Gundam Battle Operation 2

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Gelgoog Jager

Gundam Battle Operation 2

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last dropped by.

I have been watching some videos of the recent beta test for this game and overall I like some of the improvements over the original. For me, the inclusion of a second handheld weapon is definitely a much needed change, specially for units such as most basic Gelgoogs, which in the original game if you chose a beam rifle even taking care of human infantry became a nightmare given the slow firing rate and small hit box.

The inclusion of the RGM-86R will likely open the door for at least Z and ZZ era units. the original game only went as far as 0083 in the regard.

One thing I do am concerned, but at this point might simply be a measure taken to streamline matchmaking in the beta, is that there seem to only be mixed matches, in other words, anyone can pick any MS. For most of the original's lifespan the game worked loosely with factions, meaning fights were a EF team against a Zeon team and each side could only sue MS of their respective faction. Eventually a mode where you were free to choose any MS was added.

Personally, I preferred the faction system, since it made the game more unique. The fact that despite new MS additions sometimes trying to add equivalent units to both sides, we ended up with asymmetrical factions with their own strengths and weaknesses. Zeon tended to have more unique MS and generally more melee type units, while a majority of the EF MS sticked with the GM/Gundam archetype and they generally had more support type MS.

I really hope that such faction-based matches are still around for the sequel, since its one of the main reasons I continued to play the original throughout most of its lifespan (on the Zeon side that is).
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: Gundam Battle Operation 2

I think mixed teams are better for gameplay and longevity. The developer's zeon bias made for some extremely horrible situations, like the Efreet Kai being the first melee to have instant run and stun, and dom combos taking 80% of your HP.

Anyway, I'll be covering the game on my channel. Here is the beta footage playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... -iI-Usr4Yj

And a podcast discussing the beta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5k536_gzWI
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
drrockso20

turns out there's a "story" justification for the mixed teams, as the game itself is supposed to be set sometime during the UC 0090's, with the players being Mercenaries rather than part of either the Federation or Zeon

also worth mentioning that a recent patch added English text as an option to the game, which combined with the game being free(and not requiring PS+ to play online) means I highly recommend playing it
Omega

I'd play it, but Japanese PSN problems
BrentD15

Well, it's been a good five years, so I think it's a good idea to update this thread.
GBO2 has come to Steam!
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
branman88

BrentD15 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:58 am Well, it's been a good five years, so I think it's a good idea to update this thread.
GBO2 has come to Steam!
Has the steam version gotten better since it's horrible release?
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
BrentD15

branman88 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:46 am
BrentD15 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:58 am Well, it's been a good five years, so I think it's a good idea to update this thread.
GBO2 has come to Steam!
Has the steam version gotten better since it's horrible release?
I heard that it has improved, but it still has a ways to go.
I play the PS4 version, and the limitations of the JPN servers is quite apparent.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Pineapplezz123

Any update for 2024?

Worth playing?

It seems watered down with too many mobile suits but is it balanced?
Pineapplezz123

Pineapplezz123 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:53 am Any update for 2024?

Worth playing?

Just checked out done updates via the GBO2 Twitter...

Anyone know if anything like the Code Fairy dlc is planned for the future?

Besides that will another GBO be released or is that a few years away?
BrentD15

Pineapplezz123 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:12 pm
Pineapplezz123 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:53 am Any update for 2024?

Worth playing?

Just checked out done updates via the GBO2 Twitter...

Anyone know if anything like the Code Fairy dlc is planned for the future?

Besides that will another GBO be released or is that a few years away?
They had a poll a few months ago about adding new AU series to the game.