Super Robot Wars BX

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Super Robot Wars BX

So as of recently the next handheld SRW game was announced a 3DS title Super Robot Wars BX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtz1RSSebMY

THere has been quite a bit shown in this first PV a few "Giant Suprises"

1. Shin Mazinger Z and SKL both are in the game

2. Gundam AGE Debuts from the looks of it its just going to start us off at Kio (Balofo is going to be pissed), Also including Unicorn

3. Gaiant Gorg an Valiant are also debuting

4. The return of the king.

This is looking to be a very interesting title to the SRW line up I am a bit more interested in this than Tengoku plus we need more Shin Z so I can hold out my impossible hope that we eventually get Great-Hen
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Henyo

Re: Super Robot Wars BX

Macross 30 surprised me...really..

GUndam UC also looks like it'll stop at episode 6.

i find it rather humourous that Gorg and Galient are debut in the same game. Gorg looks like the Galient for me. only thing missing are land spinners. XD
Joldy's voice sounds different(new Seiyuu perhaps?) while Yuu's is still the same.

by king, do you mean dunbine?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
GX9900-Gundam-X

When I say king I either Refer to Gai Shishiou or Domon Kasshu I am still pretty damn Happy to see Dunbine back in action!
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Raikoh

It's the same team that did UX, and they really have stepped things up animation-wise. They've gotten the hang of the system and now they can focus on polishing it up. Comparing the Billbines, it also looks like the sprites are way higher quality than before.

I find it amusing that BX has the same amount of debuting series as both Z3.1 and Z3.2 combined (more if you count Raijin-Oh, which has never been in a normal SRW before), and pretty much every single one is something I'm pleased with getting (even if I've not seen Gorg yet). Strangely, NO DESTINY OR DANCOUGA NOVA? What new spore of madness is this?

With Macross 30 and Nadesico combined with the high amount of medieval settings, a time travel plot is imminent. I'm holding onto the hope that means we'll get the AGE characters in their Sunday Best.

Also with Macross, AGE, and Unicorn, this would be a perfect time to bring back the Bazaar.

Also also, it's worth noting that every character in the trailer is fighting something from their native series, meaning that everything is getting some sort of plot.
Henyo wrote:Joldy's voice sounds different(new Seiyuu perhaps?) while Yuu's is still the same.
If my source is accurate, they hired the same person to voice Jojo. As in, the same person who voiced him back in the 80s when he was just hitting puberty. I'm sure that people who watched Galient will need to readjust to get used to the new voice. Thankfully, it sounds fitting enough.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Henyo

Raikoh wrote:It's the same team that did UX, and they really have stepped things up animation-wise. They've gotten the hang of the system and now they can focus on polishing it up. Comparing the Billbines, it also looks like the sprites are way higher quality than before.

I find it amusing that BX has the same amount of debuting series as both Z3.1 and Z3.2 combined (more if you count Raijin-Oh, which has never been in a normal SRW before), and pretty much every single one is something I'm pleased with getting (even if I've not seen Gorg yet). Strangely, NO DESTINY OR DANCOUGA NOVA? What new spore of madness is this?

With Macross 30 and Nadesico combined with the high amount of medieval settings, a time travel plot is imminent. I'm holding onto the hope that means we'll get the AGE characters in their Sunday Best.

Also with Macross, AGE, and Unicorn, this would be a perfect time to bring back the Bazaar.

Also also, it's worth noting that every character in the trailer is fighting something from their native series, meaning that everything is getting some sort of plot.
Henyo wrote:Joldy's voice sounds different(new Seiyuu perhaps?) while Yuu's is still the same.
If my source is accurate, they hired the same person to voice Jojo. As in, the same person who voiced him back in the 80s when he was just hitting puberty. I'm sure that people who watched Galient will need to readjust to get used to the new voice. Thankfully, it sounds fitting enough.
puberty was also the first thing that came in mind...going by that we may also get the AU OVA 3 Galient in! that'd be awesome then. i did like the redesigned Galient there.

also, my supplier's ever constant complain whenever a new SRW is announced:

STILL NO Transformers! XD
YokozunaBulldozer

What I like so far is that Raijinoh is back for a second gig and Knight Gundam debuts.
And Double Mazinger.
And GGG.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Henyo

UX lineup
https://data.archive.moe/board/m/image/ ... 647312.jpg
BX Lineup
https://data.archive.moe/board/m/image/ ... 808771.jpg

how small exactly are those SD gundams BTW?
i just realized that with Macross 30 we might get almost all of the Macross series in one SRW game.(poor poor Macross II.) ICHIJOU!!!!!
hitokirigarou

^
The BX lineup picture got (Shin) Mazinger Z's height wrong. It should be 25m.

I think they'll only use Macross 30 exclusive characters/mecha.
Raikoh

It's so weird to think that Gundams might be getting treated as Size L just because there are so few big units. Well that might become more common in the near future since so many new series don't get past 8 meters...

The size of the SD Gundams depends on whether or not we're assuming that the human characters in SD Gundam are the same size or not, since Knight Gundam was around the same height as characters like Amuro and Char.

If they were going to use more Macross series, they'd no doubt have added them to the list count. It's a way of making the cast seem bigger than it is (like how the Z series counts Frontier as 3 series, VOTOMs as like six, FMP as 3, etc.) The most we can expect is cameos, like Isamu making an appearance in Big Wednesday and maybe some extra units available to switch characters into.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Henyo

I've watched a complete playthrough of Macross 30. got the gist of the basic story regarding the Original Characters.(technical jargons/terms hit me hard though.) wouldn't removing the Crossover nature lessen its plot/character development?

and i'm really hoping for the OVA version of Galient. something similar happened, i think, in the Alpha series. you can choose to follow the TV or DYRL version of SDF Macross.
Clawshrimpy

Can I just say how great it is to see GaoGaiGar in the cast list for the first time in 8 years? It immediately makes up for the rather bad cast lists of the past 4+ Z games.

I wonder how it'll actually be handled. I dunno if they’re gonna get enough of the voice cast to do enough lines that a modern Super Robot Wars game requires now with all of that cross-series battle and event dialogue and “save and quit/see you next time!” skits thats common in modern voice-acted SRW games. especially since, for example, Kaidou’s VA, Sayuri, passed away 3 years ago….Either they’ll cast a replacement (highly unlikely) or Kaidou’s only voice acted dialogue will be if anything, the stuff they already had leftover from Alpha 3 when Sayuri was alive. (Which IIRC was only Kaidou’s lines during the Z-Master sacrifice scene and and the Red Planet Purification chant.)

I dunno what other VAs they’ll get to return, obviously they HAVE to get Hiyama, but I’m curious if they’ll get say Taiga and Mikoto’s VAs back. and I’m really really curious if they could get Itou Maiko (Mamoru’s VA) back to do some lines for the big GaoGaiGar plot events and stuff. even though Itou Maiko hasn’t voiced something since that 2011 Enma-Kun series.

I know it's a pretty big pipe dream, but I want Mamoru to be given more to do than he was in the Alpha games and W. Everyone seems to forget he was the main character, not Guy. I mean, IIRC, there was pilot data for Mamoru hidden away in W's code, including a spirit spell list, so giving Mamoru a little more recognition in BX would be nice. I'd absolutely love to see him as a S-Size unit (Sivil-style) but that's a pretty big pipe dream, or at the very least, let him ride shotgun in StealthGao and let him share some of GaoGaiGar's battle dialogue with Guy. I'd be a shame if, while the Raijin-oh team and Kio are out having fun, Mamoru is just stuck on the ship until something needs purifying.

GaoGaiGar deserves a fairer shake in a more modern SRW, since Alpha 3 phoned it in way too much, and W.....W had some problems.
Henyo

can't say much for GGG. haven't gotten to watching it.(and i plan on watching the earlier Yuushas to boot. :twisted: )
i just notice that BX doesn't have any entry from the 70s. (unless of course you count Mazinger.)
also, i curious as to how they'll get Gorg out of the Austral, of if they'll even use the place. most of Gorg happens there after all.
this also applies to Galient. how are they going to incorporate Lanplate?
vrj_rrls_2015

Gorg and Galient looking good and did they spend all of their budget on SD Gundam?
Henyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI45P6tOp5Y

well, that was fast. there are three other available attack vids.(Unicorn and GGG)
hit me with Gorg and Galient! :twisted: