like the good people at Gamespot have said before: Kojima's video has imposed more questions that it has answered.
This is Kojima here, the same man that threw us all for a loop with Raiden. Chances are he's doing the same with Old Snake to some degree. And is it just me, or does Snake look like Sean Bean in that shot?

Anyway, I'm not all giddy over MGS4, but I'm looking forward to it.
ZeonfromHell

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4

wing zero alpha wrote:And is it just me, or does Snake look like Sean Bean in that shot?
Well, interesting you brought that up...

You see, Kojima talked about that in an interview. Before now, all of the character designs completely original. So, they decided to incorporate the likenesses of real people, kinda like the MSX version of Metal Gear 2, but on a much bigger scale.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
ORegan

ok but if it really is "young snake" what would be the point of making the clone look different from Naked Snake/Big Boss and Solid Snake(and supossedly Liquid Snake)?
Aegis

*pulls thread out of the dust bunnies and moth balls*

E3 2007 trailer

I am also curious about the 20 minute gameplay demo that Kojima also showed off, what with the added camos to the Octo camo, the confirmed ability to take weapons from soldiers via CQC or hold-up/frisking, and the choice of which side to fight with sounds all the more exciting.

And that Raiden versus Vamp scene is just SWEET.
J-Lead

This is definitely the game I'm looking forward to. (well, this, Killzone 2, FFXIII/VSXIII and Re:5) If you ask me, I have a feeling that this game, being the final chapter in Snake's story, will turn out to be very morbid and were going to get some really depressing moments. I sense a kill-em'-all storyline coming...
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Hyakushiki

I definitely looking forward to this, ever since it was first announced. When I eventually get a PS3, It's the first game I'll buy. Kojima's games never fail to impress me, he announced he's leaving the series (again) I wonder if he means it this time.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Deus EpS Machina

Kojima says this is his last MGS title...though his track record on this is pretty crappy :lol:

Anyways, he says its his last MGS title and this time i believe him since it sorta looked like his main concern has always been Snake himself, and telling his story. That story ends with MGS4 as we all know so i can beleive him on that.

Of course he will continue making games though.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I admit, this is one game that almost makes me wanna shell out the 500+ for one
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Aegis

I'm still waiting for the Metal Gear of this game to be revealed. I've seen my share of GEKKOs, so now I really want to see the titular mech in action. :P
wing zero alpha

Nice to see that Meryl and the FOXHOUND troops are going to be supporting Snake directly, I was afraid they'd have their own thing to do in the game and that they'd seldomly work with Snake. Too bad the video didn't show them do anything useful.

Also, what's with LO's voice? His Japanese seiyuu is the one for Liquid Snake (who ironically also did Gihren Zabi), so how come in that scene he had Ocelot's voice?