Arkham Knight Gone Too Far

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AceOfSpades1

Arkham Knight Gone Too Far

Have you heard? I was certain everyone had heard...no dear friends and young'ins this isn't where 'ol Uncle Ace starts singing the "bird is the word". This is where the 'Ol 'wiseman' use the term lightly now explains how WB/Rocksteady/DC have gone too far. What am I referring to? Well some of you should know, most in fact of the problem gamers face with DLC and Pre-Order bonus'. Now over the last few years not only did these things become a crutch for developers (the internet not withstanding allowing them to release glitchy bugged flawed product) but allowing them to TAKE more money from gamers in the forms of alternate costumes, added levels, extra story, etc.... These things ONCE were unlockable bonus', that increased the replay value of games...but I am off topic. What I'm referring to is the announcement that Batman: Arkham Knight would have a season pass of $39.99, seems steep doesn't it? The pass is included in the PREMIUM Edition of the game which is $99.99. So basic game $59.99 + Seasn Pass $39.99 = $99.99 the same price as the premium editon in order to get the 'full' experience. What is the DLC you may ask? Well we don't really know, they mention 6 months worth of content 'possibly' including alternate skins (which should already be in game). Am I the only one who misses the days when you unlocked skins and used them at your leisure? Not paid for them? Possible batmobile skins, other alternate character skins, among other possible useless/possibly fun DLC. $100 bucks for a game, a SINGLE game has become ludicrous. Now before you respond I know someone is going to bring up waiting, wait for the inevitable Game of the Year edition which always includes everything. One that involves waiting months to play a game you were looking foward to, second and formost...don't you feel cheated by that? You paid for this game, and this pass, and got this DLC which you have to download and waste hard drive space on ONLY for it to get released month's later included on the disc...is it just 'Ol Ace? Or has anyone else had with this sort of practice?
"Ol' Uncle Ace is here to stay"
gunform1010

Re: Arkham Knight Gone Too Far

AceOfSpades1 wrote:Have you heard? I was certain everyone had heard...no dear friends and young'ins this isn't where 'ol Uncle Ace starts singing the "bird is the word". This is where the 'Ol 'wiseman' use the term lightly now explains how WB/Rocksteady/DC have gone too far. What am I referring to? Well some of you should know, most in fact of the problem gamers face with DLC and Pre-Order bonus'. Now over the last few years not only did these things become a crutch for developers (the internet not withstanding allowing them to release glitchy bugged flawed product) but allowing them to TAKE more money from gamers in the forms of alternate costumes, added levels, extra story, etc.... These things ONCE were unlockable bonus', that increased the replay value of games...but I am off topic. What I'm referring to is the announcement that Batman: Arkham Knight would have a season pass of $39.99, seems steep doesn't it? The pass is included in the PREMIUM Edition of the game which is $99.99. So basic game $59.99 + Seasn Pass $39.99 = $99.99 the same price as the premium editon in order to get the 'full' experience. What is the DLC you may ask? Well we don't really know, they mention 6 months worth of content 'possibly' including alternate skins (which should already be in game). Am I the only one who misses the days when you unlocked skins and used them at your leisure? Not paid for them? Possible batmobile skins, other alternate character skins, among other possible useless/possibly fun DLC. $100 bucks for a game, a SINGLE game has become ludicrous. Now before you respond I know someone is going to bring up waiting, wait for the inevitable Game of the Year edition which always includes everything. One that involves waiting months to play a game you were looking foward to, second and formost...don't you feel cheated by that? You paid for this game, and this pass, and got this DLC which you have to download and waste hard drive space on ONLY for it to get released month's later included on the disc...is it just 'Ol Ace? Or has anyone else had with this sort of practice?
I have heard. Damn WB, but whatever. If it's cheaper than buying codes everywhere....
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
AceOfSpades1

But is it really? There's no telling if the DLC will be even worth it. But also think this game was delayed...2-3 times already; there was never a WORD about a season pass. At one point the game got delayed a month off and there was no word about a season pass or this much DLC so it makes you wonder...did they delay the game JUST for the season pass and DLC? Not polish?
Lord Dearche

Uh....I can't really say anything other then welcome to DLC? The way DLC has been for over the last decade? The same way any game ever with an online capability and even those without one has been. CoD, MW, BlOPS, Battlefield, Xenoverse, etc.

You're not forced to buy any of the DLC, the game is perfectly fine on it's own. It's not required to enjoy or play the game. If people want a some new skins, weapons, etc that aren't in the game normally and are just extras, that's up to them if they want to buy it or now .
'possibly' including alternate skins (which should already be in game).
...Why?

Why SHOULD they already be in the game? Game makers aren't obligated to put in free SWAG into the game. Especially say character skins for characters who aren't even a real part of the game.

Now maybe if it was a total BS case like it was with Full Boost where 90% of the "DLC" was entirely already on the disk, that would be an issue. (And it is because Scamco), but this is nothing new or anything worth getting panties in a bunch.
AmuroNT1

...Was that giant wall of text really necessary just to complain about the concept of a DLC season pass?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
AceOfSpades1

Been ages since you showed up to argue with me Amuro g'day, and not necessarily NO; but I felt a need to rant...I'm old it happens.
gunform1010

AceOfSpades1 wrote:Been ages since you showed up to argue with me Amuro g'day, and not necessarily NO; but I felt a need to rant...I'm old it happens.
Well, what do you think now? LOL

Lord Dearche

I....don't think that counts as arguing. And I agree with him, wall of text is wall of text and no one woudl even read it or take it seriously. Hell, even I only actually read 1/4th of it.

http://gematsu.com/2015/05/batman-arkha ... -announced

oooh, ow wow, people sure are getting ripped off with that season pass content, look at that stuff that should have already just been in the game just beacuse it should have. Yup.
Mimeblade

There is one solution to all this:

Game of the Year Edition Bundle.

All you have to do is wait for that and not get caught up in game hype.

The price will drop (as will DLC) and then... poof. Gaming experience achieved...

Certainly, you won't be keeping up with the trends, but it certainly will be cheaper.

Unless they throw in a Batmobile as a preorder bonus exclusive... then you're boned.
gunform1010

Mimeblade wrote:There is one solution to all this:

Game of the Year Edition Bundle.

All you have to do is wait for that and not get caught up in game hype.

The price will drop (as will DLC) and then... poof. Gaming experience achieved...

Certainly, you won't be keeping up with the trends, but it certainly will be cheaper.

Unless they throw in a Batmobile as a preorder bonus exclusive... then you're boned.
*chuckles*

*looks at the Wal-Mart exclusive*

Honestly, I"m concerned THEY WILL WISE UP FROM THE JOKER MAPS THING AND NOT INCLUDE THE SCARECROW MAPS TO BE PC PLAYABLE BY RESTRICTING IT OFF OF MACS AND STEAMOS.

AceOfSpades1

No one let's an old man rant anymore...what happened to the days when I could yell at kids to get off my lawn in peace? This post was also made BEFORE they actually told us what the season pass would entail, with what they announced it does seem like a lot (we still don't know everything there is possibly more). So it may be worth it, but again I'm still a bit ambivalent since this wasn't brought up until AFTER 2 delays.
gunform1010

AceOfSpades1 wrote:No one let's an old man rant anymore...what happened to the days when I could yell at kids to get off my lawn in peace? This post was also made BEFORE they actually told us what the season pass would entail, with what they announced it does seem like a lot (we still don't know everything there is possibly more). So it may be worth it, but again I'm still a bit ambivalent since this wasn't brought up until AFTER 2 delays.
I guess b/c they didn't feel the information was ready until they for sure the game is gold.

Lord Dearche

AceOfSpades1 wrote:No one let's an old man rant anymore...what happened to the days when I could yell at kids to get off my lawn in peace? This post was also made BEFORE they actually told us what the season pass would entail, with what they announced it does seem like a lot (we still don't know everything there is possibly more). So it may be worth it, but again I'm still a bit ambivalent since this wasn't brought up until AFTER 2 delays.
Well that's the thing, you started ranting about DLC and how bull **** the season pass was when you didn't even have any sort of info about what would actually be in it.

From what they've said so far it seems far more than worth it, considering each of those individual DLCs would cost between $5-$15 a piece.
AceOfSpades1

Lord Dearche wrote:Well that's the thing, you started ranting about DLC and how bull **** the season pass was when you didn't even have any sort of info about what would actually be in it.

From what they've said so far it seems far more than worth it, considering each of those individual DLCs would cost between $5-$15 a piece.
See I unfortunately (I'm a stubborn old goat) would have to agree with you, yes for what their offering even if that's more then YES at this point the season pass does seem fair. But then again I am concerned about the fact it was only announced AFTER the delays which makes me wonder was the game delayed BECAUSE they wanted to add DLC or not? Then I also wonder if the only reason they announced the content was because people were concerned about the large price tag.
gunform1010

AceOfSpades1 wrote:
Lord Dearche wrote:Well that's the thing, you started ranting about DLC and how bull **** the season pass was when you didn't even have any sort of info about what would actually be in it.

See I unfortunately (I'm a stubborn old goat) would have to agree with you, yes for what their offering even if that's more then YES at this point the season pass does seem fair. But then again I am concerned about the fact it was only announced AFTER the delays which makes me wonder was the game delayed BECAUSE they wanted to add DLC or not? Then I also wonder if the only reason they announced the content was because people were concerned about the large price tag.
First of all, knock it off with the color. You hurt our eyes.

Second of all, I don't think the game would have delayed B/C THEY WANTED TO ADD DLC. That part should be completely irrelevant. I think the second part is true, though- sounds like the reason they would say what's on the season pass.